What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Joey Manu the best centre in the NRL?

MKCS

Juniors
i'd say last year the media was suggesting that Latrell and Manu were the best with Manu at number 2 but being viewed as a future star.

I was relieved when the Roosters managed to keep him. I'd say he's probably top 3 centres in the comp if he was Australian he would've got the right centre jersey and would be picked for either Origin team. Very similar accomplishments to Latrell if he was Aussie.

Plus, and I want to be corrected if I'm wrong but wasn't there a game I think in 2018 where Manu absolutely outplayed Latrell?

gerg

Juniors
i'd say last year the media was suggesting that Latrell and Manu were the best with Manu at number 2 but being viewed as a future star.

I was relieved when the Roosters managed to keep him. I'd say he's probably top 3 centres in the comp if he was Australian he would've got the right centre jersey and would be picked for either Origin team. Very similar accomplishments to Latrell if he was Aussie.

Plus, and I want to be corrected if I'm wrong but wasn't there a game I think in 2018 where Manu absolutely outplayed Latrell?

Yes, end of season test match.

2 weeks

Coach
Brad Parker says hello

/thread

images

BennyV

Referee
If there’s one thing this thread highlights, it’s how shit the pool of centres is in the NRL.

Manu is good and he’s definitely a future megastar, but he’s been playing NRL for about 15 minutes. If he’s considered amongst the best at this stage then there’s issues.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Aitken and Lafai say hello.
If they were capable of coherent thought and there was a functioning link between their tiny brains and their mouths.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Did Manu play in the GF? I cant recall seeing him at all.
Would have carved up the BYC if he was matched up on him though...

You must have missed the fact that defence wins Premierships, and Manu/Morris completely shut down the Raiders left edge.

And the year before Manu destroyed teams in the finals with his attacking brilliance.

Lethal attacker. Brilliant, strong defender. The complete centre that contributes on both sides of the ball.

nick87

Coach
You must have missed the fact that defence wins Premierships, and Manu/Morris completely shut down the Raiders left edge.

And the year before Manu destroyed teams in the finals with his attacking brilliance.

Lethal attacker. Brilliant, strong defender. The complete centre that contributes on both sides of the ball.
Oh i didnt miss it. Im just making the point that you should probably not talk up what a f**king stud Joesph Manu (and he is) and then slander the dude who played him to a stalemate in the GF

Tommy Smith

Referee
Oh i didnt miss it. Im just making the point that you should probably not talk up what a f**king stud Joesph Manu (and he is) and then slander the dude who played him to a stalemate in the GF
Dickfingers Croker could barely catch the ball in the GF. And given that the defining contest of the GF was the Raiders attack vs the Roosters defence, and the Roosters defence held out, then it wasn't a stalemate imo.

nick87

Coach
Dickfingers Croker could barely catch the ball in the GF. And given that the defining contest of the GF was the Raiders attack vs the Roosters defence, and the Roosters defence held out, then it wasn't a stalemate imo.

The Raiders were primarily a defensive team this year, they won games on the back of their defence, not attack.

If Manu is such a f**king stud (and again, i agree that is one of the best in the game! haha) and Croker is just average, any explanation as to why Croker was able to completely shut down Manu all game?

The butthurt over Latrell's defection is getting a little out of hand. You're back to back champions. Good chance to get a hattrick. Just f**king relax, my guy. :D

yobbo84

First Grade
I came on here to mention how he was completely shut down by Cam Murray when he was at centre, but then I remembered Murray is basically a demigod so I will allow it. Manu probably is the best centre at the moment.

BadnMean

Juniors

Hang on. One of these guys scored a try in the GF & made more yards & missed less tackles than the other... & it wasn't Manu...

And he's not even our best centre...

Latest posts