What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brownie

Dragons2020

Juniors
Give Brownie the job again he put together a good team at Newcastle he has a lot of experience now. I would like to see him bring his mate Tallis with him as a forwards advisor/motivator

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Apparently if you eat two special brownies, Mary looks like a good coach.

It’s scary to think Mary has been coach longer than Brownie.
At least we did play some attractive footy under Brownie compared to the dribbles of shit we have to painfully watch the past 18 months.
Also Brownie had a set of balls and would drop inderperformers, promote juniors and of course perform some inspirational body language (face slaps) for motivation. Shit he even basically gave the team a free license to bash the Storm whenever we played them again.
Mary on the other hand blames everybody except looking into the mirror (zero accountability) and if u listen to him in interviews he would put a vampire to sleep during the night with his boring, monotone communication.
At the end of the day Brownie shits all over Mary however we need an experienced head coach with a strong proven record so both are a no from me.

TruSaint

Referee
Give Brownie the job again he put together a good team at Newcastle he has a lot of experience now. I would like to see him bring his mate Tallis with him as a forwards advisor/motivator

Nathan was given his first grade coach way too early. Not his fault.
I have a lot of respect for him, but its hard coaching your "mates".

Whats happened since is the club has so woven itself into the " old boys" mentality, that EVEN if he was suitable, he wouldnt get the job. I truly believe that. Farah / Brown / Price / Mary ... Nathan is better than the other 3 by some margin.

Where I disagree with you is Tallis. His legacy will be a QLD great, and also a dog who stood down for a season whilst our club was in crisis. Dont care what he says now, beacuse he talks crap. Did it to Bennett as well. Great player, but a greater prick.

Dragons2020

Juniors
Nathan was given his first grade coach way too early. Not his fault.
I have a lot of respect for him, but its hard coaching your "mates".

Whats happened since is the club has so woven itself into the " old boys" mentality, that EVEN if he was suitable, he wouldnt get the job. I truly believe that. Farah / Brown / Price / Mary ... Nathan is better than the other 3 by some margin.

Where I disagree with you is Tallis. His legacy will be a QLD great, and also a dog who stood won for a season whilst our club was in crisis. Dont care what he says now, beacuse he talks crap. Did it to Bennett as well. Great player, but a greater prick.
Yeah fair enough but I like Tallis his hard mental attitude to forward play and just felt like he would work well with Brownie. But agree he is probably no chance anyway of being involved in coaching. But Brownie definitely a big YES for me as head coach

TruSaint

Referee
Yeah fair enough but I like Tallis his hard mental attitude to forward play and just felt like he would work well with Brownie. But agree he is probably no chance anyway of being involved in coaching. But Brownie definitely a big YES for me as head coach

I respect your post. I am a fan of Nathans. As a player, coach and human.
Tallis can be the Gladiator for all I care, but he means zero to me.

TruSaint

Referee
What....regularly made the semis and left the club in a wonderful position, that even Wayne Bennett acknowledged Brownies structures. (Except McGregor)

Spot on.

He was fricken 29 when he was coach for us...

Players are now still on the field in the mid 30's...

His win ratio with us and in the UK is worthy. He took over at the KNights after Tinkler's disaster.

He wont be our coach because of the Old Dog stigma. But he will be back coaching.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Brown_(rugby_league,_born_1973)

Last edited:

Latest posts