What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Bandwagon

Staff member
I wont pass judgement, cos i got no f**kin idea what they are on about

Basically if some one throws a ball at your head, at a quantum physics level there's no certain way of predicting some sub atomic particle of the ball will hit you, but on a macro level ( the whole f**king ball ) you don't give a f**k about quantum physics, because even the naked eye can pretty well judge the physics of mass , velocity and direction, so you'll duck.

Unless you're a f**king dumb arse senator who half remembers his year 12 physics and uses that as a basis for insisting there is no way to determine the inevitability of a falcon.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
its a case of a small amount of knowledge can be more dangerous than no knowledge at all

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Basically if some one throws a ball at your head, at a quantum physics level there's no certain way of predicting some sub atomic particle of the ball will hit you, but on a macro level ( the whole f**king ball ) you don't give a f**k about quantum physics, because even the naked eye can pretty well judge the physics of mass , velocity and direction, so you'll duck.

Unless you're a f**king dumb arse senator who half remembers his year 12 physics and uses that as a basis for insisting there is no way to determine the inevitability of a falcon.
BriefMetallicBadger-size_restricted.gif

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The only good thing about the Crushers was their leagues club. Used to watch all of Parra's games there before I got fox. Think Chardon's but with less teeth.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Basically an entire ball is predictable. A single particle is too small a sample.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Well it's a pretty laughable proposition that the Chinese would create a virus in order to create a world recession and attack the US , and implement this cunning plan by dropping it on their own people.

Firstly if they wanted to attack the US,via a virus, surely they'd send seemingly healthy carriers of the disease there amongst the millions of Chinese that wold travel to the US annually. Not unleash it upon their own people and kinda hope it'd eventually spread to the US

And secondly if they want to kickstart a global recession, given the amount of real control the Chinese government has over their economy and production, they could literally just order it to happen.

Not to mention the China US trade war could be pretty easily escalated by either side whilst blaming the other.

Meanwhile through their belt and road project they are stimulating economic growth all over the world, and they're doing it with the assistance of the US consumer. That project has some real concerns for the west around Chinese intentions, and is certainly worthy of ongoing scrutiny.

This virus conspiracy line is truly tin foil hat stuff, although it could be a distraction initiated by the lizard men to further their intentions of world domination, their plans are far more Machiavellian than we could possibly imagine.

strider

Post Whore
I actually think its naive to totally discount that this is man made and maybe even intentionally released into the public for some purpose.

I believe it is man made ... No real feeling if released by accident or intentionally. But i wouldnt totally dismiss it may be intentional. And then there could be a whole heap of reasons why intentional, most of which probably arent a global conspiracy.

Ive read a conspiracy that its the yanks that created it and then got unleashed in china, but that theory got a bit hazy about whether it was intentional or just some dumb chinese worker at the wuhan disease factory

Gronk

Staff member
I actually think its naive to totally discount that this is man made and maybe even intentionally released into the public for some purpose.

I believe it is man made ... No real feeling if released by accident or intentionally. But i wouldnt totally dismiss it may be intentional. And then there could be a whole heap of reasons why intentional, most of which probably arent a global conspiracy.

Ive read a conspiracy that its the yanks that created it and then got unleashed in china, but that theory got a bit hazy about whether it was intentional or just some dumb chinese worker at the wuhan disease factory

Or it could have originated from a wet market from the sale of “warm meat” kept in an unrefrigerated environment, like most health authorities are saying. Not tin foil hatty enough ?

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...drives-risk-of-disease-in-hong-kong-and-china

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/05/opinion/coronavirus-china-pangolins.html

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/corona...-markets-urging-chinese-government-shut-down/

I mean it’s not hard to source the origins of corona virus, avian flu, swine flu, SARS. They all have originated from the close association of humans and animals in poor hygiene environments.

Bazal

Post Whore

There's an idea around that there's a bio research facility not far from the Wuhan market where it originated. No idea how true it is.

I think there's a reasonable, if slim, suspicion these days that any outbreak is man made. We've been f**king with this stuff for far too long, it's bound to happen. And if anyone was gonna release it on their own people it'd be China.

I think there's enough evidence that it's natural mind you. But eventually there'll be an outbreak that we create.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
There's an idea around that there's a bio research facility not far from the Wuhan market where it originated. No idea how true it is.

I think there's a reasonable, if slim, suspicion these days that any outbreak is man made. We've been f**king with this stuff for far too long, it's bound to happen. And if anyone was gonna release it on their own people it'd be China.

I think there's enough evidence that it's natural mind you. But eventually there'll be an outbreak that we create.

According to what I read when it first became news it was man made but meant to be contained in the laboratory where is was developed. It was allegedly created to research how to develop vaccines.

The problem was that its such a poor province that one of the infected animals was taken home or smuggled out and eaten by one of the employees and that's how it affected the first human and it spread from there.

No doubt there are other stories out there as well.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well it's a pretty laughable proposition that the Chinese would create a virus in order to create a world recession and attack the US , and implement this cunning plan by dropping it on their own people.
They are plenty of Chinese nationals unneeded by the CCP. The huge impoverished population is a liability, and the party of Mao has form when it comes to discarding human beings within its own borders. As for all the other stuff, they may just be 'happy' coincidences.

Obviously this is all less likely than it all being accidental, but it's not a stretch to think the Chinese state would attack Chinese citizens. They might even have a vaccine.