What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodbye friz

Old Timer

Coach
Firstly, St George have won 16, not 15.

Secondly, from 1921 - 1981, did St George’s territory reach down to the south coast or not?

Thirdly, why couldn’t we win 11 in a row again? With the correct coaching, junior pathways and salary cap management it’s a an achievable goal. Reminiscing about something that happened 60 years ago and not focusing on doing what is required to achieve such dominance again is such a lazy St George trait.
Illawarra was a feeder to the Sydney comp and whilst plenty of great players from the region did go to St George there were in fact many great players who did not go to St George by their own design so for anyone to say St George's area reached down the south coast would indeed be a stretch.
St George's continual success is what made the club attractive to players from that region.
For the record "we" have 1 in a row and never repeated that so to think "we" could emulate (not repeat) what St George did on their own in winning 11 on the trot is indeed stretching a long bow.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Illawarra was a feeder to the Sydney comp and whilst plenty of great players from the region did go to St George there were in fact many great players who did not go to St George by their own design so for anyone to say St George's area reached down the south coast would indeed be a stretch.
This is no different to now though.

The Stewart brothers say hi.

For the record "we" have 1 in a row and never repeated that so to think "we" could emulate (not repeat) what St George did on their own in winning 11 on the trot is indeed stretching a long bow.
Incorrect. We didn’t win last year. The Roosters did.

They also won the year before. They’re on 2 in a row now.

jeffdragon

Bench
On the Sunday footy show,.they said it could be a free for all regarding signings when the salary cap gets reduced.
Contracts might be worth the paper there written on including frizells.

Old Timer

Coach
This is no different to now though.

The Stewart brothers say hi.

Incorrect. We didn’t win last year. The Roosters did.

They also won the year before. They’re on 2 in a row now.
Usual idiocy on your part go back and read the post again as I never said we won last year.
The inference which you as usual fail to comprehend is "we" have won 1 and never repeated that feat.
Not sure why you made the Steward bros reference as it seems of no relevance to that which I posted in respect of the question you asked. which was eluding to "boundaries".

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Usual idiocy on your part go back and read the post again as I never said we won last year.
The inference which you as usual fail to comprehend is "we" have won 1 and never repeated that feat.
Not sure why you made the Steward bros reference as it seems of no relevance to that which I posted in respect of the question you asked. which was eluding to "boundaries".
Once again you’re going straight to insulting people when you don’t understand things. Don’t ruin another thread.

You said we have won 1 in a row. The only way the “row” part of that would even be possible is if we were the reigning premiers.

Outside of that it’s just 1.

We should be striving for better than that.

Agree silverdale, very hard to replace this guy if played in the correct position and not used as a battering ram. I thought he was going to be loyal to this club but I guess anyone can only take so much of poor leadership. I truly believe that he would have been had we had a decent coach. People would take a hit in the back pocket if there is a chance of playing finals and being a really competitive team consistently.

Goodbye Friz and goodluck

He’d be one of my favourite sgi players.

I just love his game, his confidence, he really took it to Souths in that “ 85 minutes” semi final until the wheels fell off and the panic set in.

He had zero respect for one of the strongest and most feared club packs in the world. It was great to watch. P

I don’t know how he was lost or what went on behind doors. I don’t know what the salary difference was.

But he would have appreciated that a lot of desperate and honest fans looked up to him and he would have felt bad about leaving and letting so many people down.

Still, the rest of the club (players, supporters, and insurgent officials) need courage at the moment to see out the virus and the dark Mary days.

So I am quite sorry for you that he didn’t stay. He was officially licensed and authentic Dragon material.

possm

Coach
On the Sunday footy show,.they said it could be a free for all regarding signings when the salary cap gets reduced.
If that is the case, we desperately need to move Mary and Millward on and replace them with people who can do the job well.

TruSaint

Referee

I believe on the same show they mentioned that the signing of Tyson to the Knights happened " after the clubs were told that contracts would be suspended", but before implementation. Both clubs, player manager and player know what they entered into.

Old Timer

Coach
Once again you’re going straight to insulting people when you don’t understand things. Don’t ruin another thread.

