What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

franklin2323

Immortal
You will if you train for it. Not saying they have but it's not hard for these guys to draw up a play and practice it.

Last year we looked best when forwards passed to each other. That sort of thing with a few set plays is all that is needed. Better than one out stuff. Pass to Kikau then grubber and repeat.

I expect us to be better but still have slow backs etc

Kilkenny

Coach
I think we’ll find out fairly quickly this season whether we are a realistic chance of making the top 8.

I have no doubt our forwards can compete and do a good job for us but the well documented issues in our 1 - 5 is probably ultimately decide where we finish.

I’m not sure how Trent Barrett manages our attacking structures given our lack of pace and quality out wide.

OldPanther

Coach
Last year we looked best when forwards passed to each other. That sort of thing with a few set plays is all that is needed. Better than one out stuff. Pass to Kikau then grubber and repeat.

I expect us to be better but still have slow backs etc

Yeah that's what I'm interested to find out. What have they done with the attack, how adventurous are they being. It's all risk Vs reward and would be cool to see them go more risk and creativity to get the reward

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah that's what I'm interested to find out. What have they done with the attack, how adventurous are they being. It's all risk Vs reward and would be cool to see them go more risk and creativity to get the reward

The team is solid without having speed etc. So I think we will do the basics but have a few set plays and prob kicks more

mxlegend99

Referee
TBaz the only coach shit enough to ruin our 20s. How he has a job is incredible
Agreed. I dont get how he has ever gotten rated.

We win premierships either side of him missing the top 8. Ciraldo and brennan deliver premierships. Baz misses the 8. He gets an NRL gig ahead of everyone.

I don't understand why we think he will fix our structure. The Sea Eagles only looked good when DCE and Turbo turned it on. Some players can make any structure look good. Last guy we had to do that was Moylan. To an extent Kikau makes anything work aswell.

franklin2323

Immortal

We win premierships either side of him missing the top 8. Ciraldo and brennan deliver premierships. Baz misses the 8. He gets an NRL gig ahead of everyone.

I don't understand why we think he will fix our structure. The Sea Eagles only looked good when DCE and Turbo turned it on. Some players can make any structure look good. Last guy we had to do that was Moylan. To an extent Kikau makes anything work aswell.

Look at the squad he though. The best ones were in FG

OldPanther

Coach

Hope more than think I reckon.

mxlegend99

Referee
Look at the squad he though. The best ones were in FG
We only have the biggest nursery in the competition and he couldn't make the finals. We won premierships either side of him coaching.

At the very least he should have taken them to the top 8 with the resources we had.

Flashstep

Juniors
Considering all the hype Brennan had around him and how bad he was at the Gold Coast I think it’s fair to say theres a lot more to coaching then just winning at the lower levels of competition.

As for Barrett well he was poor at Manly but since Ivan seems to be the worst attacking coach in the comp according to many I think it’s fair to say anyone else helping our attack is a positive no matter what, how much of a positive it will be remains to be seen but I think he’ll definitely improve us.

franklin2323

Immortal
We only have the biggest nursery in the competition and he couldn't make the finals. We won premierships either side of him coaching.

At the very least he should have taken them to the top 8 with the resources we had.

Which is generally how it goes though

How would of Flegg gone last year if Burton, Crichton etc stayed down? Or even this year. Instead of having guys turning 20 you have 18 year olds

franklin2323

Immortal
Considering all the hype Brennan had around him and how bad he was at the Gold Coast I think it’s fair to say theres a lot more to coaching then just winning at the lower levels of competition.

As for Barrett well he was poor at Manly but since Ivan seems to be the worst attacking coach in the comp according to many I think it’s fair to say anyone else helping our attack is a positive no matter what, how much of a positive it will be remains to be seen but I think he’ll definitely improve us.

Manly’s attack was better than any Ivan year. So will be better how better is the question

betcats

Referee

Big difference between a head coach and an assistant also.

Barrets twenties squad was dealing with a lot of the best teenagers playing up in nsw cup or fg. Yeo, Dallin, rcg, Cartwright, waqa, Mosley, moss, g Jennings all moved up. In 2013 we had James Roberts playing nyc some weeks. They missed the 8 on for and against. I mean it’s not good and I agree we should be making the top 8 at a minimum but if he had the clubs best nyc players eligible they would of likely gone back to back no matter who was coaching.

OldPanther

Coach

Kilkenny

Coach
Once the inevitable lock outs come into effect presumeably from Round 2 is that going to help or hinder our chances of success this season. I know it effects all clubs but may impact some more than others. I'm only talking from a results on the field perspective.

box57l

Juniors
Once the inevitable lock outs come into effect presumeably from Round 2 is that going to help or hinder our chances of success this season. I know it effects all clubs but may impact some more than others. I'm only talking from a results on the field perspective.
Once a few players are diagnosed they won't be playing behind locked doors the season will be suspended.

betcats

Referee
Once a few players are diagnosed they won't be playing behind locked doors the season will be suspended.

And the way these boys like to spend their spare time this will dramatically increase the risk of infection for young women aged 16-30

Latest posts