What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ESPN Documentary - The Last Dance

Eelementary

Post Whore
Jordan - with the force of the Pistons the defence (full on Defence like 80's League) Jordan still scored 50+ I think one time 60...like

Be like Mike..Lol!

I was a teenager then and reboot of the Bulls. After training we would get on the basketball court in Sydney - I was crap...though could pass well. In some respect, I think it helped our footy...some knock-ons but you get my drift.

If Lebron get's 2 comps - he'll better then Mike...I doubt he can do that.

I'm not saying Mike wasn't great, because he most certainly was.

I think Kareem Abdul-Jabbar said it best - he said he finds it frustrating that he's not in the GOAT discussion; he could do things MJ couldn't, and vice versa.

wilco44

Juniors
I'm not saying Mike wasn't great, because he most certainly was.

I think Kareem Abdul-Jabbar said it best - he said he finds it frustrating that he's not in the GOAT discussion; he could do things MJ couldn't, and vice versa.
He had Magic halfway through his career with the Lakers. Pippen was great, not Magic though. lol!
Jordan the best ever. Just....

Eelementary

Post Whore
He had Magic halfway through his career with the Lakers. Pippen was great, not Magic though. lol!
Jordan the best ever. Just....

The NBA has gifted us so many brilliant, brilliant players over the years:

Shaquille O'Neal
Kobe Bryant
LeBron James
James Harden
Steph Curry
James Worthy (maybe not an all-time great, but next to Magic Johnson, my all-time favourite player)
Magic Johnson
Larry Bird
Isaiah Thomas
Allen Iverson
Michael Jordan
Scottie Pippen
Dennis Rodman

And tonnes, and tonnes more!

As a go-to guy under pressure, MJ was undeniably clutch - he was an absolute freak. I loved watching him play.

I am currently in awe of LeBron - his vision, his shooting ability, his driving ability...he combines power, speed, agility, and vision. He is such a complete player - how can a guy his size move like he does? It's insane.

But one thing we can all agree on - NBA basketball is an awesome, awesome sport.

wilco44

Juniors
The NBA has gifted us so many brilliant, brilliant players over the years:

Shaquille O'Neal
Kobe Bryant
LeBron James
James Harden
Steph Curry
James Worthy (maybe not an all-time great, but next to Magic Johnson, my all-time favourite player)
Magic Johnson
Larry Bird
Isaiah Thomas
Allen Iverson
Michael Jordan
Scottie Pippen
Dennis Rodman

And tonnes, and tonnes more!

As a go-to guy under pressure, MJ was undeniably clutch - he was an absolute freak. I loved watching him play.

I am currently in awe of LeBron - his vision, his shooting ability, his driving ability...he combines power, speed, agility, and vision. He is such a complete player - how can a guy his size move like he does? It's insane.

But one thing we can all agree on - NBA basketball is an awesome, awesome sport.

"how can a guy his size move like he does?"

Your words -- Jordan 6,6 and Lebron 6,9 ....Jordan for many years until the fadeaway jumper..the best ..he drives through the middle with big Centres and then - fouls weren't fullon.

Eelementary

Post Whore
"how can a guy his size move like he does?"

Your words -- Jordan 6,6 and Lebron 6,9 ....Jordan for many years until the fadeaway jumper..the best ..he drives through the middle with big Centres and then - fouls weren't fullon.

Michael Jordan was also listed at 216lbs for most of his career; LeBron at 250lbs.

There's no denying MJ's silky-smooth movement, but LeBron is considerably larger, and just glides on the court.

wilco44

Juniors
Michael Jordan was also listed at 216lbs for most of his career; LeBron at 250lbs.

There's no denying MJ's silky-smooth movement, but LeBron is considerably larger, and just glides on the court.
Height is a great advantage in Basketball more than League. I never grew after 16 years old...I still blame my Mother - full-on smoker in the 70's :p
That's alright - you have KAJ the best. I don't...we'll agree to disagree mate. I watch at the end of his career though.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Height is a great advantage in Basketball more than League. I never grew after 16 years old...I still blame my Mother - full-on smoker in the 70's :p
That's alright - you have KAJ the best. I don't...we'll agree to disagree mate. I watch at the end of his career though.

No, no - I was just quoting what Kareem said.

Personally, I can't split MJ, and LeBron:

* MJ is the dictionary definition of clutch, and a true perfectionist, and he revolutionised the way we saw players play

* LeBron is the most complete basketballer I've ever seen - big enough to be a force in D, and dominate in the paint, but with great vision, and a soft touch

If have MJ ahead of LeBron, but if LeBron can snag another Championship, or two...

But both are/were unbelievable athletes.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't think LeBron is the GOAT - but I don't think he's far off, imo.

But I loved what the article said - MJ is MJ, LeBron is LeBron. MJ is the GOAT, but LeBron is the most perfect basketballer ever seen.

I think it does both legends justice.

I'd love to see LeBron win a few more Championships, not just as a Lakers fan, but also to see one of the best ever players win more accolades.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
It will always be hard to compare, as Different era’s are just that, totally different, The Bulls would struggle in todays league, but as would most of Lebron’s besides his Heat stint back then.