What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

With The Benefit Of Hindsight....

Eelementary

Post Whore
I have been wanting to start a thread like this for some time, now, and I finally remembered to do it.

The idea is simple - someone nominates a player that they wish to discuss from our past playing squads, and with the benefit of hindsight, we discuss said player's abilities.

For example, my nomination is Matt Petersen - I remember that he was a polarising player when he was an active Eel (some loved him, and some hated him), but the man had a great try-scoring record, and scored some fantastic tries.

With the benefit of hindsight, how would you rate Matt Petersen?

Gronk

Staff member
This a great thread for those merkins who gave Smithy shit for signing Fui. You know who you are :

Dibs

Bench
I have been wanting to start a thread like this for some time, now, and I finally remembered to do it.

The idea is simple - someone nominates a player that they wish to discuss from our past playing squads, and with the benefit of hindsight, we discuss said player's abilities.

For example, my nomination is Matt Petersen - I remember that he was a polarising player when he was an active Eel (some loved him, and some hated him), but the man had a great try-scoring record, and scored some fantastic tries.

With the benefit of hindsight, how would you rate Matt Petersen?
I always said I liked watching Sideshow Bob, he was entertaining but I preferred watching him playing for other teams rather than the eels. That way I could just enjoy the good things he did and not get frustrated with the bad things

Eelementary

Post Whore
As for Sideshow Bob, I always thought he was a great try-scorer, and would always give you 100% - but he was prone to making some simple errors.

I don't know if he'd make it in today's game, because he is probably a littl undersized, but he would give it a red-hot go.

Latest posts