What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 Vs Eels

GongPanther

Referee
I don’t mind Gus’ comments on this. As he said, each player offers something very special. I’d love to see all three in Penrith colours for a very long time.

That being said, on form, Burton at 6, Cleary at 7, and Luai at 14 should be go moving forward. Very hard to leave one of these guys out, based on this year’s form so far.
All three need to be in the squad. Either Luai or Burton will add firepower from the bench on occasions, and handy for injuries.

betcats

Referee
Which means he isnt injured. He warmed up in full kit on friday as 18th man, he looked like he was going to run out.

Cleary obviously prefers Crichton in the centres, which is perfectly understandable. It’s just frustrating he’s not thinking outside the box on how to get Naden into the team as well. We’re not a good enough team to leave out someone whose shown the ability to regularly score tries.

Blade23

Juniors
Which means he isnt injured. He warmed up in full kit on friday as 18th man, he looked like he was going to run out.

Came back underdone mate. Will have to jump through hoops to get back in Ivan's good books.
I think he will sooner rather than later. He was a chance last week to sneak onto the bench. Now he has to train hard and wait for his chance.

WestyLife

First Grade
Came back underdone mate. Will have to jump through hoops to get back in Ivan's good books.
I think he will sooner rather than later. He was a chance last week to sneak onto the bench. Now he has to train hard and wait for his chance.

I can't fault Ivan for this approach as long as he doesn't go too far. No way Storm or Roosters accepts anything less than perfection.

Kilkenny

Coach
Cleary obviously prefers Crichton in the centres, which is perfectly understandable. It’s just frustrating he’s not thinking outside the box on how to get Naden into the team as well. We’re not a good enough team to leave out someone whose shown the ability to regularly score tries.

I think perhaps Ivan may value Josh Mansour’s 200 plus metres each game more just at present.

In my opinion, Josh’s metres, off load’s and general all round play have been invaluable to date so he simply cannot be dropped at present.

Naden’s only in would be to replace Whare and while Dean is not an attacking weapon again he does his job very effectively.

I think Brent Naden is going to have to suck it up in the short term and may have to wait for an injury to get back in the starting 13.

Kilkenny

Coach
The Eels have been pretty impressive in the first four rounds even allowing for the fact they could have and probably should have been beaten by the Sea Eagles late on but for a dubious call. They were probably still the better side on the night. The home ground advantage is a huge leg up for them even allowing for the fact there are no crowds. I am hoping for a win, but things will have to go our way and we will surely have to get the rub of the green.

I think perhaps Ivan may value Josh Mansour’s 200 plus metres each game more just at present.

In my opinion, Josh’s metres, off load’s and general all round play have been invaluable to date so he simply cannot be dropped at present.

Naden’s only in would be to replace Whare and while Dean is not an attacking weapon again he does his job very effectively.

I think Brent Naden is going to have to suck it up in the short term and may have to wait for an injury to get back in the starting 13.

There’s more than one way to skin a cat.

Move Crichton to FB. Think outside the box.

We’ve got 3 guys in our backline who offer *nothing* in attack. And for the life of me I can’t see how Whare is doing his job effectively. You play on both ends of the field, and he doesn’t do anything in attack. His defence isn’t what it was either, tackle efficiency is down to 72% this year.

franklin2323

Immortal

Naden for Whare seems like the go. When is the question

Kilkenny

Coach
Dean Whare has 1 lone try in his last 25 games, his tackle efficiency has dropped to 72% this year. There’s nothing effective about him.

Naden’s defence is no worse than that, and he has 10 tries in 14 games.

It was a good try. He ran a good line? Remember it well.

On a serious note, you have to back Ivan Cleary and think he is best placed to judge.

Dean’s day are numbered no doubt but just for the time being I think our 2-5 are probably our best options and Naden will just have to bide his time.

It was a good try. He ran a good line? Remember it well.

On a serious note, you have to back Ivan Cleary and think he is best placed to judge.

Dean’s day are numbered no doubt but just for the time being I think our 2-5 are probably our best options and Naden will just have to bide his time.

No I don’t have to back Ivan Cleary, he’s an average coach at best and always will be.

chrisD

Coach
Hopefully Whare's gets some combination going and his attack improves so that we never have to deal with Naden's shortcomings in first grade again. At least not at centre.

Kilkenny

Coach
No I don’t have to back Ivan Cleary, he’s an average coach at best and always will be.

Shame you feel that way!

Surely, it is in our best interests to support and back our coach, regardless of what you think about his capabilities?

As I said at the time, he wouldn’t have been my choice to return to the club as head coach, but he is here, we have to suck it up and as it happens we have had a decent start to 2020.

You don’t have to back him, I will choose to do so 100% for the best interests of the club, team, supporters and hope he delivers the success we all crave for.