What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Josh Reynolds DV accusation (charges dropped 26/2/20)

Tiger5150

Bench
I think it was 11 years or crimes against Women.

JDB, May and Walker all got stood down around the same time

Not much can be relied upon in the world of the NRL but the only thing you can bet on is Todd being inconsistent and incompetent. Having said that I dont think he could do anything other than let Reynolds play (and Im not a fan of Reynolds as a bloke or a player).

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
"I think it was...."

How hard is it to google something you're not sure about?

This is the original article on the NRL's website in February last year, to remove any doubt.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/02/28/arl-commission-to-announce-new-policy-for-player-misbehaviour/

ARL Commission chairman Peter Beattie and NRL CEO Todd Greenberg have announced there has been unanimous agreement from the Commission that there will be a "no-fault stand down" for players who are charged with serious criminal offences.

Beattie and Greenberg addressed the media at Rugby League Central to announce the outcome of Thursday morning's annual general meeting.

Greenberg said Dragons forward Jack de Belin, who is facing sexual assault allegations, would be the first player stood when the new policy was enacted and the CEO stressed it was not a judgement on his guilt or innocence. De Belin has pleaded not guilty to the charges.

"He'll be stood down under the no fault policy. He cannot play until the completion of that case," Greenberg said.

"This policy ensures he doesn't play but he can be around the team, be at training during the week and most importantly can take the services of that club via the welfare and services available to him. We think it's important for the club and player to have the opportunity to continue in the environment."

The chairman said the ARL was setting a benchmark for all players to protect rugby league.

"We've spent a considerable amount of time working on what's in the best interests of rugby league," Beattie said.

"I want to make it clear this is no fault, we're making no judgement whatsoever, in relation to any player charged with any offence. What we're doing is setting a benchmark and standard for the game of rugby league.

"We do have a responsibility of player welfare and we want to have a clear partnership with all clubs. They'll be able to train with the team."

Beattie said the criminal offences that apply to this rule are serious offences with a maximum jail term of 11 years or more.

"This is not about being popular, this is about sending a clear message the game does not tolerate violence, against women or children. Our job is to rebuild the reputation and protect the game. That reputation has been damaged by recent events. This is about a standard that's expected."

Greenberg said he would use this policy sparingly.

Then from a follow up article in April which clearly states:

The policy applies to any player facing a criminal charge carrying a maximum penalty of 11 years or more in jail, while Greenberg has the discretion to impose a "no-fault stand down" of players on lesser charges.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/15/greenberg-to-take-stand-in-de-belin-hearing/

Nothing about "crimes against women" specifically, just that there would be a discretion for matters under 11 years.

Usain Bolt

Bench
Here’s that article on how they met https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/12/07...allenges-of-fatherhood-and-rebuilding-career/

Josh Reynolds describes his 2018 season as a train wreck.

"My body failed me, man."

But in pursuit of a remedy to erase the nightmare that was his five-game debut campaign for the Wests Tigers, he found more than he bargained for on a self-funded study mission in Melbourne in September.

"I'm a big believer in everything happens for a reason," Reynolds told NRL.com.

"I wouldn't have gone to Melbourne if it wasn't for the season I went through. But if I didn't go to Melbourne I wouldn't be having the twins we're expecting next year. Yeah, last season was a write-off, but it turns out it was a blessing in disguise."

Yep, you read that correctly.

Josh Reynolds is going to be a father. Of two.

What was meant to be two weeks of intense testing and training at the Australian Catholic University to beat a chronic hamstring injury led to Reynolds reacquainting himself with an old friend. A silver lining to what was a horror year on the field for the Tigers’ marquee recruit.

"I went down to Melbourne and got some really good results on my body and came back with an even better result in my life," he said.

"I am so happy. Our little tribe is going to be together in Sydney and we're going to make it work. That's massive for me that she's willing to come up here and raise the kids. I don't want them growing up without their dad or someone dropping in every couple of weeks. It's not the person I am. I want to be part of their lives and I can't wait. I want to be a hands on dad. I'm honestly over the moon."

In October, a day before Reynolds was meant to fly to Bali on a holiday, he received the phone call that changed his life.

The news - that he would soon become a father - shocked him, so you could imagine his surprise a couple of months later when he learnt there were identical twins on the way.

"Before we even know she said ‘I don't know why but I have a feeling there's two in here’," Reynolds said.

"I went on old doctor Google and one thing that is common with women carrying twins is intuition. They say a lot of mothers know they are having twins before they are told. Then a few weeks later we find out there's identical twins in there. It's funny, nothing I do is normal. Everything is always 100 miles an hour and this is probably the perfect example of it. I love a challenge and this is the biggest one of my life but I'm ready to be a dad.

"I sort of conceded that I wasn't going to have kids at an age where they can probably watch me play footy. One of the things I'm looking forward to is taking the two squirts on the field after a big win and let them embrace it with me. I look at David Klemmer with all his little boys. I want that proud feeling in my life. I'm proud of a lot of things I've done in my life but this will take the cake."

Reynolds informed new Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire of his life-changing news last week. The coach wanted to make sure his five-eighth was in a good frame of mind.

"He said to me be proud of it," Reynolds said.

"He said to me are you proud? I said 100%. This is not the cliched story of being with someone for five years - but it's our way. This is the way we're doing it. I don't care what anyone says.

