What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodbye friz

Gareth67

First Grade
I think the first two rounds have shown Newcastle is a lot closer to being in the finals than we are.

Yes indeed they were hewi . The other point that perhaps a few do not realize is that the negotiations with Newcastle had been ongoing since January and at some stage Fitzzy did accept their offer , with our mob making a belated counter offer before he actually put pen to paper . However as we now know the NRL , in its infinite wisdom has declined to register the contract due to the state of the game which is a consequence of the virus .

I was very impressed with Tyson’s reaction after he discovered the contract would not be ratified when he said that there were larger problems in the world at the moment , the least of which was a footy contract . Well spoken Mr. Frizell , not only a tremendous rugby league player , but a man who is prepared to make sacrifices.

blacksafake

First Grade
With all of us worried about Corona Virus and how it will impact on us and our friends health and welfare we are now confronted by the shutdown of the NRL which gave us something to keep our minds occupied
Now we lose our Captain to another team.
I've been devastated before at every loss of our players but this one Frizzel just allows me to realise they the players really don't give a shit about our club. Let him go just not the person I want as the Captain. Actually he was only filling in while Cameron was getting ready to come back after injury.
Yes see you Frizzel if I ever come across you I will tell you what I think.
Good luck to him.
He’s put in for the Red V every time he’s gone onto the field. It’s obvious he’s had enough of the poor coaching & boring game plan which hasn’t changed under L plates watch. IMO your angst should be directed at the board & coach.
I for one will never criticise Friz for what he’s done.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Thanks Tyson for everything. You have given this Club a lot and you should have experienced more success in the RedV. Those who feel that Ford and Tyrell can makeup for his loss are kidding themselves. His loss will be a bodyblow for the team next year but it might, just might, finally sound the death knell for Mary.

I said it on Friday this is exactly what will happen -free for all..top player will be on $600K! 2021/22

Player contracts will be Broken left right and centre post this 80% pay decrease! The player managers are going to have a field day suing the NRL and clubs.. I believe there could be a mass amount of moving deck chairs by the end of the year once the dust settles.. Players will have to start going to the highest bidder and its better imo if you have a lot of room under your cap because there will be a lot of disgruntled players , I’m even guessing the salary cap may decrease to $5m-$6m in 2021/22 to accomodate the loss of sponsorships and broadcast income

mickeylane, Friday at 7:44 AMEditReport
#69Reply

This is a really good post.

But it’s not the footy people who will understand how it’s all going to be resolved, it will be lawyers, officials and admin.

And as there won’t be enough money, major concessions need to be made in many areas.

It should also be understood, that all this money the government needs to spend, it’s going to have to be paid for sooner or later.

And post medical recovery, I think that’s in taxation and other measures. So we are going to have to live tough for awhile. People just aren’t going to pay big bucks to see a game and get ripped off at the kiosk. People aren’t going to pay through the nose to get games live streamed. Competition will other sports will be extremely tough. Not when you are paying 50% income and business tax.

But if you make it through, be grateful and settle for a bit less in the world. $4m cap is probably excessive, depending on how long this bastard thing kicks on for.

SGMax

Juniors
How can you play to your ability when you don’t believe in the coach or game plan. Imagine how good Tyson would be now if he had Bellamy, Bennett or Robinson as a coach. Do you also think Tyson would be leaving now if Bellamy, Bennett or Robinson were his coaches ?

I am not talking about a young developing player trying to improve his game and establish his career..

In 2019 Frizell played well below the level he was capable of and had been playing at in previous seasons.
He found a way to play harder and with more intensity in State of Origin then went back into cruise mode for the regular games.

As a senior and representative player, I expected him to maintain form and lift his team mates despite any poor coaching they have endured over the years.
With an injured 2nd row partner in Sims and others missing via injury and being stood down, the Dragons did not need him playing average for the whole of 2019.

I am a big fan of Bennett as coach or any other top line coach coming on board.
I just don't like Frizell looking elsewhere for success when he contributed to the Dragons poor year in 2019.

RED73V

Juniors
Firstly, St George have won 16, not 15.

Secondly, from 1921 - 1981, did St George’s territory reach down to the south coast or not?

Thirdly, why couldn’t we win 11 in a row again? With the correct coaching, junior pathways and salary cap management it’s a an achievable goal. Reminiscing about something that happened 60 years ago and not focusing on doing what is required to achieve such dominance again is such a lazy St George trait.
WRONG ..... St George have won 15 PREMIERSHIPS WITHOUT ILLAWARRA & as ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA they have won 1 Premiership. So ILLAWARRA DON’T take credit for the other 15 .... COMPREHENDER . The reason why we can’t win 11 in a row again is because a ILLAWARRA OLD BOY IS A CANCER TO OUR CLUB .

RED73V

Juniors
How many of those did St George win whilst going it alone from 1982 - 1998?
BTW how many Grand Finals did Illawarra play in from 1982-1998....... ZERO........ ST GEORGE played in 1985, 1992, 1993 & 1996 . Four Grand Finals in that time how many for Illawarra..... :doughnut: Donut :joy::joy: