What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

martielang

Bench
I wouldn't be doing that with HIA rules, you're asking for trouble. I think a utility is a vital part of the bench these days.

I think Capewell can cover the outside backs. I guess it’s if one of the halves goes down where you might have an issue but even so you could push Edwards up from fullback & slot Naden back there with Capewell centre.

franklin2323

Immortal
I think Capewell can cover the outside backs. I guess it’s if one of the halves goes down where you might have an issue but even so you could push Edwards up from fullback & slot Naden back there with Capewell centre.

And if a half goes down?

That is why I think you will see Kenny, Burton or May on the bench. Of those May allows you to play 3 forwards with that

Panfa

Juniors
Im not happy with what may did but he's a young kid who made a mistake and as long as he doesn't do anything stupid like that again I forgive the bloke.May is a very talented footballer who is a perfect utility got size speed passing game the yr he got injured against the Broncos in that semi he won a few games for us off the bench and scored some crucial tries when he came on as a sub.The issue we are gonna have now is luai Burton may all want to play 1st grade but we will struggle to fit them all in the starting 17.

franklin2323

Immortal
Im not happy with what may did but he's a young kid who made a mistake and as long as he doesn't do anything stupid like that again I forgive the bloke.May is a very talented footballer who is a perfect utility got size speed passing game the yr he got injured against the Broncos in that semi he won a few games for us off the bench and scored some crucial tries when he came on as a sub.The issue we are gonna have now is luai Burton may all want to play 1st grade but we will struggle to fit them all in the starting 17.

We can fit them all in but if Whare, Mansour and co find form and they can’t make the side then that is a good thing.

Panfa

Juniors
Yeah surely mansour and whare can't have a season like last yr again or there both gonna get shown the door.Ive been really impressed with the Panthers training this off season the boys look fitter and much happier as a group we must improve this yr especially with 3 decent signings as well.

MugaB

Coach
And if a half goes down?

That is why I think you will see Kenny, Burton or May on the bench. Of those May allows you to play 3 forwards with that
You forget Korisau can slot into 5/8th if a half goes down.
Its important to have a makeshift hooker on the bench, Kenny covers nearly all forward positions, i'd have Kenny and Capewell, Tetevano and Martin as our bench
Tyrone May will have to prove himself in NswCup before he is even considered before Luai, Kenny and Burton

franklin2323

Immortal
You forget Korisau can slot into 5/8th if a half goes down.
Its important to have a makeshift hooker on the bench, Kenny covers nearly all forward positions, i'd have Kenny and Capewell, Tetevano and Martin as our bench
Tyrone May will have to prove himself in NswCup before he is even considered before Luai, Kenny and Burton

Yeah I would go that bench to start but you are effectively playing Capewell and Kenny to cover what May can bring.

My top 17 for example has no Leota in it. If you want to find a place for him or want Capewell to be only second row. Then May comes into consideration probably not for round 1 though

MugaB

Coach
Yeah I would go that bench to start but you are effectively playing Capewell and Kenny to cover what May can bring.

My top 17 for example has no Leota in it. If you want to find a place for him or want Capewell to be only second row. Then May comes into consideration probably not for round 1 though
Leota and Tamou IS my starting front row, Kikau and Yeo, then JFH at lock
Then Kenny, Capewell, Tetevano and Martin as the bench,
Again May is untested being that he has had year away, maybe after a month in nswcup he can comeback into the 1st grade squad

franklin2323

Immortal
Leota and Tamou IS my starting front row, Kikau and Yeo, then JFH at lock
Then Kenny, Capewell, Tetevano and Martin as the bench,
Again May is untested being that he has had year away, maybe after a month in nswcup he can comeback into the 1st grade squad

I have Leinu in over him. Depends on trials really cause he was training so not the same as if he was injured. Big trial minutes and form I guess will decide when

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Don’t forget Spencer Leniu
He has to be in the 17 somewhere

I re-watched the 2019 last game of the season here are my thought.

Tamou and Leota starting props. Tetevano on the bench for experience. (replacing Tamou)

Leniu on the bench (he may need a spell mid year but on the bench). Fish at Lock. Yeo starting 2nd row. Whare will have to start on fire or it's NSW cup for him.

To'o hopefully starts 2020 where he left off in 2019.

Cleary will be fine at 7. As long as he remembers to run as halfback. The bloke has speed to burn. I believe he will step up.

That last game of the season has given me hope for 2020.

martielang

Bench

You’ve lost the plot Franky. Leota one of the first forwards picked IMO.

He was sensational the back half of last year. Thoroughly underrated & underused.

Latest posts