What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

With The Benefit Of Hindsight....

lingard

Coach
I've also attended Lidcombe Oval, Leichardt Oval, Brookvale Oval, Redfern Oval, Kogarah Oval, North Sydney Oval, and the SCG in the old days. F*cking great memories.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I've also attended Lidcombe Oval, Leichardt Oval, Brookvale Oval, Redfern Oval, Kogarah Oval, North Sydney Oval, and the SCG in the old days. F*cking great memories.
Ditto to all those mate but let me tell you NOTHING compares to Bankwest.
Cheers.

lingard

Coach
But the thing about Sterlo, he formed part of a champion team, not part of a team of champions. That's why they won 4 titles and came close to another 2. Individual brilliance V team ability. We all know how that usually ends up.

They were a champion team. But they also had champion players: Grothe, Kenny, Price, Cronin, were certainly superstars of the game. Then Sterling and Ella to round it out. I'd call that a team of champions as well as a champion team.

parra pete

Referee
Ditto to all those mate but let me tell you NOTHING compares to Bankwest.
Cheers.

Standing on the Hill at Scoreboard end of Cumberland Oval in the early sixties, with an Esky full of Tooheys Flag Ale with my great mates-----a couple of whom are sadly passed on----NOTHING compared to that for me. Memories are made of this....I have a photo somewhere..will post it when I find it...

Last edited:

parra pete

Referee
Pratten Park at Ashfield was another suburban Oval..Bloody hard to get to...It was Wests home ground before Lidcombe Oval

Eelementary

Post Whore
Justin Tsoulous...

Was he any good?

With the benefit of hindsight, would you sign him to your team now?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Webcke was asking for it. Turning up in his RM Williams boots and square head!

Someone should have told him how we f**ked up the last guy...

kryten-knows-theres-no-silicon-heaven.jpg

Eelementary

Post Whore
Was a pillow after his shoulder.

And he wasn't the toughest bloke before that. Ran hard, solid at best. If he came through the grades now I'd let him move on.

I tend to agree.

Did a job, but was solid, at best.

Last edited:

Latest posts