What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fusitua now a centre

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
A shock positional switch

It appears tryscoring machine David Fusitua is set for a positional switch in 2020.

The 2018 NRL top tryscorer started in the centres and confirmed he’d be closer to the action this season during a halftime interview.

“Mooks (coach Stephen Kearney) wants me to play one in this year,” Fusitua said.

“At the moment it looks like I am going to be playing centre.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...g/news-story/001b5b38d780f288acab1372d54a6852

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
He always looked like he could develop into a centre or a fullback...

Great if there are good signs, if that's the call, need to persevered - I'm convinced this season will be terrible, so a plus could be that he is developed as a centre

Meth

Staff member
Well, at least we're trying some things, I guess. Rather that than banging our heads against the brick wall of Kearney ball. He looked good at times at centre and then not so good at other times. Seems like odd timing with Hiku and Herbert and Milne and others, with no obvious replacement on the wing- but let's see. He can always drop back onto the wing if needs be. He looked disinterested at times last year, so if this gets a bit of spark out of him, great.

JJ

Immortal
Well, at least we're trying some things, I guess. Rather that than banging our heads against the brick wall of Kearney ball. He looked good at times at centre and then not so good at other times. Seems like odd timing with Hiku and Herbert and Milne and others, with no obvious replacement on the wing- but let's see. He can always drop back onto the wing if needs be. He looked disinterested at times last year, so if this gets a bit of spark out of him, great.
yeah, that's the funny thing - Hiku was good last year, and Herbert especially looked the goods - yet for years the Kata drivel was persevered with

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I just wanna know who gets that wing spot.

Hopefully its somebody with rapid speed. Maybe the young Fijian?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I just wanna know who gets that wing spot.

Hopefully its somebody with rapid speed. Maybe the young Fijian?

It will be out of Herbert or Pompey I would imagine.

Won't be Dune. Defence is shit and doesn't go looking for work. On a development contract so can't play anyway.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Wrong year to make the change.

Tall wingers are they play of 2020.

No reason Fus cannot be a centre, you should get better as you get older and be able to play anywhere in three quarters.

But I want tall wingers with the new rule.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
It will be out of Herbert or Pompey I would imagine.

Won't be Dune. Defence is shit and doesn't go looking for work. On a development contract so can't play anyway.
Dune? I was referring to Ravutaumada, couldn't be arsed typing his name so just keep referring to him as the Fijian kid.

Meth

Staff member
You'd have to think that the move has as much to do with who they want on the wing as it is where they want Fusitu'a

JJ

Immortal
You'd have to think that the move has as much to do with who they want on the wing as it is where they want Fusitu'a
You’d have to think that Kearney is clueless... any thinking beyond that’s just wasting energy

WellsNZ

Juniors
I didn't like it last time because it seems a waste not having such a great finisher on the ring, but I like the idea of getting some real speed in the back three if we were to give a chance to Ravutaumada out there.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Dune? I was referring to Ravutaumada, couldn't be arsed typing his name so just keep referring to him as the Fijian kid.
I call him Dune.

Basically a bunch of fans on the main Warriors site went into hype mode as if the kid was the second coming when they released pre-season photos of him doing well running up sand dunes last year.

Dune is also easier to spell when you can't be arsed typing his name.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

Unless we plan on upgrading someone our options are Pompey/Herbert/Perham for this year.

Maybe we're eyeing someone off for next year or realise our kicking game is so shit our centre is more likely to catch it than our wingers.

BLN2

Juniors
They call the the Fijian winger Stino I'm pretty sure.. But yeah his defence looked shabby on the weekend. Pompey is a centre, so is Herbert. Not sure why Fus is moving into centre really, unless we have a winger who is ready to go. Fus ideally would defend on the wing, and attack out wide IMO..

Where do they see Perham playing? Ideally he'd slot in, has a lot of skill, could add another dimension to the back line rather than props out wide.

Big Marn

Juniors
I'm not averse to Fusitua moving into centre if Kearney is going to persist with the wingers as props strategy from last year. Maumalo is suited to it but id rather Fusitua was utilised at the other end of the field. He offers more strike in a proper backline move. I dont think he beat one tackler last year running the ball back from our goal line.

Latest posts