What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Siebold is more concerned about vaccinating NRL players than Broncos performances

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Moral of story, dont waste big % of your cap on your pack!
Melbourne know this, look at the quality forwards they have let go over the years.
And have dominant sides with benches that have jaimen lowe and adam woolnough on them. Been growing their own bench boppers for a bit now though

Jerkwad2000

Juniors
We will happily continue to provide the lion's share of the TV revenue money to continue to uphold the viability of whatever little club you happen to support. For no thanks other than your scorn and ridicule and contempt.

Although I'm pretty sure your tongue is firmly in your cheek with that comment, I'm going to bite........

This belief that Brisbane provide all this value to the TV deals is just a fallacy. They would provide next to nothing in value for Fox. And the value for 9 would be, at best, 1/3 of the deal. And that's only because people in Brisbane refuse to watch any team other than Brisbane. This is why they are always on FTA. 9 have 2 markets for advertising, and they know that their audience is doubled for a Brisbane game in Brisbane than it is for a game featuring 2 teams from Sydney. Despite the fact that the Sydney audience will be larger.

It's just delusional garbage from delusional people that think anything else. The league would be 30m a year worse off without Brisbane. That's it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Although I'm pretty sure your tongue is firmly in your cheek with that comment, I'm going to bite........

This belief that Brisbane provide all this value to the TV deals is just a fallacy. They would provide next to nothing in value for Fox. And the value for 9 would be, at best, 1/3 of the deal. And that's only because people in Brisbane refuse to watch any team other than Brisbane. This is why they are always on FTA. 9 have 2 markets for advertising, and they know that their audience is doubled for a Brisbane game in Brisbane than it is for a game featuring 2 teams from Sydney. Despite the fact that the Sydney audience will be larger.

It's just delusional garbage from delusional people that think anything else. The league would be 30m a year worse off without Brisbane. That's it.

Is that true though? Not saying it isn't but I've seen it said so many times without any shred of evidence presented. I wonder if it is one of those urban myths that has become fact because it has been said so many times?
Just last week Melbourne v Souths rated higher on FTA than Broncos v Roosters overall.
The Brisbane audience was 131,000 for the Broncos game and 120,000 for the Storm game, just a 10% difference.

shear_joy9

Coach

Milford at fullback is in company with Teddy, TT and RTS.
In the halves he's like Ash Taylor, Shaun Johnson and Hunt.

Fangs

Coach
At least at FB Milf will be forced into shedding some weight. He isn't offering anything in the 6 so might as well.

AJB1102

First Grade
I truly believe this is the root of their current issues, when developing their roster it appears they have neglected balance. You do not win premierships without it.

Some good young, destructive forwards, SFA elsewhere in their squad. I mean Darius is still on their books & starting each week.

Yep no balance. A lot of EXTREMELY talented youth and the few experienced blokes are happy to just see out fat contracts. Milford quickly showing his loyalty activating his extra $1M option - inspirational effort.

I can't believe I'm saying this but ... ooft! Here goes. Gordon Tallis raised a good theory.

They're picking blokes on whether they're 6'3" and 100kg+ without considering character.

Broncos would transform overnight almost with a Jeremy Smith, Luke Lewis type of signing. I'd go big for a bloke like Dale Finucane if I were them.

Last edited:

AJB1102

First Grade
as kids these blokes only ever wanted to be broncos. from the johns interview with cam smith on mattys podcast, it's clear that the rejection drove all of them to be what they became.

They all told the broncos to f**k off when the they came sniffing around when they were established players.

Spot on. JT has said it put a chip on his shoulder. Cam wasn't quite as blunt but admitted beating Brisbane in Brisbane is always a highlight.

AJB1102

First Grade

f**k that's depressing. We've been robbed as fans. This McNugget should be keeping Teddy and Turbo biding their time in the outside backs of the Kangaroos.

Something which stood out that I'd forgotten about him is the cheeky smile and just following every runner in hope. Now he rarely smiles and looks like he's lost all hope. Gone from a cheeky character to Darius Boyd. Needs a quack, even just a 2nd year psych student on the drive-thru would be a good start.

Reactions: gUt

betcats

Referee
I just dont get Seibold. Why would you bring on an 18yo fullback in the 70th minute of a 2 point game. Not just a straight switch, he shuffles the current fullback into hooker to accommodate another teenager? Im sure Niu is a gun but to get thrown on in that situation is doing him no favours, and having a fullback play hooker to just get the kid on is dumb

Broncos showed the perils of a young team last night, even when they play well young teams often switch off just a bit once they get out to a decent lead, that little drop off in intensity then gives the opposition a sniff.

betcats

Referee
f**k that's depressing. We've been robbed as fans. This McNugget should be keeping Teddy and Turbo biding their time in the outside backs of the Kangaroos.

Something which stood out that I'd forgotten about him is the cheeky smile and just following every runner in hope. Now he rarely smiles and looks like he's lost all hope. Gone from a cheeky character to Darius Boyd. Needs a quack, even just a 2nd year psych student on the drive-thru would be a good start.

He doesnt have the drive or attitude to get himself and keep himself in front of teddy and turbo, no chance no matter where he played his footy. As soon as he got that big pay day he blew out.

mn_tibor

Juniors
He doesnt have the drive or attitude to get himself and keep himself in front of teddy and turbo, no chance no matter where he played his footy. As soon as he got that big pay day he blew out.

To be fair on the last point he a great year in 2015 and probably deserved the Clive Churchill medal in the gf. I don't think Hunt's up and down form did him any favours. On top of this he looked really good against the Bunnies in round 2. Can't argue the first point though.

betcats

Referee
To be fair on the last point he a great year in 2015 and probably deserved the Clive Churchill medal in the gf. I don't think Hunt's up and down form did him any favours. On top of this he looked really good against the Bunnies in round 2. Can't argue the first point though.

Yeah fair enough, he is still a super talented player who is going have plenty of great games but I just dont see him ever reaching the heights he really should.

Bronco18

Juniors

Nah, in the back end of 2015 and for most of 2016 he looked the best he had ever done in the 6.

Other posts have covered it here, it’s the attitude that’s his fault, not the number on his back.