What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Oh, the one thing I don't have is doubt.

Mincing words doesn't get you away from the truth, Gronky. I'll add you to the list, now:
  • Low confidence = more likely than not;
  • Plants will die from excessive carbon dioxide;
  • The carbon dioxide is killing the bees;
  • Demanding sources then posting screenshots without sources;
  • There's a cyclone! Climate change! Less cyclones = climate change!
Keep 'em comin', boys.
I'm not responsible for any of your mincy dot points but it's only fair that we also do a HJ dossier:
  • Says that 'low confidence = no confidence'. Changes the topic when someone points out that there is also a 'very low confidence' making the concept of 'low confidence = no confidence' complete bullshit.
  • Constantly trying to convince us that he has read all of the documents when its clear he hasn't based on his amateurish interpretations that can be dismantled in 5 min.
  • Sources information from facebook.
  • Randomly spews forth meaningless graphs and asks lots of questions but never delivers any solid answers of his own.
  • Has been schooled on multiple occassions by a guy with only a passing interest in the topic, but much superior intelligence.
  • When he feels cornered and under the pump he fails to respond. If you are persistent enough and force him to reply he usually offers a two pronged approach of shit:
  1. Claims that he is time poor and it is beneath him to 'argue' (i.e. explain himself). I wonder how he gets all that time to read IPCC reports?
  2. Then laughingly claims that he is just trolling you. By doing this he is deflecting from his failure to grasp something and trying to make it about those that are asking the questions. "What do you mean that's wrong? You do realise I am just trolling you!"
Keep em' coming HJ. I admire your continued bravado in the face of such a pathetic display of incompetence.

Eelogical

Referee
No more Holden. So does that mean Ford won the war?
It goes to show, nothing lasts forever. Ford played their hand much smarter than Holden. On the whole, there were many factors involved that brought us to today's announcement by Holden. It was inevitable from the time they announced they were walking away from local manufacturing.

Chipmunk

Coach
It means toyota and mazda won

For Japan and Korea to continue to be our biggest buyer of our coal and LNG, we obviously had to buy plenty of their Toyota's, Mazda's, Hyundai's, Kia's and Samsung's in return.

Someone has to lose out in the end...

It goes to show, nothing lasts forever. Ford played their hand much smarter than Holden. On the whole, there were many factors involved that brought us to today's announcement by Holden. It was inevitable from the time they announced they were walking away from local manufacturing.

Not sure Ford are doing that much better, but at least they're alive. Both of them underestimated just how many of their former customers were not mindless bogans.

Eelogical

Referee
Not sure Ford are doing that much better, but at least they're alive. Both of them underestimated just how many of their former customers were not mindless bogans.
It goes much deeper, mate. Holden, Ford, Toyota all manufactured cars here. For that to happen local parts suppliers sold to all three companies as part of the manufacturing chain. When Toyota dropped out, the cards began to fall on that front (most likely earlier) as far as locally sourced parts were concerned. Holden didn't make cars that were popular with the masses any longer, and what cars they did sell (imports) were of poor quality. It's no excuse though, poor quality cars (except for the VF Commodore) that nobody wants, union demands and being controlled by a company in the USA fighting for subsidies from the OZ government all contribute to another Aussie icon going down the gurgler.