What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Jacques Kallis Appreciation thread

TheParraboy

Staff member
The great man in action in ice cricket, 90 runs (not out) of only 37 balls

chasing an almost impossible 206 for victory the great man
led the Royals to victory over the Palace Diamonds wilh over 3 overs to spare on a frozen lake

amazing

Thunder should throw the cheque book at him, Come back to us Jacques

_t2r0613.jpg

African Monkey

First Grade
Where you been brother?

Welcome back
Hey man sorry for the late reply other things have been occupying my time over the last few years but yeah good to see the same people like yourself and hiney keeping this great thread strong hope you've been well I hope to be here more often.

We know you love Jacques Twizzle stop pretending that you don't :)

#weloveyoujacques

Timbo

Staff member
I mean, shit, that was a bit dominant from the Windies.

I’m enjoying this tournament.

TheParraboy

Staff member
the great man is all class after being dumped as coach

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...-simon-katich-part-ways-kolkata-knight-riders

i

Kallis, however, could remain a part of the Knight Riders brand, according to team CEO Venky Mysore.

"Jacques Kallis has been an integral part of the KKR family and will always remain so," Mysore said, while announcing the changes. "We will be exploring ways of working with Jacques as we pursue our vision of establishing the Knight Riders brand as a global brand."

Kallis, too, released a statement following the decision.

"After nine fantastic years with KKR since 2011, as a player, mentor and Head Coach, it's time to explore new opportunities," he said. "I would to like to thank the owners, management and fellow players for many happy memories."

TheParraboy

Staff member
The great man is back

This is on par when Parra brought in Jack Gibson in 1981 for mine.....

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...-named-south-africa-batting-consultant-summer

Jacques Kallis named South Africa's batting consultant for the summer

Jacques Kallis will join South Africa's backroom staff as a batting consultant for the summer, completing the support staff of the new regime. Kallis and Charl Langeveldt, who opted out of a two-year-deal with Bangladesh after just five months to take on the role of bowling coach, have been confirmed as being part of Mark Boucher's staff.

That brings the total number of former internationals involved to five with Graeme Smith in the role of director of cricket for the next three months, Boucher as head coach until 2023, Kallis and Langeveldt as batting and bowling consultants respectively, and Ashwell Prince in charge of the South African A side.

South Africa's men's team are currently at a training camp in Pretoria, preparing for a four-Test series against England which starts on Boxing Day. The squad for the first two Tests was named on Monday and includes six uncapped players.

Bazal

Post Whore
I feel like SA need to be careful here... They're falling into the trap of thinking that their great players will also be great coaches and administrators

Last edited:

African Monkey

First Grade
The great man is back

This is on par when Parra brought in Jack Gibson in 1981 for mine.....

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...-named-south-africa-batting-consultant-summer

Jacques Kallis named South Africa's batting consultant for the summer

Jacques Kallis will join South Africa's backroom staff as a batting consultant for the summer, completing the support staff of the new regime. Kallis and Charl Langeveldt, who opted out of a two-year-deal with Bangladesh after just five months to take on the role of bowling coach, have been confirmed as being part of Mark Boucher's staff.

That brings the total number of former internationals involved to five with Graeme Smith in the role of director of cricket for the next three months, Boucher as head coach until 2023, Kallis and Langeveldt as batting and bowling consultants respectively, and Ashwell Prince in charge of the South African A side.

South Africa's men's team are currently at a training camp in Pretoria, preparing for a four-Test series against England which starts on Boxing Day. The squad for the first two Tests was named on Monday and includes six uncapped players.
Are you a staff member now??? What's going on here haha...

But yes, I think it's fair to say that even at 44 years old (he looks about 24), he would still be SAs best bastmen even at this current stage in time. Wish he'd come out of retirement tbh....

hineyrulz

Post Whore

But yes, I think it's fair to say that even at 44 years old (he looks about 24), he would still be SAs best bastmen even at this current stage in time. Wish he'd come out of retirement tbh....
Where in blue blazes have you been AM???

Good to see you back.

TheParraboy

Staff member

I'm trying to figure that out too

Agree, would love him back and winning another title with the Thunder

Memories of the great man always in our hearts :heart:

African Monkey

First Grade
Thats what the Windies did, didn’t turn out too well for them.
Oh come Hiney mate,
Where in blue blazes have you been AM???

Good to see you back.
Yeah good to be back it's been a while haha good to see the same faces here, how have you been? Can't quite explain my absence, I guess growing up and joining the real world does that to ya haha. Had some great days on here going back 10 years or so, but I'm gonna try and come back more often now, especially with Parra and Souths going half decent these days pre covid 19 lol. We won't start with the Black Caps embarrassing tour last year as no matter how good we're going, we'll always get done by you Aussies haha.

Still shocks me how PB is a mod lol. What's doing there, not even he knows.....

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Oh come Hiney mate,

Yeah good to be back it's been a while haha good to see the same faces here, how have you been? Can't quite explain my absence, I guess growing up and joining the real world does that to ya haha. Had some great days on here going back 10 years or so, but I'm gonna try and come back more often now, especially with Parra and Souths going half decent these days pre covid 19 lol. We won't start with the Black Caps embarrassing tour last year as no matter how good we're going, we'll always get done by you Aussies haha.

Still shocks me how PB is a mod lol. What's doing there, not even he knows.....
lol PB runs this madhouse, someone has to keep us ruffians in line.

Latest posts