What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 - Rabbitohs vs Sharks: Saturday 14th March 5:30pm @ANZ Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Well here we are. Here we finally are. After a long, hard Pre-Season, it's finally time. Round 1 is upon us, the dawn of a new Season is now upon us. Every club has high hopes, dreams and it is a level playing field at this time of the year. Who will come out the other side and lift that trophy on the first weekend of October? No one knows. One thing we o know is that it's gonna be one hell of a ride!

God, I've been looking forward to this week and to finally have it here is just so exciting! We have a tough start to the year that will really show us what kind of side we have and Cronulla are included in that. They may have a few injury worries but they are still a quality side that is capable of beating anyone on their day. The Sharks always seem to play well and thrive when they're faced with adversity too so we're going to have to be careful. Obviously, no one is going to be at their best in Round 1 but we need to produce something pretty damn good to beat the Sharks.

For us, there should be no injury worries leading into the game apart from Mago. Hopefully Lowe and Nicholls are fit. Opening our Season at ANZ with a home game is a great way to start the year and I can't wait!!!

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member
Here's my predicted Line Up for Round 1,

1. Mitchell
2. Gagai
3. Roberts
4. Burns
5. Graham
6. Walker
7. Reynolds (C)
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Burgess
11. Lowe
12. Murray
13. Knight

14. Johnston
15. Su'a
16. Koloamatangi
17. Nicholls

truthslayer

Juniors
Here's my predicted Line Up for Round 1,

1. Mitchell
2. Gagai
3. Roberts
4. Burns
5. Graham
6. Walker
7. Reynolds (C)
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Burgess
11. Lowe
12. Murray
13. Knight

14. Johnston
15. Su'a
16. Koloamatangi
17. Nicholls
Great to see Johnston in, Ive been impressed with him so far , and burns and gagai needs to keep performing Johnston is determined to earn a starting spot. whilst burns is at Center he needs to step up this year. Great to see Koola in also .

Travitoh

First Grade
Great to see Johnston in, Ive been impressed with him so far , and burns and gagai needs to keep performing Johnston is determined to earn a starting spot. whilst burns is at Center he needs to step up this year. Great to see Koola in also .

Burns stepped up last season. It was his hamstring that kept him out.

southsport

First Grade
Agree, AJ has been very impressive in 2 games I've seen him play.

southsport

First Grade
Team is.

1. Mitchell
2. Gagai
3. Roberts
4. Burns
5. Graham
6. Walker
7. Reynolds (c)
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Burgess
11. Su’A
12. Murray
13. Knight
14. Nicholls
15. Lowe
16. Sele
17. Johnston
18. Goodwin
19. Sironen
20. Dargan
21. Koloamatangi

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
Round 1 Line Up vs Sharks: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/03/10/round-one-line-up-vs-sharks/

How good is it to have team list Tuesday back?!! Pretty happy with our first official Line Up for the year! The starting 13 is basically as expected but I'm kind of glad to see Su'a get a start as I think he deserves it more than Lowe at the moment. Our bench is pretty solid with a surprise selection in Hame Sele. No denying that he deserves it as he was incredible throughout the trials but I think most of us, myself included, expected Koloamatangi to be named. Regardless, congrats to Hame! Things could change before Saturday too, we don't know. I don't really want to carry a back on the bench for the whole year but at this early stage, it's good to have one there as it sounds like we will spell Latrell for a while while he gains fitness.

Travitoh

First Grade
I think he has great potential more than he showed last year and he must remain injury free. They deserve to be there but AJ is hungry.

What about the others then? Burns was Souths best outside back last season before he got injured imo.

Travitoh

First Grade
Koala will play.
It's classic Wayne Bennett, naming him outside the 17 for his debut in an attempt to keep him out of the limelight in the lead up to the game.

callmack1

Staff member
Koala will play.
It's classic Wayne Bennett, naming him outside the 17 for his debut in an attempt to keep him out of the limelight in the lead up to the game.
I don't think he will because he's been named in the Canterbury Cup team this week.

Latest posts