What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corona Virus and NRL Games

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Well I hope not, and I wish you the best.

But that aside, and with the greatest respect, I don't think you have addressed the points raised. IMO, you don't fully understand the nature of protective measures and its relationship with reducing the spread of a virus. These measures are not being undertaken by moronic people panicking or hoarding dunny paper, they are people who are going about their day and using commonsense. And I think it's dangerous and a little offensive to lump everyone in the same category just to support a reckless viewpoint.

Protective measures such as washing hands for at least 20 seconds after going to the loo? My workplace toilet serves as a constant reminder with clear signage to this effect. The same pragmatism is applied to sneezing and/or coughing, Should a tissue not be readily accessible, using hands to cover one’s mouth would be the most common sense approach. It’s not rocket science.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
everything will be aright ok, all good, calm down, stay calm all good ;)

250 confirmed infected people with COVID-19. From this, five have (sadly) passed away. All were 70+, all had pre-existing conditions.

97% of those affected will end up like Tom Hanks.

Last year, more people passed away from influenza. Where’s the panic?

It’s embarrassing that at least a brace of forum contributors have acquiesced to plain old scaremongering perpetrated by a frenzied media. Deeply shithouse leadership by our government doesn’t help.

jeffdragon

Bench
Looks like the only game we would win at the moment is the warriors.
And that will be called of as they might return to NZ.

SBD82

Coach
Protective measures such as washing hands for at least 20 seconds after going to the loo? My workplace toilet serves as a constant reminder with clear signage to this effect. The same pragmatism is applied to sneezing and/or coughing, Should a tissue not be readily accessible, using hands to cover one’s mouth would be the most common sense approach. It’s not rocket science.
Covering your mouth with your hands when sneezing or coughing is not actually a great idea. Try the crook of your elbow. The over 70’s in your life may owe their lives to your consideration.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
So I went to the Jetstar website and found that due to 'extenuating circumstances' I am entitled to a credit voucher equal to the amount of the airfare. That means I can cancel my flight to Sydney this Friday and can fly at a later date.

Happy with that and good work Jetstar on acting on it so quickly.

Meanwhile I am still waiting to for clarification from the club regarding the tickets paid for up front. However, we did get this email last Saturday...

Dear Members,

You may have heard by now that mass gatherings of more than 500 people have been cancelled from this coming Monday, which is the advice that has just been announced by the Federal government.

Based on current advice, it is likely that, beginning in Round Two, all NRL Premiership matches will be played behind closed doors.

We will now need time to assess this situation before providing further communication to Members, so we appreciate your patience while we work through this unprecedented situation.

Now, as much as ever, we value your constant support and understanding. Rugby League is known for its resilience and we know we will work through this together.

We would ask that you hold tight and await further information, as we won’t be able to provide any answers over the phone or email at this point.

We will be in touch again via email once we have further information to share with you.

Kind regards,

Red V Membership Team

avocado

Juniors
So I went to the Jetstar website and found that due to 'extenuating circumstances' I am entitled to a credit voucher equal to the amount of the airfare. That means I can cancel my flight to Sydney this Friday and can fly at a later date.

Meanwhile I am still waiting to for clarification from the club regarding the tickets paid for up front. However, we did get this email last Saturday...

Dear Members,

You may have heard by now that mass gatherings of more than 500 people have been cancelled from this coming Monday, which is the advice that has just been announced by the Federal government.

Based on current advice, it is likely that, beginning in Round Two, all NRL Premiership matches will be played behind closed doors.

We will now need time to assess this situation before providing further communication to Members, so we appreciate your patience while we work through this unprecedented situation.

Now, as much as ever, we value your constant support and understanding. Rugby League is known for its resilience and we know we will work through this together.

We would ask that you hold tight and await further information, as we won’t be able to provide any answers over the phone or email at this point.

We will be in touch again via email once we have further information to share with you.

Kind regards,

Red V Membership Team
Are you expecting a refund? Really?

I have Boy And Bear concert tix. The event was cancelled. In the scheme of things a refund is not even a consideration, although I’ll probably get one. I’ll actually refuse it if possible because the band and venue will be doing it tough for a while.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Covering your mouth with your hands when sneezing or coughing is not actually a great idea. Try the crook of your elbow. The over 70’s in your life may owe their lives to your consideration.

yep, and any family members, or mates who have a known or unknown underlying condition, even if they’re under 70 may also appreciate it.

Bloodbath

Juniors
So will every game be shown on free to air .i dumped my Foxtel .so I wouldn’t go to a pub or club to watch a game .

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Are you expecting a refund? Really?

I have Boy And Bear concert tix. The event was cancelled. In the scheme of things a refund is not even a consideration, although I’ll probably get one. I’ll actually refuse it if possible because the band and venue will be doing it tough for a while.
Good for you.

Boy and Bear are a commercially successful band. My tendency has been to support bands at smaller venues. These are the bands making the least money. The luggers, sound and lighting crews are often those learning their trade. They usually play and work in venues of 100 people or less. Personal experience tells me that this is the true backbone of the music industry. Of course, to understand this depends on your own life experience.

I find it odd that you are attempting to use your one-off Boy and Bear experience to find some moral equation with my situation. of which you know nothing about.

I've been going to Kogarah for over 50 years. Since the R2K led Return To Kogarah in 2003, we have been buying an increasing number of season tickets. This year I might find myself substantially out of pocket, so I'm asking the question.

How many tickets have you bought for a game at Kogarah? Did you buy one for this weekend?

Father Ted

First Grade

Dear Members,

Kind regards,

Red V Membership Team

It's all they can say to be fair at this point

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
26023798-8116291-image-a-13_1584355552148.jpg

Latest posts