What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Other Matches

callmack1

Staff member
The 2020 Season is about to officially get underway! I'm ready!! A long road ahead, who will it be at the other end?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
A bit poo last night. Parra don't look like a top 8 side to me this year.

The bulldogs are going to be an annoying team to beat. They’re back to their old ways of niggling their opponents and grinding out the game. I think I predicted Parra to miss the 8 in my ladder predictor thread. They’re a very overhyped side. In saying that though I thought it was good that they found a way to win last night I think that’s what good teams do. Find a way to win even if they play bad. We were definitely doing that in 2014.

Travitoh

First Grade
The bulldogs are going to be an annoying team to beat. They’re back to their old ways of niggling their opponents and grinding out the game. I think I predicted Parra to miss the 8 in my ladder predictor thread. They’re a very overhyped side. In saying that though I thought it was good that they found a way to win last night I think that’s what good teams do. Find a way to win even if they play bad. We were definitely doing that in 2014.

I had them as my last finals contender and that was based on what attitude they play with.

I thought Parra's body language was poor. They looked like a side that has bought into their own hype and are prancing around with inflated egos as a result.

The Dogs were tough but Parra didn't ask any questions of them. I actually thought Canterbury looked more likely to score.

Parra have talent but i don't think they've got the leadership. I'll be having a bet on GC to beat them next week i reckon.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I also thought the titans looked pretty good in the second half last night but started out really poorly. I think they’re going to be a comeback team this year as teams underestimate them too much.

I don’t know what it is about Anthony Seibold teams but they can’t defend for shit. Brisbane were all over North Queensland in attack but leaked so many points.

Travitoh

First Grade
I also thought the titans looked pretty good in the second half last night but started out really poorly. I think they’re going to be a comeback team this year as teams underestimate them too much.

I don’t know what it is about Anthony Seibold teams but they can’t defend for shit. Brisbane were all over North Queensland in attack but leaked so many points.

Once they gain a bit of confidence, GC will be a dangerous side. The talent is definitely there.

Brisbane are a sleeper but you've hit the nail on the head.

NQ aren't a side that i fear as an opposition supporter.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Once they gain a bit of confidence, GC will be a dangerous side. The talent is definitely there.

Brisbane are a sleeper but you've hit the nail on the head.

NQ aren't a side that i fear as an opposition supporter.

I really like Kallum Watkins. I think he’ll do a really good job for them. Sam Lisone looked like a different player playing for the titans as well.

It’s like Brisbane are trying to make things difficult for themselves. They’re the Canberra Raiders of the past. They’ll be entertaining to watch at least with their dynamic forward pack.

I agree about North Queensland. They were good for a couple of years but everyone’s figured out their game plan now. Scott Drinkwater looks really energetic in number 6 though. I wouldn’t be moving him from there he was playing better than Morgan.

This will be a good year of footy if the coronavirus doesn’t cause mayhem.

callmack1

Staff member
How fricking good is it to have Footy back?!!!

Really enjoyed tonight's game. The one Ref and six-again rule have made a big diffeence. The game was so much faster and seemed to flow a lot better, it was great and I really enjoyed watching it. I tell you what, when this news was announced I was very unsure about it. However, after seeing that game, if that's the standard (and it'll only get better once players adjust), then this could actually be one of the best things that's happened to Rugby League!

Also, some weren't a fan but I loved the virtual crowd! It really added to the atmosphere and lifted the tempo. Sounded great through surround sound.

Thank god the Footy is back!