What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

hellteam

First Grade
Re-purposing the Mariners brand aside (a bit of a long-shot), that mint, black and white colour scheme *HAS* to happen in the NRL. Whether it's Brisbane 2, Tasmania, NZ2 or whatever.

It's so distinctive & appealing to the eye.. even without seeing a jersey.

Agreed, Western United have similar in the a-league and it looks great.

flippikat

Bench
Agreed, Western United have similar in the a-league and it looks great.

as do South Canterbury in the 2nd tier of NZ provincial rugby union.

images

kdalymc

Bench
The only concern would be encroaching on South Australia’s state AFL team - red with a blue and gold V.
A team that plays once every 20 years.. f**k em

But yeah I reckon red with blue Vee, bit more yellow. Blue shorts. Done

sempmrh

Juniors
A team that plays once every 20 years.. f**k em

But yeah I reckon red with blue Vee, bit more yellow. Blue shorts. Done

Back in 2014 the Crows were going to wear the state jumper for a game and people lost their minds, basically saying that the jumper didn’t belong to them and that it was inappropriate for them to wear it. I understand the ‘f**k ‘em’ approach but if the Rams were to return and wear a red jersey they probably should avoid making it too much like the South Australian jumper.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Red, blue and gold are South Australia’s sporting colours. A red dominant Rams in Adelaide would set them apart from the Crows and 36ers while still acknowledging the state colours. The only concern would be encroaching on South Australia’s state AFL team - red with a blue and gold V.

I actually think this subtle like to the state jumper would be a positive. It is distinct enough not to confuse fans, yet would feel familiar.

Like Swans coming to Sydney with a jumper almost identical to Sydney RLs most famous strip.....

greenBV4

Bench
Back in 2014 the Crows were going to wear the state jumper for a game and people lost their minds, basically saying that the jumper didn’t belong to them and that it was inappropriate for them to wear it. I understand the ‘f**k ‘em’ approach but if the Rams were to return and wear a red jersey they probably should avoid making it too much like the South Australian jumper.
A lot of that backlash was because they were wearing it against port Adelaide though wasn't it? and it came across as undermining

Im sure Cowboys fans wouldn't be too pleased if the Broncos wore a replica maroons jersey in a Qld derby

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
A lot of that backlash was because they were wearing it against port Adelaide though wasn't it? and it came across as undermining

Im sure Cowboys fans wouldn't be too pleased if the Broncos wore a replica maroons jersey in a Qld derby

Pretty much it.

NQLD wearing the old rep jumper was fine
YL1uyBBPMCRKViy1OdiGZVGdeQhbWtPzXqKkFghJ2QEHCZw8WyJhYyXA0wio5GlUFfdjZxREnkIhtWCd25yOjGVx7Vp0I6J9qOP_8JKkWskDU2NsqZRodV4qfZSx0V7da8MWJYEEBiNXupdh0ATGIZG19IRhaFM

Broncos wearing the QLD jersey would be crazy, BUT the Broncos definitely had the Maroons in mind when the were designing their Main strip

Pretty much it.

NQLD wearing the old rep jumper was fine
YL1uyBBPMCRKViy1OdiGZVGdeQhbWtPzXqKkFghJ2QEHCZw8WyJhYyXA0wio5GlUFfdjZxREnkIhtWCd25yOjGVx7Vp0I6J9qOP_8JKkWskDU2NsqZRodV4qfZSx0V7da8MWJYEEBiNXupdh0ATGIZG19IRhaFM

Broncos wearing the QLD jersey would be crazy, BUT the Broncos definitely had the Maroons in mind when the were designing their Main strip

Broncos original idea was red/maroon and blue like original Aust jumpers (think 2008 ANZAC DAY test) but the Knights beat em to it and Arko loved the Knights design so told Broncos find something else.

EX5zRvGWsAEfztS

https://www.xilesport.com/blogs/news/xile-sport-partner-with-belgium-rugby-league-association
Xile Sport Limited are delighted to announce our latest partnership. Following recent negotiations, Xile Sport can confirm that we have now become Official Sportswear Partner of Belgium Rugby League.

The agreement will see Xile supply the Belgian national team with on field and off field wear for the next year as well as hosting an online shop which will promote Belgium Rugby League garments.

Founded in 2019, Xile Sports is a growing manufacturer of team and leisurewear with a strong link to rugby league in Ireland.

Xile Sport recently announced a partnership with Ghana Skolars and now expand their reach with this partnership with Belgium Rugby League.

Belgium Rugby League Director Zakaria Zoubir said “BRLA is pleased to be able to conclude this partnership with the Xile Sport brand.

As president of the Belgium Rugby League, I really appreciated the dynamism and the professionalism of their teams from the development of this collaboration to the finalization of the Golden Lions collection in order to be able to resume our international activities in the best way in terms of equipment on and off the field.”

Conor Kelly, Xile Sport Managing Director, said: “Xile Sport is very privileged to have secured a deal to be the official teamwear partner of Belgium Rugby League.”

“We believe that this partnership can help grow both our brand and that of the Belgian national team, the Golden Lions. This is the start of a great partnership for both organisations. We look forward to seeing the sport of rugby league growing in Belgium”

Broncos original idea was red/maroon and blue like original Aust jumpers (think 2008 ANZAC DAY test) but the Knights beat em to it and Arko loved the Knights design so told Broncos find something else.
I'm surprised (to a degree) that the Broncos didn't go for something similar to the Combined Brisbane jerseys from the AMCO Cup days, or used something similar for retro round.

Re-purposing the Mariners brand aside (a bit of a long-shot), that mint, black and white colour scheme *HAS* to happen in the NRL. Whether it's Brisbane 2, Tasmania, NZ2 or whatever.

It's so distinctive & appealing to the eye.. even without seeing a jersey.
I'm surprised the dark green and white combo (St Mary's, Ipswich, etc) hasn't made it to the top flight of any sport in Aust. Very simple yet distinctive.

I'm surprised the dark green and white combo (St Mary's, Ipswich, etc) hasn't made it to the top flight of any sport in Aust. Very simple yet distinctive.

Randwick RU’s colours but club rugby isn’t top flight any more.

Green is a completely overlooked sporting team colour in Australia, Apart from Souths and Canberra, I’ve never understood why. Completely absent on all other account apart from maybe the Warriors, but they change colours regularly

PS - BBL doesn’t count.

greenBV4

Bench

Green is a completely overlooked sporting team colour in Australia, Apart from Souths and Canberra, I’ve never understood why. Completely absent on all other account apart from maybe the Warriors, but they change colours regularly

PS - BBL doesn’t count.
western united (a-league) and SE Phoenix (nbl) both use green (and are both very recent additions). But I agree its a great underused colour an NRL expansion side could use

flippikat

Bench

PS - BBL doesn’t count.

Maybe some subconscious aversion to using the colour of national sports teams? *shrugs*

Mind you, there's precious few teams here in New Zealand that wear green - aside from teams that represent Manawatu province (traditional colours green & white).