What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Panther Pete

Juniors
A short article in today’s Tele with quotes from Ivan mentions Hetherington has been off the piss since November which can’t be a bad thing. It was actually a nice change to get a favourable story from them rather than Rothfield putting the boot in.

Blade23

Juniors
A short article in today’s Tele with quotes from Ivan mentions Hetherington has been off the piss since November which can’t be a bad thing. It was actually a nice change to get a favourable story from them rather than Rothfield putting the boot in.

Pre Christmas break Hetherington was one of the best in pre season training. He has been very impressive in attitude and application.

The Realist

Juniors
I would start the season with this lineup 1.Edwards 2.Mansour 3.Whare 4.Naden 5.T'oo 6.Luai 7.Cleary 13.Fisher Harris 12.kikau 11.Yeo 10.Tamou 9.Koroisau 8.Tetevano 14.Leota 15.Capewell 16.Martin 17.leniu Nsw cup team 1.Aekins 2.Watene zelezniak 3.johns 4.Chrichton 5.Mcgrady 6.Burton 7.Blore 13.fearnley 12.Blore 11.Burns 10.Hetherington9.kenny 8.Ellis

I still cannot understand the Capewell signing. Burns is ready. Hetherington is also super capable if he is coached well.

Kilkenny

Coach
I still cannot understand the Capewell signing. Burns is ready. Hetherington is also super capable if he is coached well.

I think we’ll see the real Jack Hetherington this season given he threw away 2019 with a silly off field related incident and then when he did return injury ended his season so he basically didn’t play.

Billy Burns earnt his debut late season and showed glimpses of what he is capable of so I’m confident with the right attitude and solid off season he is more than capable of pressing for a spot in our 17.

Legion

Juniors
He will end up in front. Souffs just need time to clear players out. Watch him resign for $1m
That's IF he works out at fullback.

LM goes missing in games. Often doesn't back up.
If he has the same attitude at fullback, then he's going to leak tries.
In defense, fullbacks must always be in position & anticipate where the opposition is heading.

Mitchell has an attitude problem. Freddie had one until someone got in his ear & turned him around. Respect.
Hayne never lost his & look where it got him. Hayne had the potential to have gone down in history as one of Leagues greatest players. Hayne was way too inconsistent because he's got an attitude. Didn't put in 100%.

Mitchell has the potential to be a brilliant fullback but, with his attitude it's going to be a very interesting season at Souffs. It's probably wrong to laugh but I will chuckle if he ends up getting moved to the wing during the season.
Wingers don't get $1million a year, lol.

Last edited:

martielang

Bench
I reckon Mitchell will kill it straight off the bat at fullback. Mitchell with more space & freedom is a scary proposition for teams.

The yak

Juniors
I reckon Latrell struggles first up.
He hasn't trained property for the past 2- 3 months. He is playing a position he hasn't played for several years. A position that requires 15 - 18 hit ups a games (not his lazy 6) per game. Good Fullbacks usually average 170 - 200 metres per game. Last year he averaged 85 metres, he would need to more than double his output.
He would need a full off season and dedication to prime himself for Fullback. Not 2 months.

He will have this glimpses this year but there will be times he will struggle physically and mentally.

Fangs

Coach
Valetine Holmes struggled at fullback, eventually started to be very dangerous. Remember they had to take him out of fullback at first. I'd say Mitch is a more skilful player but will struggle as Yak pointed out.

Will be interesting to see if Bennett moves him early on for Doueihi or Alex Johnston. Unlikely if the Rabbitohs start strong like 2019.

Last edited:

kinghippo

Juniors
Valetine Holmes struggled at fullback, eventually started to be very dangerous. Remember they had to take him out of fullback at first. I'd say Mitch is a more skilful player but struggle as Yak pointed out.

Will be interesting to see if Bennett moves him early on for Doueihi or Alex Johnston. Unlikely if the Rabbitohs start strong like 2019.
I think Mitchell can be good but the big problem facing Souths and him will be team morale.
No matter what their team looks like on paper I think they will struggle with unrest if they get off to a slow start.
The strife caused by trying to shift players like Johnston, gagai, douhei or anyone else mid contract could really hurt them, similar to our dramas last year.
Plus their pack looks pretty average without arrow, which will add a lot of pressure on Mitchell why he is trying to find his feet.

The yak

Juniors
I think Mitchell can be good but the big problem facing Souths and him will be team morale.
No matter what their team looks like on paper I think they will struggle with unrest if they get off to a slow start.
The strife caused by trying to shift players like Johnston, gagai, douhei or anyone else mid contract could really hurt them, similar to our dramas last year.
Plus their pack looks pretty average without arrow, which will add a lot of pressure on Mitchell why he is trying to find his feet.

I am not a fan of Souths pack either. Without Arrow and the loss of grunt in George and Sam Burgess I think they are a mongrel or 2 short.
Murray is a good player and I like Sua on the edges. Tom Burgess is ok.
Sutton is a loss too. Yes it was time to retire but a backrower with ball skills on that left edge with Cody was invaluable.
There have a couple of middles underrated in Knight and Tatola but they would need to go to another level this year. Games against the top sides you really need that mongrel forward to grind out the tough metres and to intimidate. I don't see that in Souths pack at the moment. An intimidator.
If they can't get the go forward this year that may even blunt Cook a little.
In saying all that I don't like to write off teams coached by W Bennett. He usually has a few tricks up his sleeve. Still If I was a South supporter I would be desperate for Arrow to come this year.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
I think the Bunnies definitely need Jai Arrow this season if they are going to threaten for a top 4 finish. Even a top 8 spot could be a struggle without him. The loss of the two Burgess brothers Sam in particular is massive.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I reckon Latrell struggles first up.
He hasn't trained property for the past 2- 3 months. He is playing a position he hasn't played for several years. A position that requires 15 - 18 hit ups a games (not his lazy 6) per game. Good Fullbacks usually average 170 - 200 metres per game. Last year he averaged 85 metres, he would need to more than double his output.
He would need a full off season and dedication to prime himself for Fullback. Not 2 months.

He will have this glimpses this year but there will be times he will struggle physically and mentally.

I think he will struggle with the 'relentlessness' (if that's actually a word LOL). The fact that he looks quite unfit and we are in mid january. Latrell actually getting his body in top shape will be a hard slog. He doesn't come across (to me) as someone who has a huge work ethic. (see the shape he is in)

In junior grades when he played F/B he relied purely on his natural God given talent. Playing F/B in the NRL you need more than that.

I could be very wrong.

Time will tell us.