What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kayo Sports

mongoose

Coach
Haven't had any issues with it. Stream and video quality is really good. Happy with it so far. I am lucky enough to have a very fast cable connection for internet though.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yeah. The App is the key.. Never issues with that but desktop version is unwatchable

I haven’t tried it in a browser. Very slick on the iPhone app and connects to my 55” tv via hdmi fine and still looks good. And my ADSL connection is pretty rubbish.

some11

Referee
Streams fine on my laptop in browser and on the Telstra TV box out the front for an old flatscreen, however the Kayo App for our Sony Android TV stutters..

Might try to find a cheap Telstra TV2 for it, for some reason those boxes stream foxtel's shit perfectly.

franklin2323

Immortal
I haven’t tried it in a browser. Very slick on the iPhone app and connects to my 55” tv via hdmi fine and still looks good. And my ADSL connection is pretty rubbish.

I was using the xbox in a spare room. It is fine if you watch a replay but around the peak times or watching Live sucks. No issue with the App so will stick to that

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Streams fine on my laptop in browser and on the Telstra TV box out the front for an old flatscreen, however the Kayo App for our Sony Android TV stutters..

Might try to find a cheap Telstra TV2 for it, for some reason those boxes stream foxtel's shit perfectly.

The smart TV app has only just been released, probably still has some kinks to iron out.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Signed up for the 14 day trial last week

Working well on the Sony Smart TV app but had it crash while I was casting on my other normal (not smart TV) TV via Chromecast.

Was just wondering if it would be worthwhile investing in Chromecast ultra to prevent it from crashing? Thanks

Parra

Referee
I was using the xbox in a spare room. It is fine if you watch a replay but around the peak times or watching Live sucks. No issue with the App so will stick to that

This has been my experience. Casting from my phone via chromecast. For live footy it was a pain. No crashes, however there were delays and the picture quality was not as good as the same channel Fox HD. Useful for replays . Not for live sport. Use the same method to stream Stan with generally no problems. Nothing that can't be tolerated anyway.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Signed up for the 14 day trial last week

Working well on the Sony Smart TV app but had it crash while I was casting on my other normal (not smart TV) TV via Chromecast.

Was just wondering if it would be worthwhile investing in Chromecast ultra to prevent it from crashing? Thanks

If your just doing that. Buy someone's old Telstra TV box. Plenty going for cheap.

Hi guys,

troubleshooting help if anyone knows..

Signed up to Kayo today, all was working on app in first instance, watching NRL etc..

now I’ve reopened the app all I get is this error message... :rage:.. hate when only option is “OK” coz it’s not ok..

Can anyone help/has resolved previously?

My mobile is Telstra. If tried with and without WIFI on (which is also Telstra), and I’ve restarted my phone, twice now...

Many thanks in advance for help. Hating this already!

Attachments

• 696C7FB7-F267-45C6-AEED-1F5DAD8B4569.jpeg
    696C7FB7-F267-45C6-AEED-1F5DAD8B4569.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 4

T-Boon

Coach
Hi guys,

troubleshooting help if anyone knows..

Signed up to Kayo today, all was working on app in first instance, watching NRL etc..

now I’ve reopened the app all I get is this error message... :rage:.. hate when only option is “OK” coz it’s not ok..

Can anyone help/has resolved previously?

My mobile is Telstra. If tried with and without WIFI on (which is also Telstra), and I’ve restarted my phone, twice now...

Many thanks in advance for help. Hating this already!

I am on day 2 and yep I am getting the same.
I am just hitting the back button and hitting start from live and it only costs me 10 seconds. IN all honesty it is better than the buffering I was getting on fox now. But if it keeps up I will not be continuing passed the free period.

I am on day 2 and yep I am getting the same.
I am just hitting the back button and hitting start from live and it only costs me 10 seconds. IN all honesty it is better than the buffering I was getting on fox now. But if it keeps up I will not be continuing passed the free period.

Thanks mate.

I’m a simple man with simple needs and simple requests. I just want things to work.

I’ll keep trying to reboot...

yes at least it’s a trial period for me too.

Pommy

Coach
I had an issue where I couldn’t select myself as a user, created an extra user and it’s been fine since.

I had an issue where I couldn’t select myself as a user, created an extra user and it’s been fine since.

yeah I got prompted to make another user..

Eventually it started working again. Actually really like the app.. ended up watching highlights from the 93/94 West Indies test series, and the Adelaide test we lost by a single run.

But I’ll like it as long as it works though.

Thanks all.

Pommy

Coach
Honestly, I’m happy to pay $13 more a month for my fox connection on multiple devices.

And then another $11 for HD in 2020, and paying for it whilst Covid was on and they were showing marble racing?

last night was a bit of a disaster but it would take more than that for me to switch back to Foxtel.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
And then another $11 for HD in 2020, and paying for it whilst Covid was on and they were showing marble racing?

last night was a bit of a disaster but you it would take more than that for me to switch back to Foxtel.

I have Kayo and had the same issues but other apps were down too. KFC and Coles was also unable to work from 1st hand experience

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Watched a couple of games this weekend with no dramas. Also found another useful app to use in conjunction with it if you don’t have a chromecast or AppleTV/Telstra TV. A mob called Airbeam make mirroring apps to let you wirelessly mirror your phone to a whole different bunch of smart TV brands, grabbed the Panasonic one for $7.99 and it worked well, much less of a pain than having to have my phone cabled to the TV. Nice video quality, does get very slightly choppy when there’s a lot og close up motion but not enough to be off putting.

roofromoz

First Grade
Streaming it via Chromecast myself since the restart. No major problems so far apart from some buffering.

Pommy

Coach
Anyone having dramas tonight? Using an Apple TV and it’s stop start. My internet speed seems fine 46.6mbps
never had many problems until covid hit. Frustratingly the adverts seem to be fine.