What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post COVID-19 - Worst Player Fitness Levels If Season Recommences

TheRam

Coach
Who do you guys think and what do you think our chances are of coming back and actually having a decent crack at the title after the cluster fu*k that has become of the world and our footy?

If we come back this season my pick for the worst out of shape merkin title goes to none other then...

Junior Paulo

With an honourable mention of Kane Evens following up the rear.

And there to goes the season.

Gronk

Staff member
They will have a 3/4 week mini off season before the games re-start IMHO. No way will they attempt to start the engines cold.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Remember most clubs giving players a week or two off when comp called off , before back training (Munster drove to QLD)

I’d say most clubs (those that can afford it) Probably would be sending around a sports trainer/science guy around to all the players weekly or where possible , or players meet at facilities two at a time to check on some fitness tests, skin folds etc..

They interviewed Joel Thompson and gathered by the way he spoke Des is keeping them accountable and fit during this time

As Cronk mentioned NRL will give them a 4 week pre season before getting back into it

chiefy1

Juniors
Alvaro seems to fluctuate like a stressed out puffer fish. Im going with Alvaro

hindy111

Post Whore
I hate to say this. But this thread is well.............

Is everything ok Ram? Don't flip pout on me. Your the Rock

TheRam

Coach
What's wrong with the thread? It's a legit question. There's going to be some legit slackers, who will find it very hard to motivate themselves to workout in isolation no matter what the club and support staff tell them. They will just drop off and probably drink and eat to much while sitting around playing video games.

Not really a hard stretch to imagine. We know someone like Terepo loves a drink and can find it a little difficult to stop when started. What would someone like him be doing, day in day out without the daily regiment of fronting up to training and the constant supervision and discipline that brings?

He would not be alone in this either, there will be many in our squad and of course every squad, that will suffer mentally and physically through this. But I am only concerned about how our squad comes out of this. We have had massive issues around focus and discipline for years and just as we seem to have started to get on top of it, this has happened. I'm afraid that this may have set us back a year or two. Just my thoughts.

Otherwise I'm all good guys. Thanks for caring and asking. I hope you are all good too and special mention to @elementary and his pregnant wife. I hope all is still good with you guys and stays that way mate. Don't sweat it to much if that is possible and all you can do is be alert to any adverse changes in her health and react accordingly. Be safe all and try to stay sane and happy. Cheers

Eelementary

Post Whore
What's wrong with the thread? It's a legit question. There's going to be some legit slackers, who will find it very hard to motivate themselves to workout in isolation no matter what the club and support staff tell them. They will just drop off and probably drink and eat to much while sitting around playing video games.

Not really a hard stretch to imagine. We know someone like Terepo loves a drink and can find it a little difficult to stop when started. What would someone like him be doing, day in day out without the daily regiment of fronting up to training and the constant supervision and discipline that brings?

He would not be alone in this either, there will be many in our squad and of course every squad, that will suffer mentally and physically through this. But I am only concerned about how our squad comes out of this. We have had massive issues around focus and discipline for years and just as we seem to have started to get on top of it, this has happened. I'm afraid that this may have set us back a year or two. Just my thoughts.

Otherwise I'm all good guys. Thanks for caring and asking. I hope you are all good too and special mention to @elementary and his pregnant wife. I hope all is still good with you guys and stays that way mate. Don't sweat it to much if that is possible and all you can do is be alert to any adverse changes in her health and react accordingly. Be safe all and try to stay sane and happy. Cheers

Thanks, mate - I think we are doing better than a lot of others, so I can't complain.

hindy111

Post Whore
Ok I am just going to say it.
Winning the title this year would be a bit of a hollow kind of feeling I reckon. It just wouldn't feel same as a normal premiership if we only have say 15 games.