What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell’s brutal first training run

Vee

First Grade
Hands on hips, sucking in the big ones and wearing #3: Latrell’s brutal first training run

Latrell Mitchell has been pictured struggling to keep up with his teammates as the South Sydney squad returned to training on Wednesday.

Mitchell, who struggled in his first two outings at fullback for the Rabbitohs before the lockdown, was out of puff and off the pace at Redfern.

He was teamed up with Dane Gagai, Alex Johnston, Adam Reynolds and Bryson Goodwin and ran last among that group.

Curiously he also wore the No.3 training shirt while Johnston wore a No.1 jersey, although several players wore unfamiliar numbers in the morning’s session.

Mitchell has been at the centre of speculation that he will resume the season in the centres after reports Wayne Bennett would call time on his ill-fated experiment at fullback.

Souths skipper Reynolds praised Mitchell’s attitude despite a tough first outing, and compared him to Michael Jordan when sharing his concern over the media scrutiny he attracts.

“He’s been positive. We need to give him a rest. The media keep chasing him up. I’d hate to see us lose Latrell through all the media pressure. He’s just a kid,” Reynolds told reporters on a Zoom call Wednesday.

“We need to give him a bit of space. I’m not worried about him leaving the game, but he’s a human being, if you keep knocking him and chasing him wherever he goes.

“It happened to Michael Jordan. He’s made some mistakes. He’s constantly scrutinised by the media and I think it’s unfair,” Reynolds continued.

“He’s on the front page of the paper seven days a week. If it was another player he wouldn’t be on the front page.

“I don’t think it’s fair that journos can turn up to his front door and harass him. He’s coming in here all bubbly. We’ve just been trying to cheer him up at training.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/dbe9ebd0a33bdd84203015608e78c4fe

I searched for a Mitchell thread, surprised I couldn't find one.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Sometimes I wonder with journos, whether they just shave chimps down, get them to hold microphones then bash words randomly into a keyboard.

Curiously he also wore the No.3 training shirt while Johnston wore a No.1 jersey, although several players wore unfamiliar numbers in the morning’s session.

So it's not curious at all then is it, Mr Chimp.

And they should lay the f**k off going to his house and constantly writing about him. It's hardly late breaking news that Latrell is unfit. We know he did dumb shit up north. Now he's training. End of story.

TheFrog

Coach
Media descended on Albury as well and took pics of Addo-Carr. Only Cleary of the social distancing big 3 appears to have escaped scrutiny. Maybe security is better at the Academy.

Exsilium

First Grade
An unfit, overweight Latrell Mitchell.

You’ll be reading about that for years to come.

carcharias

Immortal
He’s on the front page of the paper seven days a week. If it was another player he wouldn’t be on the front page

I don’t buy newspapers but I find this hard to believe.

Vee

First Grade
He’s on the front page of the paper seven days a week. If it was another player he wouldn’t be on the front page

I don’t buy newspapers but I find this hard to believe.
Perhaps if he didn't keep putting a big target on himself...