What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 V West Tigers

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I generally relate to this, however, the last 5 or so seasons I remember yearning for each and every nightmare to end from about June onwards. Dragons footy's been abysmal post Bennett. Just isn't right.
It was even abysmal with him I reckon. We won which softens the blow but it would be a stretch to say it was an exciting brand. Mary has tried to continue with the same style just minus the winning. That 99 side was a lot more exciting.

kit66

Bench
My 10 fearless predictions:
5. Lawrie to have 1 run in 5 at 90° angle to the play.
6. Someone will yell from the crowd "onya Flanno!"

5. Lawrie actually made good metres in the trials, the game against Newc he was well ahead of all our other forwards. Might have a good year I think.
6. If we do have a good start to the year I'd love to see the ground awash with "Flanno the Saviour" " Flanagan Make Saints Great Again" banners ( or the like ), that would be awesome.

Last edited:

41yearsaint

Juniors
Brooks and Benji will give Zac nightmares.
$50 on Luc anytime tryscorer.
Tiges pack will hold ours and their backs will be the difference.
Tiges by 4.

Hope I'm wrong on all the above, apart from Luc.

redVinme

Juniors
5. Lawrie actually made good metres in the trials, the game against Newc he was well ahead of all our other forwads. Might have a good year I think.
6. If we do have a good start to the year I'd love to see the ground awash with "Flanno the Saviour" " Flanagan Make Saints Great Again" banners ( or the like ), that would be awesome.

Thought Lawrie hit really hard in defence too

grouch

First Grade
- Hunt will kick a grubber into someone's legs
- Pereira will try hard
- Norman will kick a grubber past the dead ball line
- Laf to rival Jammer for slowest hit-up in the universe
- Lawrie to run straight at someone and immediately fall down
- Merrin to continue his signature late footwork at the line with no leg-drive
- Norman to use the Captain's Challenge time to rack a line of coke off Isaac Luke's ass
- Vaughan to play well.
Elijah Taylor to score a try that makes Benji laugh his head off again

Old Timer

Coach
If our forwards are all that people say they are they should steamroll tis lot.
If we can't win this by 13+ then time to hibernate as it will be an even worse year than I can imagine.

Dannyboy80

Juniors
1. It will be great to have footy back again.
2. Frizell will score a try through Leilua
3. Wiliame will make Pereira look like BMoz
4. Lafai and Rava will struggle in defence.
On a side note it turns out Lafai has had 3 excellent SuperCoach seasons in his life where he averaged over 60, each one has been before a contract. Don't fall for it Millward.
Lafai is the ultimate “play for a contract” player

BLM01

First Grade
If we can't win this by 13+ then time to hibernate as it will be an even worse year than I can imagine.
They have a far superior backline reliable bunch. let’s just take a win aye and be happy with that

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
As
One coached a team of stars while the other coach had a star team.
In the end, the was coach probably the difference.
As they say a champion team always beats a team of champions. Thing with Bennett was he just devised a gameplan that suited the team we had. A team with Cooper and Scott as centres for example. Gasnier coming back was just the icing on the cake. His early Brisbane days were far from boring. Somehow Mary thinks that is the only way we can win a gf, rather than coming up with a unique game plan to suit the players we have currently. Bennett would have crushed it with Browny’s side probably won 3 in a row.

SBD82

Coach
As

As they say a champion team always beats a team of champions. Thing with Bennett was he just devised a gameplan that suited the team we had. A team with Cooper and Scott as centres for example. Gasnier coming back was just the icing on the cake. His early Brisbane days were far from boring. Somehow Mary thinks that is the only way we can win a gf, rather than coming up with a unique game plan to suit the players we have currently. Bennett would have crushed it with Browny’s side probably won 3 in a row.
Agree with this. The talent in that team in 04-05-06 was fantastic. With Bennett coaching that team could have been an all time great team.

Crush

Coach
Their backline is far superior to ours, in every position! If they get ball they'll run riot.
Luckily its forecast to piss down rain.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
How dare you crush my optimism but I suppose better it be you than someone else.
giphy.gif

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
5. Lawrie actually made good metres in the trials, the game against Newc he was well ahead of all our other forwads. Might have a good year I think.

Security!- Love it- those signs could spark the biggest red and white internal revolution since the October 1917 Bolsheviks