What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10 years ago today.... The storm lost two premierships

moffla

Bench
And the only bloke who was managing his own dodgy contracts by himself, with no agent to blame his ignorance on, is the same furry buttplug that got a 10k diamond ring gifted to his wife by the league.

How the f**k do you work that out? And he wonders why everyone hates him?
Now say that without crying

King hit

Coach
I can't believe it's been 10 years since this happened it doesn't feel that long ago at all. I remember watching deal or no deal that afternoon and it kept coming up during the ads for the upcoming news. Was glued to the sport news for a long time after it.

Valheru

Coach
Award the premiership to 8th by default? nah.

Grab the 2009 ladder, pull Melbourne out of the 8 and re-play the finals using current teams under the McIntyre System as it was

Week 1
Dragons
v Wests Tigers
Bulldogs v Eels
Titans v Knights
Sea Eagles v Broncos

It's a good what if.

My first week winners are in bold. I know parra beat the dogs in week 3 but they were on a massive role by then. Under this scenario they play the dogs in week 1 a week after saints flogged them. Don't see the dogs choking.

Week 2
Titans
V Sea Eagles
Broncos V Manly

Got both home teams winning

Week 3
Saints V Broncos
Dogs
V Titans

I actually think your dogs were odds on to win the comp without Storm

There is little doubt Manly would have won in 2007 IMO though.

Walpole

Juniors
That was the same date Dragons were declared May premiers wasn't it?
Yep, that's the one. Grand Final was a beautiful sunny, Sunday afternoon at Kogarah and we rolled the Storm 34-14 in front of a capacity 19,000 crowd. Latimore wrote himself into rugby league folklore and Cam Smith needed help to walk to the team bus. Great day. Apparently the season went on for several months afterwards but I'm not sure why.

This Year?

Immortal
Yep, that's the one. Grand Final was a beautiful sunny, Sunday afternoon at Kogarah and we rolled the Storm 34-14 in front of a capacity 19,000 crowd. Latimore wrote himself into rugby league folklore and Cam Smith needed help to walk to the team bus. Great day. Apparently the season went on for several months afterwards but I'm not sure why.
I was one of the 19k there that day. I am proud to say that I almost outdone the guy who kept yelling "you're rubbish Melbourne" in the NW corner of the concourse level of the grandstand. I felt sorry for the 2 elderly Storm supporters who were sitting in front of me that had to endure the abuse that I gave their team.

Generalzod

Immortal
And the only bloke who was managing his own dodgy contracts by himself, with no agent to blame his ignorance on, is the same furry buttplug that got a 10k diamond ring gifted to his wife by the league.

Diamonds are forever I wonder where all the NRL money went..lol

Generalzod

Immortal
I was one of the 19k there that day. I am proud to say that I almost outdone the guy who kept yelling "you're rubbish Melbourne" in the NW corner of the concourse level of the grandstand. I felt sorry for the 2 elderly Storm supporters who were sitting in front of me that had to endure the abuse that I gave their team.
Oh well shit happens lol

Reflector

Juniors

Don't forget his complete lack of concern for a clearly injured player...

Perth Red

Post Whore
Even when we cheated we did it better than anyone else, other clubs have cheated just as badly and failed to win games in the process (Sharks aside who have outdone us by managing to cheat the cap, win a premiership and keep it, fair play to them!)

Latest posts