What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 Vs Eels

franklin2323

Immortal
Our conversion rate on clean break is pathetic, Martin goes straight through and there’s no support within 10 metres of him.

Crichton learnt some lessons tonight, he gave away the penalty then missed waqa, really poor mistakes.

You get that with young guys

The Realist

Juniors
Critter got completely owned.

We now know why Hasler let Api go - he isn't a 70+ minute hooker

Tamou isn't worth 1/2 of what we are paying him

JFH is a champion player but always seems to give critical loose penalties away. Gotta cut that crap out.

Mansour - a beast running the ball out - super ordinary at everything else.

Aetkins - tries hard - an honest back up, but you can't have him as your fullback and expect to be a top tier team.

Kikau - dangerous near the ball and a hard hitting defender but is good for at least 1 knock on a game.

As I keep saying about this Panthers team - many of the players are good for that 1 critical missed tackle, brain dead penalty, or sloppy feet/hands a game. When the odd player does it that is a few errors a game.

When 1/2 the team does it - you can give games away and that is exactly what we did.

WestyLife

First Grade
If we had a ball playing fullback we win comfortably. Aekins destroyed at least 2 massive overlaps. Guy can catch but that's it. Every game I also hate Mansour a little more. It might be unfair but it is what it is.

The second half not having the ball killed us and Burton should've gone to fullback to get the best of the 3 top level halves when we needed points.

tripster

Juniors
Really great game. Disappointed of course that we lost, but there was only an inch in it. When Kikau caught that bomb it was a miracle that Gutherson held him up. 99/100 that doesn’t happen. If Kikau scores that try we go up 14-0 with a kick near the posts, and probably go on to win.

Bring on the Storm.

age.s

First Grade
Very disappointed but it was a cracking game and we showed we'll be thereabouts at the end of the year.

Caleb has been ok but that was an atrocious bit of work for their third try. No idea why the bounce was hyped up, he could have gotten there but he just gave up. I don't care if Edwards is ready, he needs to be back in CC for that. You don't just give up when the game is on the line like that.

Just had a feeling one of our exes would the one to burn us. Crichton is a talent but Waqa showed him who's who when the game was on the line. Gave him an absolute bath in those 5 minutes and that was it.

The_Frog

First Grade
If we had a ball playing fullback we win comfortably.
You can't have what you haven't got. Edwards will be back next week.

I'm thinking we won't hear too many more calls for Crichton to be fullback. He was found out in his best position.

martielang

Bench
You get that with young guys

ok ok so let me get this straight.

Crichton misses 2 tackles that lead directly to tries = you get that with young guys.

Aekins ‘misses’ a ball that bounces at 90 degrees away from him & is somehow the only one who was supposed to be in support in the 79th minute on the right edge = Aekins cost us 2 tries.

Arghhh makes perfect sense.

Fangs

Coach
Caleb has been ok but that was an atrocious bit of work for their third try. No idea why the bounce was hyped up, he could have gotten there but he just gave up.

Yes.

Was that really a fluke bounce? It looked like he over ran it completely. He also dropped a bomb as well. He is usually a very safe player but those were both big moments.

snickers007

Juniors
Panthers fans: Naden is too shit at defence to play centre

Stephen Crichten: Hold my beer

Seriously though, we outplayed Parra for 60mins, and other than "those 3 sets" looked very comfortable in defence.

We didn't have too many opportunities in attack, but as always, we looked good when:
1) Kikau got early ball
2) Luai took on the line at speed
3) Martin hit holes on the edge

Problem is we didn't see anywhere near enough of that type of play.

I think Burton needs more minutes. And if Edwards isn't back next week, I'd be playing Luai at FB with Burton at 5/8. Also not overly disappointed that Capewell seems to have done his hammy again. I think Martin offers more, and hope to see Hetherington on the bench next week.

kinghippo

Juniors
He is useless. Can’t even use the ‘but he is safe line’
Edwards isn’t much better, Ivan’s dedication to “safe” fullbacks is a massive detriment to the team. If we can’t get some decent attack going we are not going to be heavily involved in the pointy end of the season.
Everyone played pretty well tonight but realistically we are a good forward pack and a bunch of average backs.

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade
You can't have what you haven't got. Edwards will be back next week.

I'm thinking we won't hear too many more calls for Crichton to be fullback. He was found out in his best position.

After a massive period of defence in his third game starting the position at NRL level. It's at least understandable.

Dave's mate

Juniors

Crichton misses 2 tackles that lead directly to tries = you get that with young guys.

Aekins ‘misses’ a ball that bounces at 90 degrees away from him & is somehow the only one who was supposed to be in support in the 79th minute on the right edge = Aekins cost us 2 tries.

He blew 2 with the ball mate. The play stops dead when he gets it 99% of the time.first grade just moves far too fast for him

betcats

Referee

I can live with Aekins dropped ballS we get that fro Dylan anyway. He absolutely gives us nothing in attack, no support play and he’s terrible with his input into backline, there was the most obvious scoring opportunity on the first half he could just handed Whare the ball and he would’ve put To’o over easily and Aekins just runs, there wasn’t even pressure on him from the defence, he had heaps of time.

franklin2323

Immortal

No Aekins stuffed 2-3 overlaps too.

Doesn’t the fullback follow the ball in attack too?

Latest posts