What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any news on our new CEO

SnowDragon

Juniors
With his background in digital marketing I would hope for a better web site, regular updates and more engagement.

I also hope he has the balls to make changes. It must be in his first 12 mo the, though typically you are judged by the first 90days (and likely quicker in this role).

I’m definitely not upset by this engagement, and sit hopeful.

FlameThrower

Bench
With his background in digital marketing I would hope for a better web site, regular updates and more engagement.

I also hope he has the balls to make changes. It must be in his first 12 mo the, though typically you are judged by the first 90days (and likely quicker in this role).

I’m definitely not upset by this engagement, and sit hopeful.
JDB case hanging over the Club, Coach in question, fans disengagement, a swag of players coming off contract, Frizell not resigned, on field team performance been below par for years. etc, Etc. Then the icing on the cake is Coronavirus where we have no clear picture of how this will pan out. The guy has a huge task on his hands.

possm

Coach
  1. Approach the NRL regarding the possibility of shorting Flanagan's suspension.
  2. Terminate Mary's contract and announce that Flanagan is the replacement head coach from 1 Nov 2020.
  3. The recruitment/retension/pathways staff to report to Flanagan from 1 Nov 2020.
  4. Arrange the retention of Frizell and recruitment of Suli and Fifita.
  5. Ensure SGI can compete with the top clubs with regards to TPA and digital marketing.
  6. Address the JDB compensation issue with teh NRL.

Last edited:

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
JDB case hanging over the Club, Coach in question, fans disengagement, a swag of players coming off contract, Frizell not resigned, on field team performance been below par for years. etc, Etc. Then the icing on the cake is Coronavirus where we have no clear picture of how this will pan out. The guy has a huge task on his hands.

Good luck to him. His predecessors didn’t make it easy for him.

Webb named as Dragons' new chief executive

Wed 18 Mar 2020, 04:00 PM
The St George Illawarra Dragons have today announced Ryan Webb as the club's new chief executive officer.

Webb's appointment concludes an all-encompassing four-month process following Brian Johnston's decision in November to step away from the role.

Webb has 15 years of extensive sports business experience across the NRL and the AFL, having previously worked as chief operating officer of the Wests Tigers and in a number of commercial and marketing capacities at the Western Bulldogs, Victorian Country Football League and AFL Victoria.

More recently Webb has been the chief executive of Zukaz – a digital marketing, location-based, augmented reality phone application.

Among his other achievements, Webb has also successfully earned a Bachelor of Applied Science (Honours) and Masters of Business Administration.

"This opportunity is an absolute privilege and I'm really excited to be here," Webb said.

"Becoming the chief executive of the Dragons is a great chance to leverage all the skills I've acquired over the past 15 years and bring them all together to help St George Illawarra become the powerhouse it should be.

"There are challenges we'll have to face from the beginning. Whether that be off the field with the Jack de Belin matter, any football department matters that arise as well as the COVID-19 pandemic."

Webb will commence his role as St George Illawarra chief executive in April.
https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/03/18/webb-named-as-dragons-new-chief-executive/

Thoroughly unimpressed.

All-encompassing process? What a joke.

Straight Shooter

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Precisely.

Hope he doesn't employ social distancing from the fans.
Hope he self isolates McGregor as the cause of much disruption and the thorn in our side.
It will be interesting to see if he has the backbone to address the issues we currently have or whether he'll be another wall flower in the board room.

I will allow him the opportunity to make good.
Hope he delivers.

BLM01

First Grade
Thoroughly unimpressed.

Straight Shooter
Why unimpressed. Who should of it been?
Reading between his political lines he basically said it was all over for Mary...or is that wishful thinking fn my part. I am sure that is what he meant.
Hand over..was a piece of paper with Sack mary written on it
. "With our list we should be playing finals - this year".
We wont make finals so Mary...tata

Last edited:
Why unimpressed. Who should of it been?
Reading between his political lines he basically said it was all over for Mary...or is that wishful thinking fn my part. I am sure that is what he meant.
Hand over..was a piece of paper with Sack mary written on it
. "With our list we should be playing finals - this year".
We wont make finals so Mary...tata

Definitely reading between the lines.

I'm not impressed with his experience.

Straight Shooter

The calm one

Juniors
  1. Approach the NRL regarding the possibility of shorting Flanagan's suspension.
  2. Terminate Mary's contract and announce that Flanagan is the replacement head coach from 1 Nov 2020.
  3. The recruitment/retension/pathways staff to report to Flanagan from 1 Nov 2020.
  4. Arrange the retention of Frizell and recruitment of Suli and Fifita.
  5. Ensure SGI can compete with the top clubs with regards to TPA and digital marketing.
  6. Address the JDB compensation issue with teh NRL.
You are in dream land

denis preston

First Grade
Thoroughly unimpressed.

Straight Shooter
FFS, i have been one of the critics of the Board , but jesus when the media judges us Dragons supporters as hard to please your comments sum it up completely. We got a bloke not tied by family relationship,has a better resume and some very varied experience & youth and without settling in you bag him ? FMD ?

mickeylane

Bench
Definitely reading between the lines.

I'm not impressed with his experience.

Straight Shooter
I must agree here - we needed a street smart, hard nut like Shane Richardson or similar someone that knows how to move in and around the NRL political minefield and get shit done and be a real hard ass - this fellow seems very green - but I’m happy to be wrong..

mickeylane

Bench
In all seriousness though - the question I always ask myself is - Would Politis have hired him at the Roosters if he turned up for the CEO job at his club.. because if the answer is NO well we are not going to be making up too much ground on the bigger clubs.. we need to be making the same moves as the bigger clubs
Same caliber Administration
Same caliber conditional staff
Same caliber coaching
Same caliber Sponsorship
Same caliber Player Amenities
We are way behind in 4/5 of the above with at least 5-6 of the top clubs..

Coffs dragon

Bench
I must agree here - we needed a street smart, hard nut like Shane Richardson or similar someone that knows how to move in and around the NRL political minefield and get shit done and be a real hard ass - this fellow seems very green - but I’m happy to be wrong..
Not necessarily Mickey, as it sure never worked for the Titans when they poached Graham Annesley from his political career & links to being the former boss of the NRL refereeing.
Sometimes fresh ideas & a change in direction can be a shot in the arm to an organisation that seems dormant and stuck in the past, not knowing how to move ahead.
I hope Ryan can resurrect the sinking ship and is given the chance.

FFS, i have been one of the critics of the Board , but jesus when the media judges us Dragons supporters as hard to please your comments sum it up completely. We got a bloke not tied by family relationship,has a better resume and some very varied experience & youth and without settling in you bag him ? FMD ?

For such a critical role at such a critical time, I find his experience and achievements lacking.

It's fantastic that he's not an old boy but the mediocrity continues.

And the club can't comprehend why it has lost its DNA. I'll tell you why, it's because it has lost its will to win. Win big.

Straight Shooter

Latest posts