What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Gear

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
If i were in an area that was relevant to Souths, I'd already be a member.
Unfortunately Adelaide has never recieved any love from the club, with a preference to take games 1 hour out of Sydney and Brisbane instead of a non-NRL market capable of attracting 15k-20k that already has a strong South Sydney following.
do.

That’s a bit harsh. We also spent many years going to WA

Travitoh

First Grade
That’s a bit harsh. We also spent many years going to WA

Which i believe was very beneficial to the club, growing it's already recognisable brand in an unrepresented market.
So why not do the same thing in Adelaide? We're not getting a team anytime soon and Souths really could've become the dominant NRL brand here.
Instead Easts and Melbourne have taken up that opportunity and are benefitting greatly from it.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Which i believe was very beneficial to the club, growing it's already recognisable brand in an unrepresented market.
So why not do the same thing in Adelaide? We're not getting a team anytime soon and Souths really could've become the dominant NRL brand here.
Instead Easts and Melbourne have taken up that opportunity and are benefitting greatly from it.

The problem is, quite seriously, that we are the best brand in the NRL and are in demand everywhere

I agree, Adelaide is an attractive option but we already lose 3 of our home games to other areas, we can’t lose another

Travitoh

First Grade
The problem is, quite seriously, that we are the best brand in the NRL and are in demand everywhere

I agree, Adelaide is an attractive option but we already lose 3 of our home games to other areas, we can’t lose another

I wouldn't say best but Souths are definitely a strong brand.

I'm not proposing that Souths move another home game, I'm putting forward a wish that they'd be more strategic about where they take the games they already do.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
I'm devastated the nrl has seen fit to suspend Cody Walker and fine the club $20K. It was a non issue in the eyes of Police, named A Family Matter. Yet Brisbane's David Fifita can get drunk as a skunk, snort coke and bash a bouncer outside of a bar in Bali. But in the NRLs eyes, that is not bringing the game into disrepute. Cody Walkers is.????? Does this simply say, It's a Souths thing?

callmack1

Staff member
From Zero Tackle, I'm quite gutted by this. looks like we'll be after a new jersey manufacturer for 2021,

NRL clubs could lose $8 million over ISC jersey split

ISC has confirmed that the company will sever ties with the NRL at seasons end, reports The Daily Telegraph.

With the continued worry of COVID-19, the official apparel and merchandise parter of eight clubs have decided to walk away from the game leaving a huge gap with those clubs.

ISC currently have apparel and merchandise with Sydney, Canberra, Parramatta, South Sydney, Wests Tigers, Brisbane, North Queensland and Melbourne.

ISC’s chief executive Jason Schulman listed the struggles that COVID-19 has produced from a business standpoint as a big reason as to why the company will walk away.

“The licensing apparel model for professional sporting teams in general has been under pressure for some time due to a number of factors,” Schulman said.

“With the COVID-19 global pandemic and resulting effect on both the sporting and retail landscapes having a devastating and unprecedented impact on all sporting bodies, entities and related businesses, the ISC Licensing business has been no different.”

The clubs associated with ISC have been in discussion in recent weeks about the next moves. Each club has different deals with the company. Some are lucky enough that their deals expire this year so it won’t have as much of a financial impact, while others will have to work through it after being contracted long-term.

Schulman also made it known that the company will move away from AFL club’s also and will strictly just continue to support grassroots sport with their team wear.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
From Zero Tackle, I'm quite gutted by this. looks like we'll be after a new jersey manufacturer for 2021,

NRL clubs could lose $8 million over ISC jersey split

ISC has confirmed that the company will sever ties with the NRL at seasons end, reports The Daily Telegraph.

With the continued worry of COVID-19, the official apparel and merchandise parter of eight clubs have decided to walk away from the game leaving a huge gap with those clubs.

ISC currently have apparel and merchandise with Sydney, Canberra, Parramatta, South Sydney, Wests Tigers, Brisbane, North Queensland and Melbourne.

ISC’s chief executive Jason Schulman listed the struggles that COVID-19 has produced from a business standpoint as a big reason as to why the company will walk away.

“The licensing apparel model for professional sporting teams in general has been under pressure for some time due to a number of factors,” Schulman said.

“With the COVID-19 global pandemic and resulting effect on both the sporting and retail landscapes having a devastating and unprecedented impact on all sporting bodies, entities and related businesses, the ISC Licensing business has been no different.”

The clubs associated with ISC have been in discussion in recent weeks about the next moves. Each club has different deals with the company. Some are lucky enough that their deals expire this year so it won’t have as much of a financial impact, while others will have to work through it after being contracted long-term.

Schulman also made it known that the company will move away from AFL club’s also and will strictly just continue to support grassroots sport with their team wear.
It can be replaced. Souths have sponsors lined up for ten years waiting.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
I just hate the two different sleeves. I know what they represent but it just doesn’t look aesthetically pleasing.
The rest of the design is pretty good and looks better having more red and green than some of the previous black jerseys.
It is different. But I think that's what they were after. The indigenous colours on right sleeve and Rabbitohs on collar.

Travitoh

First Grade
I wonder if Souths/kit designer would ever be brave enough to integrate an indigenous design on the playing jersey permanently? Possibly in place of what are otherwise bland black/white panels.

Pommy

Coach
I wonder if Souths/kit designer would ever be brave enough to integrate an indigenous design on the playing jersey permanently? Possibly in place of what are otherwise bland black/white panels.

the black and white panels serve a purpose in ensuring Souths play in red and green every week. If you remove them you probably need to have a different away kit.

Mr Spock!

Referee
yep. should use it as either an away or home strip.

Currently just reeks of tokenism.

Latest posts