What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

‘He’s a coward’: Spud declares war on Gal

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/cdd96bc54d02a655aa3be188bc492052
Champion enforcer Mark “Spudd” Carroll has hit back in an ugly war of words with Paul Gallen as the pair trade verbal barbs over suspended Cronulla Sharks rookie Bronson Xerri.
The ugly feud has erupted after Carroll telephoned 2GB host Mark Levy to congratulate him on penning a column stipulating Xerri should be banned for life after testing positive to a cocktail of performance-enhancing supplements.

Kayo is your ticket to the 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership. Watch every game Live & On-Demand with no-ad breaks during play. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

Round 4

775316_640x360_large_20200602075222.jpg

Hunt cops spray from Spudd

1:04
Carroll, who played seven State of Origin matches for NSW and 12 Tests for Australia, initially told Levy: “I just want to have a go about what you’re saying on Bronson Xerri.

“I can’t believe this kid did this and now (Paul) Gallen wants to back him and say it was OK.

“Are you cracking jokes? Mate you don’t take drugs. If you take drugs, you don’t play our game.

“Simple as that. Gal got slapped on the wrist for what he did, he got away with it.

“This kid he’s going to have to pay the penalty.”

Gallen then hit back by telling 2GB: “I just love a big, tough guy with a big mouth.

“I was with Mark Carroll probably three or four months ago, not even, doing a luncheon with him and he’s shaking my hand and best mates to my face.

MORE NRL NEWS

TEAM LISTS ROUND 4: Desperate Dragons in shake-up, Taumalolo OUT for NQ

STAYING A SEA EAGLE: Suli rejects cashed-up Dragons bid to re-sign at Manly

HOOPER: Dufty axing proves Mary has completely lost the plot

“Nice as pie. Now he wants to get on radio and say things like that.

“If you don’t like someone and you think someone’s done the wrong, don’t shake their hand and be nice to them.

“Be a man and say you’ve done the wrong thing I don’t like you.

“I just think he’s a two-faced coward.”

A fuming Carroll then attempted to telephone 2GB to go head-to-head with Gallen on air but was told both men had been allowed to have their say.

Carroll then telephoned Fox Sports and unloaded.

e50848b74e3eb331e3272e1beaa03ac0

Cronulla's Paul Gallen after Manly try during NRL Elimination Final match between the Manly Sea Eagles and Cronulla Sharks at Lottoland. Picture. Phil HillyardSource: News Corp Australia
“Gallen is lucky he got off as light as what he did. Look at what happened to Sandor Earl – he got four years,” Carroll said.

“At least he took it on the chin. I commend him for putting his hand straight up.

“If someone who’s not a doctor wants to jab me with a needle I’m going to bloody ask, “what is it”.

d7aaa0c1a015f0a8d546152bcc9f018e

Mark Spudd Carroll and Adam McDougallSource: News Corp Australia
“It’s always got under my grill that Gal only missed a few games and a Kangaroo tour.

“He was supposed to be the leader at Cronulla.

“That’s not leadership, that’s throwing young blokes under the bus.

“That’s the real definition of a coward.

“I was just an average footballer who trained hard to get the best out of my body.

“You don’t do drugs. You are taught as a kid. Period.”

kDr10s5.gif

Generalzod

Immortal
Gallen complained about mental health issues during ASADA. Thinking of him through this difficult ordeal of being called a drug cheat for cheating with drugs.
Wasn’t tested positive for performance enhancing drugs, geez can’t wait for the usual reply’s like either was Armstrong blah blah blah

Last edited:

ACTPanthers

Bench
Wasn’t tested positive for performance enhancing drugs, geez can’t wait for the usual reply’s like either was Armstrong blah blah blah
Don't you get tired of defending almost every negative post about the Sharks?

Like far out bro, you need to calm down...

SBD82

Coach
Then he should sue Spud for libel.

Unless of course Gal admitted to the use on record. That didn’t happen did it?

Latest posts