What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ALAN JONES

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Willow, I interviewed Alan Jones there for the university paper in 1989.. You should have seen the decor. It was like he'd got Joan Collins in to do the renovations.

He offered me a pikelet. I overheard a phone call he had with someone which I will not go into. I wasn't eavesdropping: I was right there and he said what he said anyway.
I am genuinely impressed. Honi Soit?

"Would you like a pikelet?" lol. Sounds nice. Did you accept the offering?

I've only met people who have met Alan Jones. That's close enough for me.

I'm told one of his greatest skills was that he knew how to 'work the room'.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Willow, I interviewed Alan Jones there for the university paper in 1989.. You should have seen the decor. It was like he'd got Joan Collins in to do the renovations.

He offered me a pikelet. I overheard a phone call he had with someone which I will not go into. I wasn't eavesdropping: I was right there and he said what he said anyway.
Come on man, don’t leave us hanging as to the details...

Did you accept the pikelet?

Before he left, Israel gave a sermon on pikelets once:

“ Those who stir the batter for too long will go to hell”

“ When a man offers you a pikelet, it is sin.“

“Those who are tempted and eat a pikelet are irredeemable”

Thence he set up a go fund me page for crumpet.

Classic :joy: But I must ask Silverdale, did the dead shoe salesman manage to sell you a new pair of boots ?

I can’t stand his voice, his arguments are for 12 year olds.

He’s someone if you saw hitchhiking, you’d slow down for and just as he reached the passenger door, you’d drive off and yell “f**kwit!”

I read some of the excerpts.

Jones had and has a form of chronic disturbed sleeping pattern. Most people crash at night ( or day for shift workers) whereas he splits his sleep into 2 lots each 24 hour period. Early afternoon and then a couple of hours at night for years and years and years.

So it was theorised that his mind is wired quite differently and a kind of hyper sensitivity emerged during his waking hours.

I don’t know how it effected his views on things, but I suspect the regime has to change with age.

So he’s been up and about for hours by the time he gets to air, he’s conducting electricity.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Come on man, don’t leave us hanging as to the details...

Did you accept the pikelet?
Oh dear Alan Jones I was working for TOWN and COUNTRY furniture when Mr Jones purchased a LARGE WHITE LEATHER lounge suite it was delivered to his apartment block on the north shore . unfortunately it was too big to go in the lift ..well, well what next .Mr Jones gets I large crane and duly lifts it into his penthouse . Well done Alan .

emu62

Juniors
Alan Who? Alan Jones. The guy who supported Pauline Hanson's rise, incited race riots in Cronulla, threatens physical violence against women, denies climate change and oh yeh.....was arrested in London for indecent behavior in a public toilet. He has been a shit-stain on the landscape of this country for too long.
I suspect that there is a part of Alan Jones that he hates and fears in himself. And that is why he hates so well.

You forgot - love letters to a 14 year old boy

https://www.smh.com.au/national/the-demons-that-drive-alan-jones-20061021-gdone7.html

This is the best piss take of Jones ever, love Pickering's work,

He always dresses like he’s off to an engagement party or baby shower.

He’s always been one of these people who talk a lot but have little to say.

Standing up for the battler with his large white leather lounge.

“ An amazing crane listeners, I recall seeing one like that in Glasgow when we beat the scot’s 24-15”

“ the prime minister needs a crane shoved down his throat”

SBD82

Coach
I read some of the excerpts.

Jones had and has a form of chronic disturbed sleeping pattern. Most people crash at night ( or day for shift workers) whereas he splits his sleep into 2 lots each 24 hour period. Early afternoon and then a couple of hours at night for years and years and years.

So it was theorised that his mind is wired quite differently and a kind of hyper sensitivity emerged during his waking hours.

I don’t know how it effected his views on things, but I suspect the regime has to change with age.

So he’s been up and about for hours by the time he gets to air, he’s conducting electricity.
Sleeping through the night in western culture has only been the norm since affordable lighting became accessible to common folk.

In medieval England people generally slept after the sun went down, got up in the middle of the night and slept again until morning.

Of course, in England the night is much longer. If you slept the entirety of darkness you would spend a significant chunk of your life sleeping.

Last edited:
The end of the radio career and therefore a great deal of his influence.

A reasonable conclusion to be drawn is that he’s seriously ill. I’m not for him passing away early.

So he’s going to have to adjust to life post-game so to speak.

I suppose he could still do his “comments” section once a week or something.

In my opinion, stating that Gillards late father “ died of shame” was beneath contempt and 40% of his advertisers agreed with me by pulling their advertising. She’s never forgiven him-didn’t accept his apology and as hopeless a pm as she was, I can’t blame her. It was probably at that time, he should have been ostracised from polite society because it’s a shockingly dark and malicious thing to say to anyone. It’s sick and twisted.

Last week he said some good things about helping overseas students stuck here with no money and being unable to work like they used to. He prefers landcare over fracking. He’s been very personally generous to complete strangers. He’s trying to put young people in the public eye.

I suppose you can wield power for good causes if you want to.

Hes probably writing his book, setting up a scholarship program etc. I am sure he wants to be remembered kindly.

He towers over Hadley intellectually.

Interesting how both of them have been accused of being workplace bullies. I blame their employers for their continued tenure. At least the bbc sacked that top gear flog.

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
The end of the radio career and therefore a great deal of his influence.

A reasonable conclusion to be drawn is that he’s seriously ill. I’m not for him passing away early.

So he’s going to have to adjust to life post-game so to speak.

I suppose he could still do his “comments” section once a week or something.

In my opinion, stating that Gillards late father “ died of shame” was beneath contempt and 40% of his advertisers agreed with me by pulling their advertising. She’s never forgiven him-didn’t accept his apology and as hopeless a pm as she was, I can’t blame her. It was probably at that time, he should have been ostracised from polite society because it’s a shockingly dark and malicious thing to say to anyone. It’s sick and twisted.

Last week he said some good things about helping overseas students stuck here with no money and being unable to work like they used to. He prefers landcare over fracking. He’s been very personally generous to complete strangers. He’s trying to put young people in the public eye.

I suppose you can wield power for good causes if you want to.

Hes probably writing his book, setting up a scholarship program etc. I am sure he wants to be remembered kindly.

He towers over Hadley intellectually.

Interesting how both of them have been accused of being workplace bullies. I am blame their employers for their continued tenure. At least the bbc sacked that top gear flog.

With respect, f**k him and any legacy he hopes for.

The Gillard comment didn't come out of nowhere. It was no "gaffe". It was well thought out and scripted, and showed a total lack of human empathy.

He's a divisive, egomaniac.

Farewell and f**k off I say.

Latest posts