What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell’s brutal first training run

Sonny83

Juniors
Leave the poor fella alone. If true the media rocking up to his private properties then I'd welcome him to put up No Trespassing sign and release the dogs on them.

I want to RL media to go hard on Latrell until he ends up like Laidley.

Then they can all be happy. And wonder why he became the way he has and crucify him further.

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 8.25.38 am.png

Vic Mackey

Referee
Give him shit for the camping with his mob crap for sure, and also if he stinks it up on the field. However the only people who should be concerned about his conditioning on day 1 of pre season is the South Sydney coaching staff. Pretty pathetic by the media, even more so that no one has the guts to put their name to it.

typicalfan

Coach
They are just bullying the poor bloke now.

As a roosters fan I was disappointed with the way he evidently handled his contract talks but this is just getting ridiculous.

Do they want him to leave the game for good?
He handled it no differently than a lot of players handle it but the media treat him differently this is the issue. Shown again here.

YoHadrian

Juniors
Athlete not fit after not training or playing for a while.

shocked-meme-gif-5.gif

big hit!

Bench
Mitchell isn't a workhorse. He's not going to give you repeat efforts with short breaks at high-intensity. he isn't going to keep tackling and running for 80 mins like Josh Jackson. he's not going to win at conditioning drills. what he provides is two or three max-intensity or high skill moments which can win a game. this is why he should be at left centre outside walker, and let him do what he'll do best.

and for that matter, Murray needs to go back into the middle. his quick play-the-ball is most effective here, not sitting on the edge as a ball runner. Yeah souths are short on edges, but taking away a main strength to fill a weakness is a head-scratcher. it also goes against the current trend of putting a bigger, powerful ball runner on the edge to run at opposition halves

moffla

Bench
He's taken a few wrong turns, granted... but not once has he hit a woman, slept with an underage girl or gotten drunk and hit a police officer. The attention that he is getting is not warranted when you compare his crime to some of the others that are floating about in the competition.

This isn't the excuse his poor behaviour but I think it's gotten a bit overboard now. Hoping he kills it when NRL rolls around again

some11

Referee
He's taken a few wrong turns, granted... but not once has he hit a woman, slept with an underage girl or gotten drunk and hit a police officer. The attention that he is getting is not warranted when you compare his crime to some of the others that are floating about in the competition.

This isn't the excuse his poor behaviour but I think it's gotten a bit overboard now. Hoping he kills it when NRL rolls around again
He is a high profile recruit who, like Inglis, showed up at Souths unfit and overweight.

Unless you want to end up like Dave Taylor being mercilessly mocked for not being in the right capacity to do your job, maybe the answer is to work as hard as possible to get yourself out of that situation.

Media descended on Albury as well and took pics of Addo-Carr. Only Cleary of the social distancing big 3 appears to have escaped scrutiny. Maybe security is better at the Academy.

I can think of one obvious distinction between Cleary and the other two, which is probably why the media left him alone.

typicalfan

Coach
Should've used the time off to get in shape to correct the mistakes of not actually training during pre-season no?
Nothing replicates the fitness required to play otherwise who would need preseason. Just because he is a step behind now doesnt mean he won't be ready to go when the season recommences

Chimp

Juniors
Sometimes I wonder with journos, whether they just shave chimps down, get them to hold microphones then bash words randomly into a keyboard.

Curiously he also wore the No.3 training shirt while Johnston wore a No.1 jersey, although several players wore unfamiliar numbers in the morning’s session.

So it's not curious at all then is it, Mr Chimp.

And they should lay the f**k off going to his house and constantly writing about him. It's hardly late breaking news that Latrell is unfit. We know he did dumb shit up north. Now he's training. End of story.

Hey....... That’s uncalled for!