What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corona Virus and NRL Games

Bloodbath

Juniors
True that Coffs but l do like this weeks offering ...........to play Origin in October.
It should always be played after the grand final as a fitting payback for those who have played for the year, just like a Kangaroo selection process, plus, it would not upset the season and rob certain teams of their better players.
I hope it isn’t played at all.this would mean nsw would win the series.for a third year in a row.remember you only have to retain the series not win it to keep the shield.i am sure the Queenslanders would be using this year as a winning series if origin isn’t played.if they held the shield .

Banjo2014

Juniors
By the look of it Fittler is now the leading expert on Coronavirus and sport.
OK Freddy if it's all ok and there are no issues how about you put up a guarantee that if anything does go wrong you will leave the RL world forever and never be heard of again as well as paying compensation to any NRL player that does contract it.
If it's all a no brainer and the Qld premier and her heart experts are so wrong well you have nothing to worry about just put up or STFU.
Brain deads who are overt risk takers at the best of times telling medical experts what to do so as to save a floundering sport that is badly administered and willing to take all sorts of risks due to their appalling financial position.
RL is a f**king joke and is anyone else sick of "big Gal" yet?
Almost everyday there is something about Gal FMD another one with the snout well and truly in the trough.
Big Gal a close 2nd to C Smith as being a "hog" (ok a merkin) in very respect of what he can get out of the game irregardless of others.
I keep saying throw Gal Fittler and Andrew Johns in the same bin as James Graham, Anasta, Sam Burgess and Dan Ginane - it's called the boring bin - Moylan can go as well

Last edited:

LINESPEED

Juniors
I keep saying throw Gal Fittler and Andrew Johns in the same bin as James Graham, Anasta, Sam Burgess and Dan Ginane - it's called the boring bin - Moylan can go as well

And they all push the same networked barrow

- with a Waterboy sitting in it
- with a dummy in its mouth
- with a Round 3 teamsheet
- with Aitken & Lafai @ 3 & 4
- with Order restored for 2020

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Fittlers comments are solely based on the greed.
He is the SOO coach, thats his job. We face the very real prospect of no SOO this year.
No SOO = NO job for Freddie.
His "players" face no seperate SOO training, no waljs on the grass barefoot etc.
Totally just thinking of himself.

Dragon David

First Grade
Fittlers comments are solely based on the greed.
He is the SOO coach, thats his job. We face the very real prospect of no SOO this year.
No SOO = NO job for Freddie.
His "players" face no seperate SOO training, no waljs on the grass barefoot etc.
Totally just thinking of himself.
As I have said, it is all money and egos and health and safety are out the window. As you know, these footballers don't care as their health and safety go out the window anyway when they take the field and knock each other out.

So give me money and a big head everyone!!

BLM01

First Grade
It's not about hate for RL it's about brain dead ex footy players trying to invoke support at a critical time during a pandemic and at the same time critiquing / criticising people who are making decisions for the entire population not just a select few.
Remember a short time ago the NRL made a big deal about how "they have experts" advising them well those experts decided it best for the game to shut down almost immediately.
Well those "experts" got the flick and the NRL brought in new "like minded experts" and of course they are far better than the original lot aren't they??????
Flattened the curve that we have thus far but take your foot off the throat of this virus and we could very well end up a basket case and it only takes a few hundred irresponsible people to be infected for that to happen.
Remember round 2 where the game was before no crowds but people broke the rules and found "novel" ways to see a couple of the games live? Its not just about the game being responsible it also about the fan base remaining in isolation and proper self distancing so why give them cause to break the rules because nothing surer than you give some of them that chance they will certainly break them.
I am more than happy to take the advice of leading people in the medical field over any former or current league player or official so when the people that know something about Covid 19 say it OK to go back on the field I will be just as happy as the most ardent fan but surely there are more important things to consider about how to keep our nation safe at a very critical time other than when we start the RL comp.
Re big Gal well I just think he is another brain dead who is now considered an expert and is more than happy to also get his snout well and truly in the RL trough.

OT...You can look it both ways. How do you know the new experts as you call it (assuming how you come to the conclusion and know that they flicked some experts for others anyway) are not more realistic behind closed doors about this pandemic and as I said the NSW government is supportive of it...thats enough for me.
Depends which medical experts you want to listen too...not sure who you are but I certainly dont watch TV for the ones that get all the airplay to maintain the doom so as not to be 1st to be seen to be relaxed and be blamed for it. some I listen too and read are positive about where we are and the future of rolling back lockdowns
Govt's and health experts are already supporting kids going back to school after the holidays are over in 9 days.

