What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Gasnier

Crush

Coach
They were giving it to the Dragons in spades long before Hunt was ever signed.
They plus that wanker Smith have death ridden our team almost from the moment they arrived in the commentary box even to the point of laughing and ridiculing us even before Mc Gregor (which we don't see of other teams) so it has been a long standing practise and quite frankly their almost total bias against us pisses me off.
Everything pisses you off OT.

SBD82

Coach
Imo, as a commentator Parker has a limited vocabulary, drone like voice with little intonation, continually states the bleeding obvious and whilst he was a great player, just like a few others, is boring to bear for 80 minutes and should never have been given a commentary gig...
You’re 100% correct. He’s also a massive narcissist.

Sorry mate. I was joking. Referring to the exchange between Parker and Klemmer in origin that went like this:

Parker: “show some respect”
Klemmer: “get f**ked you merkin”.

Dragsters

First Grade
You’re 100% correct. He’s also a massive narcissist.

Sorry mate. I was joking. Referring to the exchange between Parker and Klemmer in origin that went like this:

Parker: “show some respect”
Klemmer: “get f**ked you merkin”.

Of course, how could I forget that gem...

BBTB

Juniors
IMO Braith Anasta is probably the worst NRL commentator. Has a distinct bias for certain clubs (usually the ones he played for) and a dislike for others including the Dragons. He is be critical of the Dragons at every opportunity and unfortunately we have given him plenty of ammunition in recent years.
Unfortunately Avatar, is a complete fool.

BBTB

Juniors
They were giving it to the Dragons in spades long before Hunt was ever signed.
They plus that wanker Smith have death ridden our team almost from the moment they arrived in the commentary box even to the point of laughing and ridiculing us even before Mc Gregor (which we don't see of other teams) so it has been a long standing practise and quite frankly their almost total bias against us pisses me off.
Warren Smith's opinion, isn't worth dirt. He's a self serving idiot.with no credentials at all... No right to comment....
He's fool, of three highest degree...
His opinion.. Is worth nothing... And really seldom listened too.

True_Believer

Juniors
For me, Anasta is by far the biggest PITA on Fox. Just can't stand his commentating and his obvious bias against the Dragons. Brandy annoys me occasionally and, like everyone else, I think Warren Ryan needs to be flicked. He's a fool. When these guys are on together commentating a Dragons game, it's barely watchable.

I rarely watch 9's coverage anymore, but if I turn it on and Hadley is commentating, I'll turn it straight off. I'd rather not watch the footy than listen to him.

**Edit - Apologies, I mean Warren Smith

Last edited:

Walpole

Juniors
There should be a way to mute individual commentators using your remote. So if you're forced to watch channel 9 for instance, you could mute Gould, Johns, Fittler, Rabs etc and just have about 3 minutes of comments from Sterlo and background noise. Or if you're on Fox you might want to mute most of the commentators and just listen to Kevvie Walters, who for some reason I find entertaining. I know he's usually talking nonsense but following the Dragons, sometimes you need a laugh.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
For me, Anasta is by far the biggest PITA on Fox. Just can't stand his commentating and his obvious bias against the Dragons. Brandy annoys me occasionally and, like everyone else, I think Warren Ryan needs to be flicked. He's a fool. When these guys are on together commentating a Dragons game, it's barely watchable.

I rarely watch 9's coverage anymore, but if I turn it on and Hadley is commentating, I'll turn it straight off. I'd rather not watch the footy than listen to him.

**Edit - Apologies, I mean Warren Smith

To be fair, under Mary there have been bugger all if any games that are watchable regardless of commentary.

SGMax

Juniors
Warren Smith is a Rooster supporter and hates the Dragons particularly after 2010.
He ruined the telecast of the 2010 GF by constantly referring to every decision that went against the Roosters and repeating them as the game went on with. I now have a Ch9 copy of the GF.

As for Gasnier,, I little disappointed he couldn't comment a little in favour of the Dragons especially when the others are allowed to be so biased.
As a player, I thought he was lazy and always looking for the easy way out. Got out for easy money in French Rugby then got out again as soon as he had a media job....regardless of contracts or building a career and reputation.
A very good centre but could have been one of the great centres of the modern game.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Ditto that muppet Greg Alexander.

None of the Fox crew are in Peter Sterling's league but I think that Alexander is probably the closest. When he was on Hadley's Continuous Call team some years ago he was an inarticulate, stumbling disaster whose commentary made it onto blooper tapes. However, he has improved dramatically.

Old Timer

Coach
None of the Fox crew are in Peter Sterling's league but I think that Alexander is probably the closest. When he was on Hadley's Continuous Call team some years ago he was an inarticulate, stumbling disaster whose commentary made it onto blooper tapes. However, he has improved dramatically.
Hates St George with a passion and death rides us so regardless of how articulate he may have become he can go f**k himself.
Now Stirlo is a champion and in a league of his own re commentary and analysis.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Anyone know the reason Gaz was turned away from joining the dragons in any capacity. One would have thought he would be a massive help for our centres even the one ones coming through. Coops once stated he couldn’t get a look in when he tried to help out. Geez I want to lose the first 5 games just knowing they will surely piss of that imposter of a coach

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Anyone know the reason Gaz was turned away from joining the dragons in any capacity. One would have thought he would be a massive help for our centres even the one ones coming through. Coops once stated he couldn’t get a look in when he tried to help out. Geez I want to lose the first 5 games just knowing they will surely piss of that imposter of a coach
McGregor was a superstar centre. If he can’t teach them, what hopes do a couple of hacks like Gaz & Coops have?

The calm one

Juniors
No Gaz is coming here. Thank Christ