What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
you’re not looking hard enough
Post a link then? Have reviewed their FB, Twitter and Insta and none of them confirm it as their alternate jersey. The closest is them saying prior to Charity Shield it's "a red hot warm up".

Saint Doc

Coach
Post a link then? Have reviewed their FB, Twitter and Insta and none of them confirm it as their alternate jersey. The closest is them saying prior to Charity Shield it's "a red hot warm up".

check the comments. And it was confirmed by the manufacturer, not the club

Reflector

Juniors
I’m sure it doesn’t look right because of the way it’s facing but a good point about the broncos..

This just seems much better..(IMO of course).

View attachment 38623

That gradient effect is dated. And changing the font was the right move, for 1988 standards having it in that medieval font was ahead of the curve (every club bar the Broncos, Steelers and Giants still had standard aerial typeface font back then) but we've seen a shift back to plainer fonts and simpler colours over the last decade or so.

sempmrh

Juniors
I like the redraw and simplification of the knight helmet but I think the logo loses character by ditching the wordmark. They very easily could have just cleaned it up.

That gradient effect is dated. And changing the font was the right move, for 1988 standards having it in that medieval font was ahead of the curve (every club bar the Broncos, Steelers and Giants still had standard aerial typeface font back then) but we've seen a shift back to plainer fonts and simpler colours over the last decade or so.

well the font is at least the right way around, unlike the new logo!

sempmrh

Juniors
Storm finally (!) have 2020 home and away jerseys available through the club online store. Same deal as the ANZAC Day jersey - it comes without the RedZed and Grill’d sponsor logos but you can have the RedZed logo heat pressed on for an extra $10. It should be free but whatever - at least there’s the option.

kdalymc

Bench
Paying to have a sponsor on there because they have made their jersey to suit a sponsor and doesn't stand alone as a good design....

Nuke

Staff member
Gotta say the new Newcastle Knights emblem doesn’t look right at all..

Facing the wrong way! Like a Martin Bella play-the-ball.

Who came up with that??

View attachment 38621
It took a long time for me to get used to the updated logo. And then it took a while to get used to seeing it on a jersey. I don't personally feel they needed to flip the emblem around. I know the marketing talk was about that it now faces and heads towards the future instead of looking backwards, but looking the other way is more defiant. Standing his ground.

But anyway, my biggest gripe with the logo is the removal of the name 'Newcastle'.
Also, if they had to update the logo, I would have liked them to have substituted the black with a darkish shade of blue. It would make the logo more in line with the Knights' colours. Something like this mockup I did at the time they announced it:
nk-alternate-jpg.33191

Last edited:

sempmrh

Juniors
It took a long time for me to get used to the updated logo. And then it took a while to get used to seeing it on a jersey. I don't personally feel they needed to flip the emblem around. I know the marketing talk was about that it now faces and heads towards the future instead of looking backwards, but looking the other way is more defiant. Standing his ground.

But anyway, my biggest gripe with the logo is the removal of the name 'Newcastle'.
Also, if they had to update the logo, I would have liked them to have substituted the black with a darkish shade of blue. It would make the logo more in line with the Knights' colours. Something like this mockup I did at the time they announced it:
nk-alternate-jpg.33191
Centring the helmet with the wordmark, while only a subtle change, makes a big difference.

kdalymc

Bench
That Sea Eagles get up is pretty f*cked i turned on the news last night and thought it was Queensland highlights

It's Been Done

Juniors
Since when did the Roosters have Easts on their clash socks? Or have they had it for a while and I've only just noticed tonight