What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Perth Nines

Travitoh

First Grade
I think I'm the only person not excited about 9's lol.
I love that it's in Perth but i find the format this year underwhelming.

truthslayer

Juniors
Just going to say it now but Wayne Bennett’s plan for Goodwin needs to be orange peeler. Was past it when he left and slower now . Lack of enthusiasm for a lot of Souths players tonight and we still got an injury with Lowe. Hope next game shapes up better. , it’s only 9s BUT

ThingFish

Juniors
Just going to say it now but Wayne Bennett’s plan for Goodwin needs to be orange peeler. Was past it when he left and slower now . Lack of enthusiasm for a lot of Souths players tonight and we still got an injury with Lowe. Hope next game shapes up better. , it’s only 9s BUT
Yeah the injury to Lowe is going to really hurt us. If Gebbe gets any time at all during the season just stick to the wing son, he’s very poor in the centre of the field.

handyman2190

Bench
Im not impressed, our defence hasnt improved and now we are short another forward. No AR no cody we were rudderless and unenthusiastic. I can see a hard year ahead unfortunately

ThingFish

Juniors
Liked what I saw of Taffe. Really didn’t like what I saw of the Continuation of the boring Bennett game plan. It was like watching the prelim again, never looked like scoring. As long as we escape tomorrow with no injuries I’ll be happy.

NovoBunny94

Juniors
Liked what I saw of Taffe. Really didn’t like what I saw of the Continuation of the boring Bennett game plan. It was like watching the prelim again, never looked like scoring. As long as we escape tomorrow with no injuries I’ll be happy.

What's the boring Bennett game plan. South's looked very underwhelming tonight unfortunately
Compare to Penrtih and Newcastle, it looks like we have our 2019 attitude back with us.
A long term Injury to Lowe is all we need :rolling_eyes:

ThingFish

Juniors
What's the boring Bennett game plan. South's looked very underwhelming tonight unfortunately
Compare to Penrtih and Newcastle, it looks like we have our 2019 attitude back with us.
A long term Injury to Lowe is all we need :rolling_eyes:
The boring Bennett game plan is the 2019 attitude you described. Very structured, very one off, can’t score tries in the red zone. The only team that made 9’s look boring tonight.

NovoBunny94

Juniors
The boring Bennett game plan is the 2019 attitude you described. Very structured, very one off, can’t score tries in the red zone. The only team that made 9’s look boring tonight.

Yeah you're right. But hard act to follow when the first team puts on 35-0.
It was an average game at best.
Wonder what Jai Arrow thought watching :joy: I won't start panicking until it's round 5 and were 0-5 (touch wood)

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Won’t start tossing out player reviews as we were pretty ordinary and most of the forum members have covered off on our boring 9’s play style but I thought Taafe looked really good. Quick on his feet and has a boot on him. Koloa and Gebbie however were very disappointing.

callmack1

Staff member
Disappointing result on day 1, didn't go to plan. Too many errors and missed tackles as well as being a bit pedestrian in attack. I feel we needed to throw caution to the wind a bit more.

Liked what I saw from Taaffe and Graham but otherwise no one else really stood out.

Lowe's injury is concerning and obviously not what we need right now so let's hope that's nothing major.

Saying we're in for a long year after a friggin Nines game is crazy though. It's Nines, a completely different game. Wayne has shown in the past that he doesn't care much for the Nines and maybe that's what we're seeing now. There's just no way you can judge how a team will go that year off the Nines.

Anyway, despite the result I still really enjoyed day one and am so happy Footy has returned!! We have improvement in us as a Nines side and hopefully we'll see that on day two. We'll be back!

Latest posts