What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 ratings

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nrl nines ratings for the record
Friday
NRL 9s Fox League
Raiders v Titans 193,000
Wests Tigers v Rabbitohs 192,000
Dragons v Sharks 183,000
Cowboys v Broncos 179,000
Bulldogs v Eels 171,000
Warriors v Knights 154,000
Storm v Sea Eagles 148,000
Panthers v Roosters 143,000
Warriors v Roosters 114,000
Broncos v Dragons 100,00

https://www.mediaweek.com.au/tv-ratings-friday-february-14/

Saturday
NRL 9s Fox League

Final Cowboys v Dragons 201,000
Quarter Final 4 173,000
Quarter Final 3 173,000
Semi Final 1 172,000
Quarter Final 1 170,000
Broncos v Storm 167,000
Semi Final 2 167,000
Quarter Final 2 163,000
Sea Eagles v Cowboys 156,000
Titans v West Tigers 149,000
Rabbitohs v Raiders 134,000
Eels v Dragons 134,000
Dragons v Roosters 134,000
Broncos v Warriors 125,000
Sharks v Bulldogs 124,000
Roosters v Warriors 112,000
Knights v Panthers 105,000

NRLW 9s Fox League

Final Dragons v Broncos 170,000
Warriors v Dragons89,000
Roosters v Broncos 64,000

https://www.mediaweek.com.au/tv-ratings-saturday-february-15/

adamkungl

Immortal

The thing about the boycott is

Approximately zero of the fruitcakes complaining were going to watch it in the first place.

And even allowing for the very few completely insane people who would not watch a sports game because they didnt make the brown folk sing the song
The positive publicity generated by the NRLs advertising and social media about the passion of these 2 cultures going to battle significantly outweighs the attempts by dopes like Kent and Ritchie to dog whistle racist bogans.

beave

Coach
i loved the cultural stand off between the 2 sides. I’m as white as they come and be f**ked if I care if the lads don’t wanna sing that shithouse anthem. 10 years ago I would have had a completely different opinion but people grow up and realise there’s more to life than worrying about that shit. Shame these other f**ktards that boycotted the game haven’t grown up either, but it’s their loss.

gUt

Coach
Might be overstating things and it's probably not the right thread but I think this match has the potential to boost the chances of black/white reconciliation in Australia. Really was proud of the Indigenous boys representing their culture(s) and I felt they were representing me as an Australian too.

adamkungl

Immortal
Might be overstating things and it's probably not the right thread but I think this match has the potential to boost the chances of black/white reconciliation in Australia. Really was proud of the Indigenous boys representing their culture(s) and I felt they were representing me as an Australian too.

NZers (most, anyway) are proud of the countries Maori heritage whether they have any in them or not.
Would be nice if Australia could say the same.

franklin2323

Immortal
NZers (most, anyway) are proud of the countries Maori heritage whether they have any in them or not.
Would be nice if Australia could say the same.

It is easier to do that when the Maori language and culture is one compared to the hundreds of tribes with their own ways we have

Billythekid

First Grade
Pretty awesome how much the ratings increased, Fox was nearly double last year.

i loved the cultural stand off between the 2 sides. I’m as white as they come and be f**ked if I care if the lads don’t wanna sing that shithouse anthem. 10 years ago I would have had a completely different opinion but people grow up and realise there’s more to life than worrying about that shit. Shame these other f**ktards that boycotted the game haven’t grown up either, but it’s their loss.

The anthem and the Australian flag are both utter garbage and I don’t feel they represent me as an individual or the country well. Shame we couldn’t just make indigenous flag our actual flag, it’s mile better.

