What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

im pretty sure the numbering standard is set by the nrl, nothing to do with manufacturers

i honestly don’t know, but the bulldogs did maintain the solid numbering when most (possibly all) the others went to this bordered style.. I wouldn’t have thought the NRL stipulated it though. Does anyone know/can confirm?

Brisbane Buffoons.png
brisbane-buffoons-png.39107

Attachments

• Brisbane Buffoons.png
    Brisbane Buffoons.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

TDD91

Juniors
rumours starting to floati around that ISC are going to completely pull out of NRL and AFL as of next year.

They seem to be pulling out of Super League as well. Only 3 teams left with ISC and one of those, Leeds, have already announced they're leaving at the end of the season for Elite Pro Sports who are involved with a few union teams and sell NRL gear over here.

i honestly don’t know, but the bulldogs did maintain the solid numbering when most (possibly all) the others went to this bordered style.. I wouldn’t have thought the NRL stipulated it though. Does anyone know/can confirm?
I'd love for the teams to use the old Westmont template from the late 80's and early 90's. Very clear and a classic design.

hellteam

First Grade
I'd love for the teams to use the old Westmont template from the late 80's and early 90's. Very clear and a classic design.

I liked when teams actually put a bit of effort into the numbers (2-3 tone numbers). They became a feature of the jersey. Really set the professional jerseys apart from local club jerseys etc.

Two that come to mind are the Broncos 90s jerseys, and Qld origin jerseys.

1539115227858_581c543db8f4b983ed3dc67384d781f2.jpeg

cbf89c9bef6fb466e7567601779de4d6

Storm were also doing it until quite recently

the-melbourne-storm-celebrate-after-winning-the-nrl-grand-final-match-picture-id77112830

Tigers look decent now, but all other teams now have basic one colour numbers from memory

Wests-Tigers-permitted-Josh-Reynolds-to-find-a-new-club-in-2020.jpg

images

wishartr-199201.jpg

Best close-up I can find so far.

That Dragons numbering is my personal favourite. But these days jumpers don't really get dirty like they did back then. A solid numbering with an "outline" like that is great for mine, just not this bordering scheme currently used. I absolutely agree with the bloated comment from @sempmrh above.

A number should also always be distinctive from the pattern/style of the jersey. Easily seen from the sideline or stands. Light-on-dark or Dark-on-light is a simple formula. But it staggers me that some clubs have numbering that is difficult/impossible to distinguish watching the game... The Current NQld home kit is a current example.... Looks great up close but from afar, it can be a blur of blue with some grey in there somewhere..

That Dragons numbering is my personal favourite. But these days jumpers don't really get dirty like they did back then. A solid numbering with an "outline" like that is great for mine, just not this bordering scheme currently used. I absolutely agree with the bloated comment from @sempmrh above.

A number should also always be distinctive from the pattern/style of the jersey. Easily seen from the sideline or stands. Light-on-dark or Dark-on-light is a simple formula. But it staggers me that some clubs have numbering that is difficult/impossible to distinguish watching the game... The Current NQld home kit is a current example.... Looks great up close but from afar, it can be a blur of blue with some grey in there somewhere..
They managed to do a cut through on the design for the Toyota sponsor on the front, but couldn’t achieve the same on the back...

Maybe they could bring back the solid colour box clubs have had in the past if they really want the number to be the same as the top half of the jersey?

They managed to do a cut through on the design for the Toyota sponsor on the front, but couldn’t achieve the same on the back...

Maybe they could bring back the solid colour box clubs have had in the past if they really want the number to be the same as the top half of the jersey?

Yeah they could. A lot of clubs have previously use the solid box on their jerseys and it can look great. Although I think they could use a more contrasting colour for the numbering. Either way, the design of a jersey should accomodate clear numbering. I think some designers over complicate it all.