"So I went upstairs to a team meeting. We were doing an activity to get to know our teammates better. We had to answer three questions - what are your strengths, what do you have to improve and what's something your teammates don't know about you. I thought it was the perfect time to tell them that I was having twins and the boys just erupted. They went off. It was a cool moment.

"I honestly think it's going to be one of the best things that can happen for my footy too. One of my worst traits is that I can't let go of stuff. Losses and bad performances haunt me.

"You look at guys with kids after games in the sheds after their loss and they have the biggest smile on their faces when they see their kids. It's hard to understand when you don't have kids, thinking 'how can they smile after that?'.

"But I've spoken to some really important influences in my life and they said the feeling you get becoming a father puts everything into perspective. Footy is massive. Always has been for me. But for once in my life I'm going to put something else before footy - and that's these two little kids."

A lot is going to have to change in Reynolds' life. His party-going ways. And he will reluctantly part ways with his Mercedes C63.

"Sadly it's time for a family car now," he said.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
2 of the dumbest people in Australia found each other.

I remember seeing a gender reveal video ages ago where he pegged a footy through some blue paint or something.

How did she bluff her way so far? Obviously a despicable person but God dam that is some level of conmanning

franklin2323

Immortal
"I think it was...."

How hard is it to google something you're not sure about?

This is the original article on the NRL's website in February last year, to remove any doubt.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/02/28/arl-commission-to-announce-new-policy-for-player-misbehaviour/

Then from a follow up article in April which clearly states:

The policy applies to any player facing a criminal charge carrying a maximum penalty of 11 years or more in jail, while Greenberg has the discretion to impose a "no-fault stand down" of players on lesser charges.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/15/greenberg-to-take-stand-in-de-belin-hearing/

Nothing about "crimes against women" specifically, just that there would be a discretion for matters under 11 years.

Last paragraph in that article says

‘It’s not about being popular, this is about sending the message that the game doesn’t tolerate violence against Women or Children’

Now Beattie is gone seems the message changed

Google brought that up but is the only time it was mentioned. So hence I was unsure if it was the way it played out

Last edited:

bileduct

Coach
How did she bluff her way so far? Obviously a despicable person but God dam that is some level of conmanning
Have you ever personally known a pathological liar?

They will go to great lengths in order to maintain a lie and will prey on every sympathy and emotional vulnerability you have. Once you start to crack through the false persona they will start to create a new foundation of lies underneath, again abusing your kindness and sympathy with some bullshit story about how they're a victim of such and such and that's why they weren't fully honest with you to begin with. The power they wield over people is the fact you would never believe that somebody would have the audacity to lie about the things they lie about, and they take immense pleasure in abusing it.

They will forge documents, have people lie for them, create fake social media accounts that are their "friends" and use them to interact with you. They're f**king predators, man. And when you finally figure out that someone you know is one, you will be the person who is the most amazed that you fell for their shit.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Last paragraph in that article says

‘It’s not about being popular, this is about sending the message that the game doesn’t tolerate violence against Women or Children’

Now Beattie is gone seems the message changed

Google brought that up but is the only time it was mentioned. So hence I was unsure if it was the way it played out
Managed to find the official ARLC release from when it was made official policy and it does mention women and children

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/11/nrl-rules/

The NRL CEO will also be able to use his discretion to stand down players charged with other criminal offences, particularly those involving women and children.

TheFrog

Coach
2 of the dumbest people in Australia found each other.

I remember seeing a gender reveal video ages ago where he pegged a footy through some blue paint or something.

The lure of the jelly roll is mighty powerful.

Xcalibre

Juniors
I just watched that 9 news story and Reynolds’ legal team is using these lies and aliases from the ex as part of their defence, according to the report. I’m no legal eagle but all of that doesn’t allow a bloke to hit a woman afaik? And that’s what the allegations are yeah?

She sounds like the devil but that doesn’t excuse getting (allegedly) physical and it sounds like he was with her for a while. Surely, you’d figure out she’s nutso pretty early on. The failed pregnancies should have been a red flag.

I get that the legal defence is probably something like, “Here’s a million examples of her manipulation and fraud, this allegation is obviously another one.” Common sense says sure, but also says it’s easy to imagine him getting very aggravated by finding out the truth.

myrrh ken

First Grade
I just watched that 9 news story and Reynolds’ legal team is using these lies and aliases from the ex as part of their defence, according to the report. I’m no legal eagle but all of that doesn’t allow a bloke to hit a woman afaik? And that’s what the allegations are yeah?

She sounds like the devil but that doesn’t excuse getting (allegedly) physical and it sounds like he was with her for a while. Surely, you’d figure out she’s nutso pretty early on. The failed pregnancies should have been a red flag.

I get that the legal defence is probably something like, “Here’s a million examples of her manipulation and fraud, this allegation is obviously another one.” Common sense says sure, but also says it’s easy to imagine him getting very aggravated by finding out the truth.

I think the link is she fabricated/ reported the assault because he was going to go to the police with the fraud.

Chimp

Bench
I think the link is she fabricated/ reported the assault because he was going to go to the police with the fraud.
He had already gone to the Police with his concerns if I read the timeline correctly. He’d certainly already raised the issues with the NRL.

bileduct

Coach

Josh's defence with regard to the evidence of her being assaulted is that the bruises she claimed were the result of domestic violence were actually caused by medication that she was taking.

Everything else raised by his legal team establishes her as a pathological liar.

Latest posts