Nrl nines ratings for the record
Friday
NRL 9s Fox League
Raiders v Titans 193,000
Wests Tigers v Rabbitohs 192,000
Dragons v Sharks 183,000
Cowboys v Broncos 179,000
Bulldogs v Eels 171,000
Warriors v Knights 154,000
Storm v Sea Eagles 148,000
Panthers v Roosters 143,000
Warriors v Roosters 114,000
Broncos v Dragons 100,00

https://www.mediaweek.com.au/tv-ratings-friday-february-14/

Saturday
NRL 9s Fox League

Final Cowboys v Dragons 201,000
Quarter Final 4 173,000
Quarter Final 3 173,000
Semi Final 1 172,000
Quarter Final 1 170,000
Broncos v Storm 167,000
Semi Final 2 167,000
Quarter Final 2 163,000
Sea Eagles v Cowboys 156,000
Titans v West Tigers 149,000
Rabbitohs v Raiders 134,000
Eels v Dragons 134,000
Dragons v Roosters 134,000
Broncos v Warriors 125,000
Sharks v Bulldogs 124,000
Roosters v Warriors 112,000
Knights v Panthers 105,000

NRLW 9s Fox League

Final Dragons v Broncos 170,000
Warriors v Dragons89,000
Roosters v Broncos 64,000

https://www.mediaweek.com.au/tv-ratings-saturday-february-15/

Seems like the women’s game rated quite well. I really hope we get our act together here, the growth potential is huge. I can’t help but feel like the AFLW might have already cemented itself somewhat as the women’s game out of the 2 though. We need to make up for lost time.

adamkungl

Immortal
Seems like the women’s game rated quite well. I really hope we get our act together here, the growth potential is huge. I can’t help but feel like the AFLW might have already cemented itself somewhat as the women’s game out of the 2 though. We need to make up for lost time.

AFLW might be pulling the bigger numbers for now but their media coverage and fan sentiment is all negativity and toxic debates.
The NRL is, for once, getting a relatively clean and positive run of things.
They are going almost painfully slow and steady but I think it will pay dividends in the long run.

Hopefully this year is a 2-round robin (6 games + final) NRLW which will increase the quality a heap, and next year they add in 2 teams. My choice would be Wests Tigers + one of Melbourne or Newcastle.

TheRam

Coach
AFLW might be pulling the bigger numbers for now but their media coverage and fan sentiment is all negativity and toxic debates.
The NRL is, for once, getting a relatively clean and positive run of things.
They are going almost painfully slow and steady but I think it will pay dividends in the long run.

Hopefully this year is a 2-round robin (6 games + final) NRLW which will increase the quality a heap, and next year they add in 2 teams. My choice would be Wests Tigers + one of Melbourne or Newcastle.

Ah, if you are going to bring in a western Sydney team, wouldn't it make more sense to bring in the biggest supported and strongest junior producing team?

PARRAMATTA!!

And I would bring in Melbourne.

adamkungl

Immortal
Ah, if you are going to bring in a western Sydney team, wouldn't it make more sense to bring in the biggest supported and strongest junior producing team?

PARRAMATTA!!

And I would bring in Melbourne.

Eels don't have a womens team to bring in.
Tigers put the most into their womens program of the Western Sydney teams.

TheRam

Coach
Eels don't have a womens team to bring in.
Tigers put the most into their womens program of the Western Sydney teams.

Parra have the players and the largest support base. If they were given a licence it ain't to hard to throw a Blue and Gold jersey on the best of them. Also whatever players play in the Tigers catchment area that are of quality, could come over too.

I'm not anti Tigers it's just that if you want success, lets not just give out licences to the lesser teams just yet. Only give the first 10 or so licences to the most powerful, strategically placed or best supported teams. In the west that's hands down Parra. So they should be the obvious choice.

Remember we are starting fresh with this comp so lets not stuff it up with to many licences we can't take back like in the NRL at the moment.

The first lot should be the strongest teams in their region or the one city teams. I think they already stuffed up when they gave it to the Roosters over Souths in the first place. Now when they give the Bunnies one we will have two teams representing essentially the same region. Eisensteins them blokes in the ARLC.

So I think they should be expanding with the following teams first, not in any particular order -

Melbourne, Parramatta, New Castle, North QLD, Canberra. Then if it is all going well and the talent has increased enough, bring in Souths, Gold Coast and Penrith. Then wait again and if the talent warrants it and if so bring in Perth and South Australia when appropriate. I probably wouldn't bring in any other Sydney teams.

