What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2020 Predictions

Noise

Coach
Plenty of better players could up their involvement rate if they dropped to only 30-40min a game. Alvaro is a dependable guy that will probably make the bench. But he isn’t a walk up start on the bench for the whole season, no matter how many articles Pou writes about him.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Plenty of better players could up their involvement rate if they dropped to only 30-40min a game. Alvaro is a dependable guy that will probably make the bench. But he isn’t a walk up start on the bench for the whole season, no matter how many articles Pou writes about him.

Evans is above him in pecking as is RCG and Jnr.
If Kafusi or Terepo hit form Danny will be dropped.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
You're right. He made more than that in 2018 when he was fit. He was the number one defensive prop in the NRL I think?

And less in 2019 when the fat prop fans got their wish. Funny how putting weight on a hard worker made him less effective. Thankfully it looks he's dropped the lard for 2020.

Hopefully that, and the addition of RCG, tightens up our middle.
I like a tight middle.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Sure Alvaro is a good defender and mobile but is that better then K.Evans providing a bone crushing tackle that knocks the stuffing out of the guy carting it up and potentially limiting his impact on the rest of the game?
Ok defender but nothing special. Good defenders hurt you. He is more mobile then Jnr but the rest of our pack are better defenders due to the fact they play tougher....
Thats a one dimensional view of what constitutes a good defender. A good defender can be a guy that makes a shit load of tackles at a high effectiveness rate or it can be an enforcer. Both have their role.

hindy111

Post Whore
Thats a one dimensional view of what constitutes a good defender. A good defender can be a guy that makes a shit load of tackles at a high effectiveness rate or it can be an enforcer. Both have their role.

I've said this 100 x There are players who are able to defend as good as Alvaro and also bend the line in attack. Yes they do both. Nikuore is a good example.
Anyhows I would have Danny in my 17 to start season. But wont be suprised if he drops out if Kafusi or Stone fire.

Bazal

Post Whore
I've said this 100 x There are players who are able to defend as good as Alvaro and also bend the line in attack. Yes they do both. Nikuore is a good example.
Anyhows I would have Danny in my 17 to start season. But wont be suprised if he drops out if Kafusi or Stone fire.

85 times*

Noise

Coach
Alvaro’s effectiveness isn’t high.

Latest posts