What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

100 years 2021

m-dragons1997

Juniors
I was just wondering if anyone thinks the club will celebrate 100 years in 2021 next year or choose not to because of the joint venture? Any ideas on what they could possibly do?

ViceVersa

Juniors
I was just wondering if anyone thinks the club will celebrate 100 years in 2021 next year or choose not to because of the joint venture? Any ideas on what they could possibly do?

*Deleted*

I'm glad St George is still it's own entity, and is a joint venture not a 'merge' like Wests Tigers.

And going by the 2015 (50 years) '65 heritage jersey, and 2016 '11 straight' heritage jersey, expect something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I'm glad St George is still it's own entity, and is a joint venture not a 'merge' like Wests Tigers.

And going by the 2015 (50 years) '65 heritage jersey, and 2016 '11 straight' heritage jersey, expect something.

Actually, WT are a joint venture, not a merger.

With WIN Corp’s involvement and the Steelers having no input on the club’s day-to-day modus operandi, I’m unsure whether SGI can still be described in the same manner. A transparent answer for this has yet to be delivered.

ALSGI

Bench
News this morning about a big development at KJO by NSW Government.

I hope they consider incorporating some additional parking options.

Fitting for our 100th season but will be able to use it?

SaintPauli

Juniors
News this morning about a big development at KJO by NSW Government.

I hope they consider incorporating some additional parking options.

Fitting for our 100th season but will be able to use it?
200 million. Thats like a new ground. Yehah. Jubilee oval

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
We’re tipped to get the wooden spoon next year...imagine getting the spoon on your 100 year anniversary. If there’s any team that can pull that off it’s these dumbshits...f**k me!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Monday 8 November 1920: A public meeting to discuss the introduction of St George into the first grade competition was arranged. An advertisement on October 30 in The St George Call read as follows:
"A public meeting will be held in the Kogarah School of Arts on Monday, November 8 at 8pm to form a grade club for the district of St George, to take part in the 1921 competition of the NSWRL. All players and supporters are cordially invited to attend. J. McGraw, Convener."

Thus laid the foundation of the St George District RLFC and all the history that was to follow.

http://jubileeavenue.com.au/history/1907-1920.php

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Monday 8 November 1920: A public meeting to discuss the introduction of St George into the first grade competition was arranged. An advertisement on October 30 in The St George Call read as follows:
"A public meeting will be held in the Kogarah School of Arts on Monday, November 8 at 8pm to form a grade club for the district of St George, to take part in the 1921 competition of the NSWRL. All players and supporters are cordially invited to attend. J. McGraw, Convener."

Thus laid the foundation of the St George District RLFC and all the history that was to follow.

http://jubileeavenue.com.au/history/1907-1920.php
On that great day they never could have imagined that in the not too distant future they would have won 11 in a row.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
On that great day they never could have imagined that in the not too distant future they would have won 11 in a row.
We had a pretty good start in the early years, a mixed first decade but we came close to winning a few premierships. We should have won a couple but the competition rules of the day kept changing, and Saints were unlucky to be on the wrong end of that each time.

If I was a time traveller, 1941 would have been a great day to be at the SCG. Our first premiership. That, and I would have loved to have been at Earl Park in 1928, just to witness the riot.

blue bags

First Grade
We had a pretty good start in the early years, a mixed first decade but we came close to winning a few premierships. We should have won a couple but the competition rules of the day kept changing, and Saints were unlucky to be on the wrong end of that each time.

If I was a time traveller, 1941 would have been a great day to be at the SCG. Our first premiership. That, and I would have loved to have been at Earl Park in 1928, just to witness the riot.
and Hurstville oval , where the referee fled for his life,
cause some angry fans from dodgy calls. had tomahawks
and earl park arncliffe, you wouldn't even think there was a park there now, its all high rise concrete units
Hurtsville oval, is still there, mostly cricket oval now, all original, nothing has changed. played a few games there in the juniors

Last edited:

Latest posts