This is the comp to do it right. I would bring in Darwin and Tasmania before I brought in more Sydney teams. But you are right, the ARLC are dumb f**ks so they will probably bring in the Tigers, Sharks and Dogs before the teams I stated and then wonder why we can't get rid of teams so as to expand the game properly.

adamkungl

Immortal
Parra have the players and the largest support base. If they were given a licence it ain't to hard to throw a Blue and Gold jersey on the best of them. Also whatever players play in the Tigers catchment area that are of quality, could come over too.

I'm not anti Tigers it's just that if you want success, lets not just give out licences to the lesser teams just yet. Only give the first 10 or so licences to the most powerful, strategically placed or best supported teams. In the west that's hands down Parra. So they should be the obvious choice.

Remember we are starting fresh with this comp so lets not stuff it up with to many licences we can't take back like in the NRL at the moment.

The first lot should be the strongest teams in their region or the one city teams. I think they already stuffed up when they gave it to the Roosters over Souths in the first place. Now when they give the Bunnies one we will have two teams representing essentially the same region. Eisensteins them blokes in the ARLC.

You're reasoning for bringing in Parra is the exact reasoning they brought in Roosters over Souths - strategic location and a powerful club and brand - which you say was a mistake. Can't have it both ways.

Last Week

Bench
You're reasoning for bringing in Parra is the exact reasoning they brought in Roosters over Souths - strategic location and a powerful club and brand - which you say was a mistake. Can't have it both ways.

Doesn't that work the same for you?

adamkungl

Immortal
Doesn't that work the same for you?

Yes, IF I was arguing the merits of bringing in Roosters over Souths. And if I'm being totally honest, it did seem a bit of an iffy decision to bring in Roosters.
I'm not one for continuing to make (arguable) mistakes based on precedent. Bringing in another club with an even less established womens program than Roosters had at the time is highly questionable.

TheRam

Coach

Yes but the Roosters don't have the most important ingredient of them all...FANS.

Whereas Souths have all the things you stated above plus a massive following. The only reason they came in over Souths is Politis. Nothing to do with the better meant of the game. Arguably Souths are the most powerful brand in the game. The Roosters are far from that. The only thing the Roosters have is history and money, but as the crowds show no one gives a crap about that. But this is a new comp so history takes a slight backseat to that and as for money, Souths have that now and were also very keen on the licence and pissed off when the ARLC gave it to the Roosters seeing that they actually advised the Roosters on how to get their house in order for a licence.

But like I said, to late now the ARLC have made that blunder already. Not surprising at all that they stuffed it up from the start, but hey nothing new here. But lets not compound it by giving out more licences to teams that are the lesser ones in Sydney. Lets start with the power clubs first, and by power I mean FANS first and geography and then as long as they are financially viable they should get the gig.

Oh I also forgot about Manly earlier. I would give them a licence too, but demand that they call them the North Sydney Sea Eagles or North Shore Sea Eagles and play with the same colours and everything else the same as Manly with the view that Manly should also down the road change their name to encompass all of the north shore. F**k this small peninsular garbage. Think big and start looking after the whole region. There are thousands of fans that need to be represented and are being ignored. The bears are never coming back so grow the freakin game Manly and start behaving like you care.

TheRam

Coach
Yes, IF I was arguing the merits of bringing in Roosters over Souths. And if I'm being totally honest, it did seem a bit of an iffy decision to bring in Roosters.
I'm not one for continuing to make (arguable) mistakes based on precedent. Bringing in another club with an even less established womens program than Roosters had at the time is highly questionable.

Parramatta's women nursery from what I understand is huge by female standards. But it isn't that relevant at the moment seeing there are so few teams. Just like with the Roosters that basically are beyond iffy, but down right non existent, the best women from all over will come and play for the few available teams.

Where it will matter is when we get to around 10+ teams and the player pool will be much more scarce. But teams like Parra will always have juniors unlike the Chooks who contribute nothing but politics, Politis and Co.

Billythekid

First Grade
Getting off topic now but I think the knights are a must for the NRLW. The game is huge here and would be a big boost to the competition.

Latest posts