What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodbye friz

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Newcastle offered $2.1million and the Dragons $2 million for 3 years according to reports. He is not used properly at the Dragons and is nearly 29. This will allow others to be retained such as Ford. Tyson was high impact but was never a matchwinner like other pivotal players in other teams.

He was never allowed to be a match winner.

RED73V

Juniors
I am not talking about a young developing player trying to improve his game and establish his career..

In 2019 Frizell played well below the level he was capable of and had been playing at in previous seasons.
He found a way to play harder and with more intensity in State of Origin then went back into cruise mode for the regular games.

As a senior and representative player, I expected him to maintain form and lift his team mates despite any poor coaching they have endured over the years.
With an injured 2nd row partner in Sims and others missing via injury and being stood down, the Dragons did not need him playing average for the whole of 2019.

I am a big fan of Bennett as coach or any other top line coach coming on board.
I just don't like Frizell looking elsewhere for success when he contributed to the Dragons poor year in 2019.
I understand your point SGMax . It would be very hard to put in when you don’t respect the person delivery the half time speech. That’s why at representative level Tyson excelled , every player was on the same page . Don’t forget Mary’s useless bench rotation 9 times out of ten there would be one reserve who would only get about 10 minutes of play when all the forwards needed a much deserved rest . Hence the second half fade outs & decline in the later part of the season. Mary’s power game & NO PLAN B.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
BTW how many Grand Finals did Illawarra play in from 1982-1998....... ZERO........ ST GEORGE played in 1985, 1992, 1993 & 1996 . Four Grand Finals in that time how many for Illawarra..... :doughnut: Donut :joy::joy:
Four grand finals but still couldn’t win?

No wonder people used the choker tag.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
WRONG ..... St George have won 15 PREMIERSHIPS WITHOUT ILLAWARRA & as ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA they have won 1 Premiership. So ILLAWARRA DON’T take credit for the other 15 .... COMPREHENDER . The reason why we can’t win 11 in a row again is because a ILLAWARRA OLD BOY IS A CANCER TO OUR CLUB .
Good lord. Can you talk without shouting?

A few things:

1. What’s a comprehender?

2. So you’re blaming Mary for St George not achieving 11 in a row again, even though he’s only been in place since 2014? What happened to the 50 years before that?

3. No-one is saying Illawarra take “credit” for the 15 premierships. What I’m saying is that St George didn’t win one when they went out alone from 1982. Illawarra didn’t win one either. What I’m pointing out to you is that the club is stronger together than it is apart.

Your argument isn’t really coherent.

possm

Coach
There’s no point trying to retain a player who has made it clear he’s had enough.
The SGI Board, club managers and head coach are responsible for the decline of our once-great St George Club. Rather than work in the best interest of our Club, their effort seems to be all about self-interest and backroom deals that benefit only themselves.

I only hope this big disruption to the NRL will initiate the necessary changes to make for a more fair and well-managed system. I believe we will see some Clubs merge, the introduction of Club contributions towards their salary cap, an NRL / player-manager controlled TPA system that follows player no matter which Club they play for and a system more reliant on gate attendance than TV rights.

Let fans and supporters of the game of rugby league have more influence on the success of Rugby League Football Clubs. Fans and supporters should have skin in the game.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
The SGI Board, club managers and head coach are responsible for the decline of our once-great St George Club. Rather than work in the best interest of our Club, their effort seems to be all about self-interest and backroom deals that benefit only themselves.

I only hope this big disruption to the NRL will initiate the necessary changes to make for a more fair and well-managed system. I believe we will see some Clubs merge, the introduction of Club contributions towards their salary cap, an NRL / player-manager controlled TPA system that follows player no matter which Club they play for and a system more reliant on gate attendance than TV rights.

Let fans and supporters of the game of rugby league have more influence on the success of Rugby League Football Clubs. Fans and supporters should have skin in the game.

