What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

Kilkenny

Coach
Like many Panther fans it was sort of disappointing when Bryce left given he was a superstar in the junior ranks. At the same time he flattered to deceive for the most part in the seniors and always lacked the one true attribute needed to truly succeed in the NRL and that is ticker, heart, mongrel call it what you want but sadly Bryce doesn’t have it. I’m not sure where his career is headed but I think it is in free fall and his days are numbered sadly. Hope I’m wrong.

Kilkenny

Coach
The 4 former Panthers in the Eels lineup last night all contributed. I haven’t looked the players stats but I thought RCG had a pretty decent game and Jennings/Blake/Sivo all scored tries. Sivo was rocks and diamonds with a couple of handling errors, mistakes and a poor miss on Staggs which led to a long break for the Bronco’s but his try was a great finish. The Eels were pretty impressive I thought.

The 4 former Panthers in the Eels lineup last night all contributed. I haven’t looked the players stats but I thought RCG had a pretty decent game and Jennings/Blake/Sivo all scored tries. Sivo was rocks and diamonds with a couple of handling errors, mistakes and a poor miss on Staggs which led to a long break for the Bronco’s but his try was a great finish. The Eels were pretty impressive I thought.

At one stage of the game, in the 2nd half, RCG was on top of the list in terms of metres gained, by a considerable margin. Where the FIRETRUCK was that last year?!?

mxlegend99

Referee
Just looked his stats up. By far his best in a long time

18 runs for 204m gained. 4 tackle breaks. 16 tackles for 1 missed tackle.

More metres than any Broncos player... And more than twice as many as every Broncos forward aside from Haas and Carrigan.

In the Eels team only forward to make more metres was Lane.

Every time a player leaves any club for a new club, there’s a 90% chance they play their backsides off, they start getting high on tables of accomplishment, end up in finals and a spot in the emerging SOO group or young Samoans or something.

You can put your house on it.

They should pay a 10% contract fee to the old club for being a “muppet without cause.” At least a suspension for a few games as a warning to other parasitical loafers.

Kilkenny

Coach

More metres than any Broncos player... And more than twice as many as every Broncos forward aside from Haas and Carrigan.

Pretty impressive, I thought he went well.

Kilkenny

Coach
At one stage of the game, in the 2nd half, RCG was on top of the list in terms of metres gained, by a considerable margin. Where the FIRETRUCK was that last year?!?

I guess in his last two seasons with us he was averaging 10 hit ups for 90 metres per game.

Good luck to him, he clearly needed a fresh environment and I guess we needed the cash even if we are as suggested paying part of his salary for this current season.

Kilkenny

Coach
I thought the Michael Jennings try early in the second half, which was terrific as he had a lot of work to do, was a major turning point in and probably ensured there was no way back for the Broncos. It’s hard to believe he is 32 years young and has been gone from us for over 8 seasons now? It seem’s like yesterday when he got dropped for turning up to training still under the weather from a few too many beers the night before and Gould made him walk the ground after a game giving out free tickets if I remember correctly.

He has had a terrific club and representative career and still offers something even if he no longer possesses the explosive pace he had in his time with us. I still remember that try for us against the Eels at our stadium when he picked up the ball in our in goal and run the length of the field to score. He was special back in the day.

franklin2323

Immortal

63% does that.

comeback to when he does it in a 50/50 contest. He is a flat track bully

The_Frog

First Grade
They've got a good enough team on paper to do very very well, but what puts me off them is the number of players they have picked up who've left other clubs under bad circumstances. Although they occupy one of the game's greatest heartlands they are a team almost wholly made up of players developed elsewhere and when the chips are down, IMHO this will count against them.

The yak

Juniors
I would like to see RCG do that week after week before I got too excited.

The Broncos pack was soft, (apart from Hass and Carrigan). No Fifita and that loose cannon TPJ. A nice dry track up there.
Lodge coming back from injury, who was only on the field for about 5 minutes during RCG's time. Hmm.

RCG ran nearly 150 metres last year for us against the Knights. A couple of weeks later he couldn't even crack 50 metres against the Titans.

Let see how he goes next week and the week after. Round 6 and 7 against the Roosters and Canberra will be a good test for him. After his grudge match against us.

franklin2323

Immortal
I would like to see RCG do that week after week before I got too excited.

The Broncos pack was soft, (apart from Hass and Carrigan). No Fifita and that loose cannon TPJ. A nice dry track up there.
Lodge coming back from injury, who was only on the field for about 5 minutes during RCG's time. Hmm.

RCG ran nearly 150 metres last year for us against the Knights. A couple of weeks later he couldn't even crack 50 metres against the Titans.

Let see how he goes next week and the week after. Round 6 and 7 against the Roosters and Canberra will be a good test for him. After his grudge match against us.

They have played Bulldogs, GC and a weakened Broncos. Hardly quality

he is ave 114m a game. Sits 61st in the comp. 20th for props

So same same from him so far