Not everyones opinion including all the interviewed so called health experts got it and still get it right. Lets put Covid 19 in this country into perspective to researching the 2019 & 2017 flu epidemics in this country and the rate of infection and death to compare results.
If the lockdowns worked to reduce numbers great!....lets stop looking back and going what if!...and move forward. The unemployed certainly cant wait and want to get back to work.
Back to RL.....Now if a profession like them can get back on the field up and running which employs 1000's of people why should it not..and why shoot them down from being eager to do so.

I dont care if its Qantas, NRL or the club industry.
It is a positive and a good thing is it not....and what risk down the track to the NRL crew within their own bubble as proposed to the rest of us...NIL..why?:....Govt's wont let it go on if they are worried about risk to everyone...so why should anyone of us be worried and condemn those trying?
I know I am probably in the minority on this forum about this but so be it. I stand by it.

Old Timer

Coach
OT...You can look it both ways. How do you know the new experts as you call it (assuming how you come to the conclusion and know that they flicked some experts for others anyway) are not more realistic behind closed doors about this pandemic and as I said the NSW government is supportive of it...thats enough for me.
Depends which medical experts you want to listen too...not sure who you are but I certainly dont watch TV for the ones that get all the airplay to maintain the doom so as not to be 1st to be seen to be relaxed and be blamed for it. some I listen too and read are positive about where we are and the future of rolling back lockdowns
Govt's and health experts are already supporting kids going back to school after the holidays are over in 9 days.

Not everyones opinion including all the interviewed so called health experts got it and still get it right. Lets put Covid 19 in this country into perspective to researching the 2019 & 2017 flu epidemics in this country and the rate of infection and death to compare results.
If the lockdowns worked to reduce numbers great!....lets stop looking back and going what if!...and move forward. The unemployed certainly cant wait and want to get back to work.
Back to RL.....Now if a profession like them can get back on the field up and running which employs 1000's of people why should it not..and why shoot them down from being eager to do so.

I dont care if its Qantas, NRL or the club industry.
It is a positive and a good thing is it not....and what risk down the track to the NRL crew within their own bubble as proposed to the rest of us...NIL..why?:....Govt's wont let it go on if they are worried about risk to everyone...so why should anyone of us be worried and condemn those trying?
Why should we be worried you ask?
  • Those pursuing the games restart the hardest are those with the biggest vested interests
  • Countries now revising their death rates up as a result of the virus so the jury is still out as to how bad this virus is despite your insistence that it be compared to the flu which is non sensical. The flu has been around seemingly forever and the long term consequences well known. This virus has been around for 5 minutes and SFA is known about i short term or long term other than that it can kill very efficiently and quickly.
  • Ruby Princess fiasco.
  • Horrendous level of unknown sources of infection in Tasmania that has seen 2 hospitals shut down. If it can happen there it can happen here.
  • Total inability of RL played to not f**k up and break all sorts of rules despite all sorts of so called "education platforms" they have been exposed to or contracts they have signed. Face facts many RL players are dumb f**kers and incapable of grasping what serious consequences their bad behaviour has for them or society.
  • The experts trotted out originally by the NRL barely lasted a month before they were flicked in favour of others. They issued the advice to the NRL and on that basis the game was shut down by them not the government. How can they be experts one minute and flicked the next? Answer the heads of the NRL saw the disastrous financial position and are thinking only about the economics for themselves. When the medical experts from the State Governments who have been there from day 1 say it is all ok to go then that will be fine with me but f**k whit Fittler wants to bag the Qld premier for heading her health experts advice. That is just insanity.
  • We have a low infection and death rate because we obviously followed a different path with very good lock downs, reduced travel, social distancing etc etc etc why risk that now just to play a few RL games? The notion that Fittler says that the Qld premier has got it wrong and the flippant statement he made about testing her decision at the poles is just ludicrous. Test yourself at the poles on the basis of playing football just shows you how brain dead Fittler really is can you not see that?

BLM01

First Grade
How can Rugby League players, Administrators & all associated Media think they can successfully isolate & practice self distancing when they all have their noses in the same trough.
Remove their feed $$$ and watch them quickly disappear for the season.
Wont happen and how do and why can racing do it?

