What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Under rated actors

Springs09

Juniors
Nearly all famous actors are severely overrated in relation to the praise and attention they receive relative to their jobs.

Plenty of underrated ones around we’ve never heard of, mostly those going on stage every night. Some of the West End actors I’ve seen were amazing.

Mr Spock!

Referee
I wish my boy had this drill sargent..

I am a softy.

Mary-Jane rotten crotch in her pretty pink panties.....

Those days are O V E R !!!!
You mean where he drives Vincent D'Onofrio psycho who shoots him and then blows his brains out?

Theres another underrated actor.

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
It’s kinda funny... I was talking about this topic with an American friend last night and he gave me Sam Neill...

i was like... nahhh he’s rated very highly... then I realised he’s rated highly in NZ and Australia and the UK... but American audiences probably only remember him from Jurassic Park.

It got me thinking about actors who are rated highly locally but maybe underrated internationally.

I think of a guy like Karl Urban in NZ or a guy like Sam Worthington or Eric Bana from Aussie...

Parra

Referee
It’s kinda funny... I was talking about this topic with an American friend last night and he gave me Sam Neill...

i was like... nahhh he’s rated very highly... then I realised he’s rated highly in NZ and Australia and the UK... but American audiences probably only remember him from Jurassic Park.

It got me thinking about actors who are rated highly locally but maybe underrated internationally.

I think of a guy like Karl Urban in NZ or a guy like Sam Worthington or Eric Bana from Aussie...

I agree with your american friend.

Rod McClusky

Juniors
Tim Curry

Legend (with Tom Cruise)
Hunt for Red October
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Loaded Weapon
It
Home Alone 2

“Wildness Girl’s calling”

Zoidberg

First Grade
Mel Gibson. I think he was seen as more of a movie star and then a quality filmmaker, but I don’t think his acting got the praise it deserved.

shiznit

Coach
Alan Rickman was a brilliant actor, and I'm not sure he ever got the kudos he deserved.
Loved the story about how the stunt crew f**ked with him on the famous falling scene on Die Hard.

they told him they were dropping him on the count of 10 and they dropped him on like 5 or something... so you get that unforgettable look of absolute terror on his face as he’s falling... which IMO was the greatest shot in the entire franchise.

I will start with this guy

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0393222/?ref_=tt_cl_t4

James Hong was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA. He studied civil engineering at the University of Minnesota, but at some point along the way became interested in acting. He graduated from the University of Southern California and practiced for 1½ years as a road engineer with the County of Los Angeles.

Big Trouble in Little China...classic.

I always remember him for this role in Seinfeld - one of my favourite episodes..

"CARTWRIGHT?!?!?!?....."

I would nominate someone like Brad Pitt who's actually a good actor but doesn't usually get plaudits for that because of pretty boy-ness and superstardom. Although, he's winning lots of plaudits for Once Upon ... so I'm probably a year late nominating him.

Same. I was having this conversation with someone the other day - that there's not a single film of Brad Pitt's I've seen that I didnt like. And that he's been brilliant in all of them. Yes he's very high profile but yes he doesn't get the plaudits like others - and possibly for reasons you say.

Snatch, 12 monkeys, Fight Club, Legends of the Fall, Inglorious Basterds, Seven, The Departed, Moneyball, World War Z, Oceans Eleven, 12 Years a Slave, Fury.... not all his films there but that's a pretty damn impressive CV right there.. (well at least I loved all these...).

Pitt even had a cameo on Being John Malkovich - my 2nd favourite film of all time.... (looking forward to the LU all time favourite movie results...).

Another Under-rated actor I suggest..

Daniel Bruhl - played Niki Lauda in Rush - awesome performance, amongst a few other films of his I've seen (inc Inglorious Basterds). He's been brilliant in all.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Brühl

Parra

Referee
Same. I was having this conversation with someone the other day - that there's not a single film of Brad Pitt's I've seen that I didnt like. And that he's been brilliant in all of them. Yes he's very high profile but yes he doesn't get the plaudits like others - and possibly for reasons you say.

Snatch, 12 monkeys, Fight Club, Legends of the Fall, Inglorious Basterds, Seven, The Departed, Moneyball, World War Z, Oceans Eleven, 12 Years a Slave, Fury.... not all his films there but that's a pretty damn impressive CV right there.. (well at least I loved all these...).

Pitt even had a cameo on Being John Malkovich - my 2nd favourite film of all time.... (looking forward to the LU all time favourite movie results...).

Another Under-rated actor I suggest..

Daniel Bruhl - played Niki Lauda in Rush - awesome performance, amongst a few other films of his I've seen (inc Inglorious Basterds). He's been brilliant in all.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Brühl

Good call on Daniel Bruhl. Without him Rush is nothing. One hammy aussie.

Latest posts