What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Josh Reynolds DV accusation (charges dropped 26/2/20)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
any couple in the world and especially ones where one of them lied about pregnancy’s would have arguments similar to that. She only released the part where he reacted to whatever she had done on that night.

you are wrong Timmy. Any self respecting partner would react to the shit this woman did to them.

I feel sorry for him it got this far and glad the truth prevailed
I wasn't speaking to the circumstances, nor was I indicating guilt or innocence for either him or her.

Plainly speaking, in isolation, the behaviour in that video isn't normal. That fact doesn't change.

Doesn't mean he didn't have reason to react like that, doesn't mean he wasn't provoked - just the behaviour isn't normal.

And I feel sorry for him too, this would've been hell for him knowing he hadn't done what was alleged - and I'm glad to hear the charges have been dropped.

TheFrog

Coach
No shit sandwich here.

I note you didn't tag @Bazal or @nick87 or @adamkungl, all of whom, like me, identified that the behaviour he exhibited in the video wasn't and shouldn't be considered normal.

Unless you have some misguided notion that I was assuming he was guilty of DV charges which quite plainly is false lol
I only tagged the guy who said I didn't know what I was talking about when I said the cops would have little choice but to drop the charges, and those who liked it.

Joeboy

Juniors
I wasn't speaking to the circumstances, nor was I indicating guilt or innocence for either him or her.

Plainly speaking, in isolation, the behaviour in that video isn't normal. That fact doesn't change.

Doesn't mean he didn't have reason to react like that, doesn't mean he wasn't provoked - just the behaviour isn't normal.

And I feel sorry for him too, this would've been hell for him knowing he hadn't done what was alleged - and I'm glad to hear the charges have been dropped.

judging someone without considering the circumstances. That’s a special brand of audacity you got going on there.

Timmah

Staff member
I only tagged the guy who said I didn't know what I was talking about when I said the cops would have little choice but to drop the charges, and those who liked it.
WOW. That's a quality attempt at rewriting history.

You actually said:

Since the person named in the charges as the victim does not in fact exist, police will have little alternative but to drop the charges.
You were claiming a specific reason for the charges being dropped which has no factual basis. That is why @Last Week quoted it, and it's probably why @SBD82 and I liked it.

At no point does that imply any of the three of us thought the charges would or wouldn't be dropped, merely that your logic for it was completely flawed and non-factual.

Timmah

Staff member
judging someone without considering the circumstances. That’s a special brand of audacity you got going on there.
Your ability to comprehend seems to be the issue here. It wasn't judgment of him. It was a repudiation to people who claimed the behaviour displayed was normal in a relationship. That's the point that several of us made, including those who I tagged in a previous post - and I'd be surprised if most of them wouldn't stand by the same point.

myrrh ken

First Grade
I've said it once and I'll say it again - no one ever said it was normal. I may have said it was normal for some people. And I stand by it.

As an aside, one of the versions of events from one of her "friends" if true probably explains why he was acting so unnaturally skittish.

YoHadrian

Juniors
Still not a good situation for a footballer with an upcoming season to have this sort of thing playing on his mind,

Joeboy

Juniors
Not being normal doesn’t mean it isn’t to be expected or understood when the circumstances are taken into consideration

if someone let themselves into my house after they had lied about pregnancies and miscarriages and accepted money for these bogus events, then proceeded to bait me and film the reaction. I’d react not normally too.

Timmah

Staff member
Not being normal doesn’t mean it isn’t to be expected or understood when the circumstances are taken into consideration

if someone let themselves into my house after they had lied about pregnancies and miscarriages and accepted money for these bogus events, then proceeded to bait me and film the reaction. I’d react not normally too.
Never said it wasn't, in fact I repeatedly outlined throughout the 600+ post discussion that's gone on in here that it doesn't speak to the circumstances of what happened, nor his or her guilt or innocence.

myrrh ken

First Grade
You were claiming a specific reason for the charges being dropped which has no factual basis.

We might not ever know the reasons why they dropped the charges.

But I am pretty sure that an affidavit has to be signed in someone's legal name. If that's an issue in this case, identity could definitely be a reason. Obviously there are several more important reasons here.

Tiger5150

Bench
The Tigers will also have to enjoy the shit sandwich that is not being able to cancel such a terrible contract. Merry Xmas, love from Ivan.

That shit sandwich is now replaced by the very appetising prospects that have now opened up offshore.