What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 v Panthers

since77

Juniors
You didn't like the kick in the broncos semi for dufty ( if I remember correctly ).

We need to be patient....

Correct. The people who don't rate Lomax don't know a special talent when they see it. He's the most naturally talented footballer I've seen in the red V since Mundine or Blacklock. He's been completely screwed by McGregor. Completely and utterly.
Not 1 promising junior has come through the ranks and blossomed under McGregor. Not one in 7 years. Think about that everyone.

Crush

Coach
Correct. The people who don't rate Lomax don't know a special talent when they see it. He's the most naturally talented footballer I've seen in the red V since Mundine or Blacklock. He's been completely screwed by McGregor. Completely and utterly.
Not 1 promising junior has come through the ranks and blossomed under McGregor. Not one in 7 years. Think about that everyone.
Some people just call it as they see it and don't make excuses.

Dragsters

First Grade
I'm in no way suggesting Dufty is the answer. I'm just saying I don't think Lomax is either. At the moment, if either of them are in the position, I'm not confident of victory.

The other factor with Dufty last night to consider is that he's returning from a fractured cheek bone. I thought he returned the ball much stronger in the trials until he got hit. I'd suggest he could be a little less confident of hitting the line hard after coming back from that injury.

True.

Sailor would have been my first pick at fullback with Lomax and Williame in the centres.

Looks like Sailor is on the outer for whatever reason...

Dragsters

First Grade

That's a glaring fact from a region that has a long history as a leading junior nursery...

Dragonsamy

Bench
Lomax is the best right centre we have, no question.

As for fullback, he and Dufty may have different strengths and weaknesses, but the major factor to consider is that Dufty has had 50-odd games to work on them and Lomax has had just one.

While I would prefer fo see Lomax at right centre, I'm not ever really confident of victory when Dufty is at fullback.

Dufty's pace is an asset, but his reluctance to run the ball back strongly and defensive frailty are still a concern for me...

I agree Dragsters if only lomax had just a bit more pace.

blacksafake

First Grade
With all due respect, those 19 NRL appearances have been in 5 different positions.!!!!!

Talk about messing up a young kids game. Lomax should have been picked at right centre and left there.

My point being, its impossible to know how good he can be thanks to mcGregor.

McGregor is ruining his confidence. Lomax's last ditch efforts in defense...turtleing players when over the try line have been excellent. in round 1 & 2. I'm no body language expert, but he looks tentative and that is because he is playing afraid to make mistakes, knowing Mcgregor will drop him.

If guys like Coyne/fittler/Johns etc have wraps on him, then that's good enough for me.
:100: Right, imo.
FFS I wish L plate would just pick him at right centre & be done with it. Let him get some confidence in a comfortable spot.
Better still just sack the imposter of a coach.

Dragonsamy

Bench
True.

Sailor would have been my first pick at fullback with Lomax and Williame in the centres.

Looks like Sailor is on the outer for whatever reason...

It doesn't help sailor that Mary see as a 14 only. That wouldn't give him any confidence.
And he continually keeps stuffing up lomax so far he has played (in his short career ) fullback, centre, winger and last year even in the middle, No wonder he look lost on occasions.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
It doesn't help sailor that Mary see as a 14 only.
Why do you say this? I can’t recall a time where Mary has ever played Sailor as a 14.

And if this is in fact the case, why hasn’t he been picking him at 14 for the last two weeks?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
It doesn't help sailor that Mary see as a 14 only. That wouldn't give him any confidence.
And he continually keeps stuffing up lomax so far he has played (in his short career ) fullback, centre, winger and last year even in the middle, No wonder he look lost on occasions.

Spot on.

McGregor sees Sailor on the periphery, to be used in emergency situations only.

The same lack of confidence towards Lomax is there for all to see.

Good observations, mate.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Yes his last ditch efforts are good hence the solid tag.
When he does something brilliant in attack I'll get excited.
We will find out, he's signed for 6 years so he'll be playing under a new coach at some stage.

Disclaimer: provided Lomax doesn’t request a release (which wouldn’t surprise me one iota).

Belta

Juniors
I would have Lomax at fullback and agree with since77 about his talent and see him in rep sides in the future. I’d hav Rav on the wing and have Dufty on the bench, for impact. injury or hia put duff at fullback and move Lomax where ever ie, centre, wing or where ever, or no injury and to add variety and mix it up, bring in Dufty at 6 late in first half and/or 2nd half, to run amuck or Lomax to 6 duff to 1

clear as mud? Thought so

Old Timer

Coach
Duffy saved his arse with the intercept try
Unfortunately fans are so dejected they see things like a runaway intercept try as something really special and will rate somebody highly for it instead of seeing it for what it was “lucky”.
No doubt he will get picked at FB again and no doubt his unresolved issues will come to the fore and he will be dropped.
His defence is about to get really tested over the next few weeks so looking forward to coming back to see what people think

Crush

Coach
Duffy saved his arse with the intercept try
Unfortunately fans are so dejected they see things like a runaway intercept try as something really special and will rate somebody highly for it instead of seeing it for what it was “lucky”.
No doubt he will get picked at FB again and no doubt his unresolved issues will come to the fore and he will be dropped.
His defence is about to get really tested over the next few weeks so looking forward to coming back to see what people think
Sure, lets come back to see what people think of Dufty but lets also come back and assess Hunt, Norman, Lomax, Lafai, Graham just to name a few.
Dufty scored 2 tries by himself on Friday and kept us in the game, a hell of a lot more than some others did.

LINESPEED

Juniors
:100: Right, imo.
FFS I wish L plate would just pick him at right centre & be done with it. Let him get some confidence in a comfortable spot.
Better still just sack the imposter of a coach.

McFMD knows if he relents & selects Zac at 3 then the game’s up for his bestie Aitken - because Zac will own No3 for the duration

...and there’ll be no place to hide for Turnstile except CC or ESL

Saab & Sailor are being kept at bay for the same reason

Latest posts