What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 v Sharks

Blood&Bandage

Juniors
People bagging Rava and Pereira after today’s performance are kidding themselves.

They both had handling errors. But they both had their best games in a long time. They did a cracking job getting our sets off to a start. If they haven’t been dropped previously they won’t be dropped now.

I’d prefer to have Saab in the team too. But they were both massively improved and were a big reason that we got the win today.
Rava’s returns are awesome!!!

It’s under the high ball that terrifies me.

He’s rocks and diamonds.

boardlumps62

Juniors
For some reason, I just feel it was Flanno that selected & coached the team this week against his former club.
Call me cynical, but I reckon Mary had other stuff going on, like saving his arse and grovelling to Andrew Gordon of WINless Corp.
Couldnt see anyone else in the coaching box yesterday. I was looking for Flanno did anyone notice maybe on the sidelines? Great win

Old Timer

Coach
Lol..

Sorry OT, but you really have flipped your lid on this one..

The majority of us dragons fans are enjoying the win..

Why can’t you?
Deflection and deception as usual when the heat is put on you.

I am enjoying the win and that was not the basis or the content of the posts we have exchanged.

You are using the win as a way of goading Dragonsamy and you trying to ridicule him.

You are too gutless to admit what you are doing and as usual you just change the truth to suit yourself.

Mean spirited on your part muzby just man up and admit you do these things on purpose and you are a merkin for doing so.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Deflection and deception as usual when the heat is put on you.

I am enjoying the win and that was not the basis or the content of the posts we have exchanged.

You are using the win as a way of goading Dragonsamy and you trying to ridicule him.

You are too gutless to admit what you are doing and as usual you just change the truth to suit yourself.

Mean spirited on your part muzby just man up and admit you do these things on purpose and you are a merkin for doing so.
Do you have to turn every thread into yet another of your rants against me?

You’re boring.

Everyone’s sick of it.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Couldnt see anyone else in the coaching box yesterday. I was looking for Flanno did anyone notice maybe on the sidelines? Great win
Yes Flanno was in the box, standing & walking around in the background, away from TV detection.
Probably had to because Mary was abusing the spare chair every time RAV4 dropped the ball.

matPORTS

Juniors
Have merely become a casual viewer of the team and the game (until such time that Maestro is given the flick)...

However, from listening in at times on the radio and watching the highlights:

• Seems that everyone in the team lifted for the occasion of the derby
  • Dufty is probably our best option at 1 (although let's see how long Maestro keeps him there)
  • Hunt off the bench with significant game time at 9 is probably the way to go going forward
  • Norman & Clune well controlled games in the halves, especially their kicking games, albeit last tackle options down in the opp 20m still need a hell of a lot of polish
  • Longer term, Tyrell Fuimaono could well be a fairly handy replacement for Frizell
  • James Graham on tired legs is very much borrowed time now - Ford needs game time
  • JP & Rava had better games, but agree with those who've said that Saab should still be given a run ahead of Rava in games upcoming
  • Aitken is still a turnstile

Finally:
  • Were we really that much better than the Sharks, or were they worse / having an off day?
  • How much of the game plan was influenced by Flanno knowing his opposition?
  • Important for the team to get a decent win against the Titans next week, as the draw only gets harder from then on
  • Media blowtorch on Maestro should go offline for a re-fuel, for now

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Have merely become a casual viewer of the team and the game (until such time that Maestro is given the flick)...

However, from listening in at times on the radio and watching the highlights:

• Seems that everyone in the team lifted for the occasion of the derby
  • Dufty is probably our best option at 1 (although let's see how long Maestro keeps him there)
  • Hunt off the bench with significant game time at 9 is probably the way to go going forward
  • Norman & Clune well controlled games in the halves, especially their kicking games, albeit last tackle options down in the opp 20m still need a hell of a lot of polish
  • Longer term, Tyrell Fuimaono could well be a fairly handy replacement for Frizell
  • James Graham on tired legs is very much borrowed time now - Ford needs game time
  • JP & Rava had better games, but agree with those who've said that Saab should still be given a run ahead of Rava in games upcoming
  • Aitken is still a turnstile

Finally:
  • Were we really that much better than the Sharks, or were they worse / having an off day?
  • How much of the game plan was influenced by Flanno knowing his opposition?
  • Important for the team to get a decent win against the Titans next week, as the draw only gets harder from then on
  • Media blowtorch on Maestro should go offline for a re-fuel, for now
Agree on Hunt - he gave some great spark from dummy half..

I like Mick Ennis’ defence, but I’ve found his DH service to be a bit slow at times. Maybe a more permanent move to lock could be a good thing..

Although that does leave us the with possibly the most expensive hooker in the comp..

Dragon David

First Grade
Surprised by the Saints win and good on the team for it. As much as I want to see drastic change at St. George, I'm changing my opinion and hope we never get the spoon.

I'm hoping that the majority of us Dragons fans are thinking the same Qapm. Why wish for us to get the spoon when it feels better when we win games irrespective on how that might affect the outcome of Mary's misfortunes one day?

For us to come last just so we can get rid of Mary is not what we are following our team for. Wins are greater than having losses even though we want Mary gone.