Dragon David

First Grade
  • Those pursuing the games restart the hardest are those with the biggest vested interests
  • Countries now revising their death rates up as a result of the virus so the jury is still out as to how bad this virus is despite your insistence that it be compared to the flu which is non sensical. The flu has been around seemingly forever and the long term consequences well known. This virus has been around for 5 minutes and SFA is known about i short term or long term other than that it can kill very efficiently and quickly.
  • Ruby Princess fiasco.
  • Horrendous level of unknown sources of infection in Tasmania that has seen 2 hospitals shut down. If it can happen there it can happen here.
  • Total inability of RL played to not f**k up and break all sorts of rules despite all sorts of so called "education platforms" they have been exposed to or contracts they have signed. Face facts many RL players are dumb f**kers and incapable of grasping what serious consequences their bad behaviour has for them or society.
  • The experts trotted out originally by the NRL barely lasted a month before they were flicked in favour of others. They issued the advice to the NRL and on that basis the game was shut down by them not the government. How can they be experts one minute and flicked the next? Answer the heads of the NRL saw the disastrous financial position and are thinking only about the economics for themselves. When the medical experts from the State Governments who have been there from day 1 say it is all ok to go then that will be fine with me but f**k whit Fittler wants to bag the Qld premier for heading her health experts advice. That is just insanity.
  • We have a low infection and death rate because we obviously followed a different path with very good lock downs, reduced travel, social distancing etc etc etc why risk that now just to play a few RL games? The notion that Fittler says that the Qld premier has got it wrong and the flippant statement he made about testing her decision at the poles is just ludicrous. Test yourself at the poles on the basis of playing football just shows you how brain dead Fittler really is can you not see that?
Well in a nutshell, this return of RL/SOO and how Freddy sees it happening and his criticism of others who say wait until the experts say it is OK, is downright ridiculous. I'm saying it again, RL is not followed by everyone in Australia is it? No! So Freddy button it. The well being and health of the millions who couldn't give a stuff about RL are the ones who should have the voice to speak out not Freddy.

TruSaint

Referee
Well in a nutshell, this return of RL/SOO and how Freddy sees it happening and his criticism of others who say wait until the experts say it is OK, is downright ridiculous. I'm saying it again, RL is not followed by everyone in Australia is it? No! So Freddy button it. The well being and health of the millions who couldn't give a stuff about RL are the ones who should have the voice to speak out not Freddy.

The longer ex players / so called RL experts continue with this rhetoric, the more damage it will do to the game in the long run. I am confident of that.

A farcical comp, in order to appease the financial board at NRL HQ, will get a temporary bump in viewership, before the masses realises no one actually gives a hoot.

A bandaid / nonsense comp, with zero value is not a priority. Period.

BLM01

First Grade
  • Ruby Princess fiasco.
I suppose OT I am not as worried as you are obviously especially where we are right now...I notice they are re opening beaches in a so called hot spot area that was the eastern Suburbs of Sydney in NSW
Well written reply..but
Point 1 - Why wouldnt they and if you were currently stood down working in RL you would be happy.
Point 2.- As i said believe what you want to take as fact and this debate is about this country. Why is it non-sensical to compare it the flu virus..when it is a strain of flu virus and contracted in a similar way?. What would be more alarming as you say the flu has been around forever and long term consequences known which is death quickly to those more vulnerable health and age wise..similar to Covid 19
And more alarming even with vaccines for certain flu strains and with Covid 19 they believe they will have vaccine for in the short to medium term anyway. So I'll debate which is worse to the heavens and back which we will agree to disagree on.
Point 3. Well which level of health and authorities of govt stuffed up there taking a she will be right approach when we were already supposedly quaranting overseas travel. Not Covid's fault..and 2 months earlier with our 1st case where was the alarming protection of our people if all this was so bad....oops sorry ScoMo forget about quarantining the people on that boat.
Point 4...Horrendous?..now you are being an alarmist. .1 tested positive out of 500 potentially exposed recently and they know who the single source was who had it and who worked across 2 hospitals and a nursing home?. They believe that person has come into contact with one other person and investigating one other person who contracted it at the other end of the state. Always corcening for those it affects but not a horrendous risk in my view.
Point 5 - If there is any risk it wont be happening and why is racing different.
Point 6 - You dont know what the NRL did and why and what advice they were getting and who from. You are guessing this for your argument so not up for debate.
As I said if there is any risk to anyone it wont kick off.
I agree.. I dont listen to Fittler at any time except when he is analysing play on field and talking footy when not trying to be a clown. He knows what he is talking about there.
Point 7 - I agree and also See Point 6 above. But they took their time to lockdown from our 1st known case which still baffles me!...due to what they knew and the media were scaring the public into hourding...toilet paper of all things.

We could go all day debating and arguing this and its clear we are both on a different page to each other which is fine....but I have enjoyed it OT...Cheers :)

BLM01

First Grade
The longer ex players / so called RL experts continue with this rhetoric, the more damage it will do to the game in the long run. I am confident of that.

A farcical comp, in order to appease the financial board at NRL HQ, will get a temporary bump in viewership, before the masses realises no one actually gives a hoot.

