What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you eating right now?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Whereabouts are you these days Mis and what takes you there?

The new wife and I are here for a wedding, but headed to Tbilisi to call it home for 3-4 months.

We’ve been calling Hoi An, Vietnam home for most of the last year and a half, but we’ve got three weddings to attend in the Northern Hemisphere this year, so sticking to this half of the world for the time being.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Just got back from a solid Japanese dinner: spicy salmon roll, kariage yakisoba, and piping hot miso with a chilly Kirin for company.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I've been battling a fever these last three days, so I've had trouble working up much of an appetite.

Missus ordered spicy bean soup, cheesy bread, and Georgia's famous tomato & cucumber salad with walnuts for dinner, but I only managed one piece of bread.

Was good bread, though!

myrrh ken

First Grade
The new wife and I are here for a wedding, but headed to Tbilisi to call it home for 3-4 months.

We’ve been calling Hoi An, Vietnam home for most of the last year and a half, but we’ve got three weddings to attend in the Northern Hemisphere this year, so sticking to this half of the world for the time being.
What the hell do you do for a gig? Jealous.

Misanthrope

Staff member
What the hell do you do for a gig? Jealous.

I work for a safari company in East Africa as their representative for the Asia Pacific + the UK. Basically, as long as I can answer my emails and get people quotes quickly, it doesn't really matter where I live.

The missus is trying to get her own online business up and running as well, so places like Georgia and Vietnam work for us: cheap rent, relaxed visa laws, and low cost of living.

AJB1102

First Grade
Toad meat spring rolls, bat and sweet corn soup, steamed bin chicken with mushrooms, mongolian rat and spider egg fried rice. Washed down with a 6 pack of Corona.

Ate so much I'm feeling a bit fluey..

Misanthrope

Staff member
Just had a meeting with a potential client and treated myself to a celebratory serving of waffles with vanilla bean ice cream and fresh berries. So good.

Smack

Coach
making this again for lunch tomorrow, chili garlic prawns, ginger, sesame & soy salad, w white rice

18.jpg

horrie hastings

First Grade
Just had a meeting with a potential client and treated myself to a celebratory serving of waffles with vanilla bean ice cream and fresh berries. So good.

Watched an episode of Nigella Lawson last night and she made waffles and I thought to myself it has been years since I have had waffles and ice cream.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Watched an episode of Nigella Lawson last night and she made waffles and I thought to myself it has been years since I have had waffles and ice cream.

My American wife was horrified to learn that the first time I had waffles was when I was 25 or so. I tried to explain to her that sweet breakfasts (danishes, syrupy French toast etc.) aren't as big a thing in Australia as they are in the States, but she wasn't having it.

horrie hastings

First Grade
My American wife was horrified to learn that the first time I had waffles was when I was 25 or so. I tried to explain to her that sweet breakfasts (danishes, syrupy French toast etc.) aren't as big a thing in Australia as they are in the States, but she wasn't having it.

Yes i have never been able to work out the waffles and pancakes for breakfast, as you say they aren't a big thing in Australia and the idea of them covered in syrupy sweet sauce just doesn't compute with me. Back in the 80s i had a Sunbeam sandwich maker which you could swap the plates and make waffles, made them a few times and they were nice, only needed some ice cream and as you mentioned some fresh berries, a nice desert but not for breakfast. When i was growing up french toast was only bread dipped in egg and milk and fried up for breakfast with maybe just a bit of pepper added, imagine my horror one day going to a cafe for breakfast and they had french toast covered in strawberries and syrup, ugggh.