What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 V West Tigers

redv13

Bench
There is no way Rava meant to do that, terrible kick ( brain snap initially) then the luckiest bounce and roll away from where he kicked that. He could do that another 100 times and score a handful of times if he’s lucky.

firecracker

Juniors
The forwards worked their guts out apart from Graham who is past it. Hunt was busy and Norman was playing tip football. Pereira was solid but too small. Ravalawa got injured. Lafai
was innocuous. Williame was solid. Lomax was rocks and diamonds but had little support at fullback. Kerr got little time. Merrin made little impact. Frizell, Sims and Vaughan were great. Lawrie was fair. The 2 hookers were solid. Fuimaono was good. At the moment the only way we can win is through the forwards who are ageing. Ramsey needs to be promoted when available on the wing. Team for Round 2.
Lomax
Ravalawa if fit or Saab
Williame
Fuimaono
Ramsay
Sailor
Hunt
Sims
Frizell
Ford
Vaughan
Luke
Host
Bench
Merrin
Kerr
Lawrie
Gale
Graham dropped.
Two spots on the 30 Man Roster are needed to be filled.
De Belin-He will never play again.
30th Spot-A fast, tackling centre/winger.
Graham should also retire on medical grounds and his spot filled.
Sims out for 1 week shoulder charge ( dope)

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Interested to hear other people's five things- here are mine:-

1. This was the perfect result for anyone who wants Mary out and Flanno in. The Tigers struggled to break our defence down (Flanno's responsibility) and had to rely mainly on kicks to score points. Meanwhile, apart from the success of the switch of sides for Sims and Frizz and their good form, our attack with Norman and Hunt in charge remains clunky (Mary's responsibility). When the Fox cameras panned on our coach's box, Flanno was grinning like a Cheshire cat and Mary looked like he'd swallowed a lemon.

2. Hunt and Norman are individually and collectively not up to running this team.. Benji on 1/4 of Hunt's money looked far more impressive. Clune has to be in there somewhere.

3. It's natural to compare Frizz's form to last year when he had that terrible injury but this was the best game I've seen him play in years- Kikau and Taumalolo rolled into one. Whether he's trying to up the value of his contract or not- we're the winner at present.

4. With the greasy conditions, it was a difficult day for full-backs and both came up with howlers. Some of Lomax's goal line defence was excellent however and I believe he has almost the perfect build for a modern full-back and is worth persisting with..

5. While I still have some reservations about Fuimaono , he is an excitement machine and offers way more than Lafai at right centre. But for that matter, so potentially does Pereira and Ravalawa.

j0nesy

Bench
I like it, it’s a bit of a lessons learnt thread rather than a frustration venting thread.

Something I gleaned, which won’t be popular, is that James Graham is well past his best. He tries hard and wears his heart on his sleeve but he has become ineffective. 1 year too many I fear.

thebigredv

First Grade
The overwhelming thing for me is the same stench is still there. Maybe I am expecting too much but we just don't seem like a team that really knows what it's doing, and lacking in spirit.

I have said it constantly last year. Its not really about the result, it's just an overriding feeling of lack of confidence and excitement I get about this team. The halves have a lot to do with it for mine. Hunt plays well from time to time, Norman has shown some calmness in clutch moments but they've failed 95% of the time to bring vigour and strong direction to the team.

thebigredv

First Grade
The overwhelming thing for me is the same stench is still there. Maybe I am expecting too much but we just don't seem like a team that really knows what it's doing, and lacking in spirit.

I have said it constantly last year. Its not really about the result, it's just an overriding feeling of lack of confidence and excitement I get about this team. The halves have a lot to do with it for mine. Hunt plays well from time to time, Norman has shown some calmness in clutch moments but they've failed 95% of the time to bring vigour and strong direction to the team.

Now that we have begun to see changes in the centres, if our halves can play to their potential and net worth we will see different results.

Dorsai

Juniors
It was refreshing to see 2014’s game plan hasn’t changed.

It’s still not working, just refreshing to see McIdiot still sticking with something he knows well.

redv13

Bench
To be a fly on the wall last night between the muppet and Flanno. I’d pay decent coin to sit there and cut the tension with a knife

BLM01

First Grade
It was refreshing to see 2014’s game plan hasn’t changed.

It’s still not working, just refreshing to see McIdiot still sticking with something he knows well.
But it was refs fault Mary said we got nothing from them getting caned 8-3 in our own backyard... not the 6 tries we bombed with poor handling
He mentioned Tigers tries of kicks... what about really our 2 lucky tries you could call it
If it was not for Thompson dropping the ball our only try was a 4 pointer in the 1st minute penalty try
“D” strikes and in force while McAttack fails yet again.

denis preston

First Grade
I like it, it’s a bit of a lessons learnt thread rather than a frustration venting thread.

Something I gleaned, which won’t be popular, is that James Graham is well past his best. He tries hard and wears his heart on his sleeve but he has become ineffective. 1 year too many I fear.

He was past it last year as well. He is not bending the line and like Norman is just a passenger. So there is over 1.2 million locked up with 2 x Canterbury cup standard players ! Hunt for me has much more upside but is very questionable under pressure. His only hope is a Bennett type coach, someone to unlock that fragile temperament.

Old Timer

Coach
He was past it last year as well. He is not bending the line and like Norman is just a passenger. So there is over 1.2 million locked up with 2 x Canterbury cup standard players ! Hunt for me has much more upside but is very questionable under pressure. His only hope is a Bennett type coach, someone to unlock that fragile temperament.
Looking at Hunt he looks a depressive sort of sole.
He has already been under Bennett's wing and Hunt showed promise but never rose to any great heights compared to the best 7's in the game.
In fact Bennett's treatment of Hunt when at the Broncos contributes to the type of player he is today i.e. severely lacking confidence and unable to work out whether he is running the team or not.

possm

Coach
That was because Ainscough tackle was deemed to be "foul play"and the extra kick at goal was for that.
No foul play just 4 points and a kick at conversion from in front.
I call it faul play when a player is held back or pushed by an opposition defender. If the incident was closer to the half way line and no try on, it would have been a penalty just as in the same way if it was a high tackle it would be a penalty.

Latest posts