What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox virtual audio

Virtual Audio; yay or nay?

• Love it

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Hate it

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Pump it right up when Kevin Walters speaks

Votes: 11 22.4%

• Total voters

azza29

Juniors
Hearing it in action tonight, sounds fine to me. Could take it or leave it though, but better than those awkward "home viewer" webcams they had going in round two.

YoHadrian

Juniors
In this game the audio seems to surge louder for no reason at all. It's not correlating with what's happening on the field which makes it way to contrived. Sounds ridiculous.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
That's correct if you're talking about AFL.

Rugba Leeg is regularly played in front of f**kall fans. We're a TV game.

Hahah, I love this line. It is the most depressing copout.

"Oh yeh, RL doesnt get crowds because we dont want them. It is totally deliberate that we sit in empty stadiums. TV GAME!!!!"

sempmrh

Juniors
I can do without the little team-specific sound effects that play when a team scores. There seems to be a chime sound when there’s six again as well.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Can we get a poll running on this? Keen to see if people are for or against as a %.

Personally, I feel like it's a big shock to the general fan base. Lots of people against it. But I feel like it does enhance the experience. Watching round 2 with no crowd noise had a pretty big negative impact I thought.

They could tinker with it by decreasing its volume.

AJB1102

First Grade
Hahah, I love this line. It is the most depressing copout.

"Oh yeh, RL doesnt get crowds because we dont want them. It is totally deliberate that we sit in empty stadiums. TV GAME!!!!"

That's not even close to what I said or in context with the quote I replied to.

But personally I'll take the couch over the stadium.

sempmrh

Juniors
The crowd noise sounds authentic enough but I think it needs to be mixed better. Sometimes it comes in too hot and sounds unnatural.