You said we have won 1 in a row. The only way the “row” part of that would even be possible is if we were the reigning premiers.

Outside of that it’s just 1.

We should be striving for better than that.
Poor old muzby going for the old chestnut of being insulted.
Idiocy is hardling insulting especially as your own avatar has "village idiot" contained within it so if you profess to be the "village idiot" fair to say a fair bit of idiocy would be attached to you.
If I was going to insult you I would have said
"What part of the spectrum are you on you f**kng merkin who not only has major issues of comprehension but NFI about intent either".
Now, I didn't say that or anything remotely like that but seeing as you have seen fit to think you were insulted and nothing will change that false assumption then please take the part in italics as a gift to go with your total miscomprehension and justify your falsely contrived position.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Poor old muzby going for the old chestnut of being insulted.
Idiocy is hardling insulting especially as your own avatar has "village idiot" contained within it so if you profess to be the "village idiot" fair to say a fair bit of idiocy would be attached to you.
If I was going to insult you I would have said
"What part of the spectrum are you on you f**kng merkin who not only has major issues of comprehension but NFI about intent either".
Now, I didn't say that or anything remotely like that but seeing as you have seen fit to think you were insulted and nothing will change that false assumption then please take the part in italics as a gift to go with your total miscomprehension and justify your falsely contrived position.
Ok boomer.

When you’re ready to chat footy instead of carrying on like a twat, let me know :thumbsup:

boardlumps62

Juniors
With all of us worried about Corona Virus and how it will impact on us and our friends health and welfare we are now confronted by the shutdown of the NRL which gave us something to keep our minds occupied
Now we lose our Captain to another team.
I've been devastated before at every loss of our players but this one Frizzel just allows me to realise they the players really don't give a shit about our club. Let him go just not the person I want as the Captain. Actually he was only filling in while Cameron was getting ready to come back after injury.
Yes see you Frizzel if I ever come across you I will tell you what I think.

_Johnsy

Referee
With all of us worried about Corona Virus and how it will impact on us and our friends health and welfare we are now confronted by the shutdown of the NRL which gave us something to keep our minds occupied
Now we lose our Captain to another team.
I've been devastated before at every loss of our players but this one Frizzel just allows me to realise they the players really don't give a shit about our club. Let him go just not the person I want as the Captain. Actually he was only filling in while Cameron was getting ready to come back after injury.
Yes see you Frizzel if I ever come across you I will tell you what I think.

I'd say good luck & best wishes to him. You can’t doubt his effort every time he’s pulled on the red v.

It’s a job, if you were offered a decent chunk more $ per year & also thought you had a better chance to further you career, & that employer was not that far away would you leave.

I would.

Best wishes Frizz & thanks for your time & effort. :thumbsup_tone2:

Gareth67

First Grade
Absolutely hewi and Johnsy , well said gentlemen . The man gave more than his all for the Dragons , but unfortunately the coach let him , as well as the rest of the team down with his lack of ability.

He would be the last player that I would ever accuse of not doing the right thing by his club - the very best of good fortune to him and may he finally have one of those shiny premiership rings on his finger . :innocent:

hewi

Bench
Absolutely hewi and Johnsy , well said gentlemen . The man gave more than his all for the Dragons , but unfortunately the coach let him , as well as the rest of the team down with his lack of ability.

He would be the last player that I would ever accuse of not doing the right thing by his club - the very best of good fortune to him and may he finally have one of those shiny premiership rings on his finger . :innocent:

I think the first two rounds have shown Newcastle is a lot closer to being in the finals than we are.

mickeylane

Bench
I said it on Friday this is exactly what will happen -free for all..top player will be on $600K! 2021/22

Player contracts will be Broken left right and centre post this 80% pay decrease! The player managers are going to have a field day suing the NRL and clubs.. I believe there could be a mass amount of moving deck chairs by the end of the year once the dust settles.. Players will have to start going to the highest bidder and its better imo if you have a lot of room under your cap because there will be a lot of disgruntled players , I’m even guessing the salary cap may decrease to $5m-$6m in 2021/22 to accomodate the loss of sponsorships and broadcast income

mickeylane, Friday at 7:44 AMEditReport
#69Reply