A bandaid / nonsense comp, with zero value is not a priority. Period.
What about the normal people behind the scenes like us who rely on the NRL for they income they will be getting from it. Lot more than the total count of players playing.
In regards to what comp it will be..maybe...but zero value why?..and it sounds like it will be 15 rounds + semis if start May 28.
How will it do damage to the game. People like you & me will love watching RL again...who knows it may not be that long after before crowds are allowed back..
I disagree....about players not giving a hoot.
Yeh not as good as the norm but...ask Newcastle or Brisbane about 1997 comp they won with 10 teams

BLM01

First Grade
Well they do and can speak out echoing their opinion. Social media is a much larger followed platform for everyone..or most of the popuktion anyway these days.

TruSaint

Referee
What about the normal people behind the scenes like us who rely on the NRL for they income they will be getting from it. Lot more than the total count of players playing.
In regards to what comp it will be..maybe...but zero value why?..and it sounds like it will be 15 rounds + semis if start May 28.
How will it do damage to the game. People like you & me will love watching RL again...who knows it may not be that long after before crowds are allowed back..
I disagree....about players not giving a hoot.
Yeh not as good as the norm but...ask Newcastle or Brisbane about 1997 comp they won with 10 teams

Agree to disagree.

Like I said, I can wait for my footy fix. As to the people behind the scenes, they will be the most affected as they have limited resources. . Players, coaches, boards will be ok. Its what happens to the peripheral that matters. There are no borders.

As to reputational damage, if it ends up the NRL in desperation to play a futile comp has jeopardised the health of even one employee / contractor / etc , then I wish them luck in court, and in the court of public opinion.

BLM01

First Grade
Agree to disagree.

Like I said, I can wait for my footy fix. As to the people behind the scenes, they will be the most affected as they have limited resources. . Players, coaches, boards will be ok. Its what happens to the peripheral that matters. There are no borders.

As to reputational damage, if it ends up the NRL in desperation to play a futile comp has jeopardised the health of even one employee / contractor / etc , then I wish them luck in court, and in the court of public opinion.
Fair enough opinions vary
afl are Confident they will be back by July and the Warriors have been given clearance to travel if comp resumes.
It sounds to me more a buoyant about it more than not. Time will tell Tru!

Coffs dragon

Bench
Wont happen and how do and why can racing do it?
Horse racing is a world wide sport of the Kings which is a massive industry driven by betting. NRL is played in 2 states of Oz plus some transplants in Vic & NZ and is a full contact body collision sport. Blokes sticking their heads between other blokes arses is not a good look whilst the rest of the world play the game of social distancing and isolating. #StopTheSpread not pack in the loose head.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
This is so very Trump..... Coronised.

———————————————-

Joke of the Week
If Trump were captain of Titanic – There isn’t any iceberg . . . There is an iceberg but it’s a small iceberg in another ocean . . . The iceberg is in this ocean but it’s a small iceberg and will melt in about three days . . . There is an iceberg but we didn’t hit the iceberg . . . We hit the iceberg but the damage will be repaired very shortly . . . I didn’t know how big the iceberg was until two weeks ago . . . The iceberg is a Chinese iceberg . . . We aren’t taking on water but every passenger who wants a lifeboat can get a lifeboat and they are beautiful lifeboats because we make the best lifeboats in the world . . . Look, passengers need to ask nicely for lifeboats if they want them . . . We don’t have any lifeboats, we’re not lifeboat distributors . . . I really don’t think we need that many lifeboats . . . The people drowning should have planned for icebergs and brought their own lifeboats . . . We have lifeboats and they’re supposed to be everyone’s lifeboats, but they’re only for people who kiss my a** . . . They are not the passengers’ lifeboats . . . The last captain of this ship didn’t leave enough lifeboats and, besides, nobody could have foreseen the iceberg.”

hazzbeen

Bench
This is so very Trump..... Coronised.

———————————————-

Joke of the Week
If Trump were captain of Titanic – There isn’t any iceberg . . . There is an iceberg but it’s a small iceberg in another ocean . . . The iceberg is in this ocean but it’s a small iceberg and will melt in about three days . . . There is an iceberg but we didn’t hit the iceberg . . . We hit the iceberg but the damage will be repaired very shortly . . . I didn’t know how big the iceberg was until two weeks ago . . . The iceberg is a Chinese iceberg . . . We aren’t taking on water but every passenger who wants a lifeboat can get a lifeboat and they are beautiful lifeboats because we make the best lifeboats in the world . . . Look, passengers need to ask nicely for lifeboats if they want them . . . We don’t have any lifeboats, we’re not lifeboat distributors . . . I really don’t think we need that many lifeboats . . . The people drowning should have planned for icebergs and brought their own lifeboats . . . We have lifeboats and they’re supposed to be everyone’s lifeboats, but they’re only for people who kiss my a** . . . They are not the passengers’ lifeboats . . . The last captain of this ship didn’t leave enough lifeboats and, besides, nobody could have foreseen the iceberg.”
Its a bit like our club and coach .....