If Super League provided one lesson, it was that to merge teams means less fans.

Tyson is a very good player, but no one is irreplaceable. He had the odd weakness in his game. Not a great off loader and he is inclined to spill the odd ball at crucial times. Every club loses a premier player occasionally, so St George are not the exception Sure coaching is a big problem, but with an able replacement and the promotion of some talented young players, things will start to look up. There may be a fair bit of restructuring of the league competition after the dust settles on the current crisis..

RED73V

Juniors
Good lord. Can you talk without shouting?

A few things:

1. What’s a comprehender?

2. So you’re blaming Mary for St George not achieving 11 in a row again, even though he’s only been in place since 2014? What happened to the 50 years before that?

3. No-one is saying Illawarra take “credit” for the 15 premierships. What I’m saying is that St George didn’t win one when they went out alone from 1982. Illawarra didn’t win one either. What I’m pointing out to you is that the club is stronger together than it is apart.

Your argument isn’t really coherent.
I am not shouting merely emphasising the point. Look :eyes: up comprehender because then you might understand & you won’t feel incoherent.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I am not shouting merely emphasising the point. Look :eyes: up comprehender because then you might understand & you won’t feel incoherent.

You’re asking a bit too much there.

I see you’re a new contributor here...welcome. Once you get to know Muzby’s unique foibles, then things will become clearer.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You are better off putting something in bold instead of using capitals. Capitals in written text denotes shouting.

And whilst I applaud you for using a no longer used word, it still makes no sense in the context which you’ve used it.

Now that we’ve addressed point number 1, can you please address points 2 & 3.

Old Timer

Coach
Yeah, he signed up before you did...

This should be an interesting comeback..
And you are always scolding others for being off thread
You expect others to ignore bi-play but heavily indulge yourself and of course your constant inclination to pedantry shows your inanity as almost everyone else but you comprehends and understand intent.
Your obsessive compulsive behaviour is there for all to see.
Try self isolation for a while and that might help you understand your shortcomings better.

Sgi thought he was good enough to be offered what they said was one of their best deals in their history.

So they saw a lot of good in him as a footballer and on other levels.

The issue is that he declined to accept it for the wider unknown.

Now he’s in a catch 22.

But it is unlikely that sgi would have been able to keep to their word anyway.

He may end up somewhere else next year, once a vaccine or cure is found. The knights will be close to death financially I think.

The clubs should try to keep key staff to keep players with them. Connect and be good clubs with supplies and advice. The players will consider that when they can’t command the same salaries etc.

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
HUH?

BTW, if a word is found in a lexicon, then it isn’t no longer used.

DUH :rolling_eyes:
RED73V - Joined: February 20, 2015
Saint_JimmyG - Joined: July 8, 2016

Pretty sure that makes him an earlier joiner than you, but I’m sure you’ll find a way to say that I’m wrong.

Now, do you actually have anything relevant to contribute to either the premiership or Friz discussions?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
And you are always scolding others for being off thread
You expect others to ignore bi-play but heavily indulge yourself and of course your constant inclination to pedantry shows your inanity as almost everyone else but you comprehends and understand intent.
Your obsessive compulsive behaviour is there for all to see.
Try self isolation for a while and that might help you understand your shortcomings better.
Hi OT..

Are you here to discuss either our premiership history or Frizell’s move? Or are you just in here to play the man again?

Do you think Friz will do better or worse in the inferior steel city?

Old Timer

Coach
Hi OT..

Are you here to discuss either our premiership history or Frizell’s move? Or are you just in here to play the man again?

Do you think Friz will do better or worse in the inferior steel city?
Right on cue more punctual than any Sydney train or bus
I am just sorry that I forgot to include
“predictable” in my previous post to you.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Right on cue more punctual than any Sydney train or bus
I am just sorry that I forgot to include
“predictable” in my previous post to you.
Interesting, so would you say that Friz will play on the left or the right side of the Knights pack?

Latest posts