What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland Maroons 2020

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Round 1 Eligible Players

Fullback
Valentine Holmes
Kalyn Ponga
Phillip Sami
Corey Thompson

Wing
Jesse Arthars
Dale Copley
Kyle Feldt
Dane Gagai
Ben Hampton
Hymel Hunt
Ronaldo Mulitalo
Corey Oates

Centre

Justin O'Neil
Marion Seve
Gehamat Shibsaki
Enari Tuala

Five Eighth
Kurt Mann
Anthony Milford
Cameron Munster
Corey Norman

Halfback
Daly Cherry-Evans
Brodie Croft
Ben Hunt
Lachlan Lewis
Michael Morgan
Ash Taylor

Prop
Thomas Flegler
Dunamis Lui
Dylan Napa
Josh Papalii
Jarrod Wallace

Hooker
Jake Friend
Jake Granville
Reed Mahoney
Jake Turpin
Billy Walters

Second Row
Gavin Cooper
David Fifita
Coen Hess
Corey Horsburgh
Felise Kaufusi
Jaydn Su'A

Lock
Jai Arrow
Patrick Carrigan

Interchange
Billy Brittain
Lindsay Collins
Mitch Dunn
Tino Fa'asuamaleaui
Tim Glasby
Aidan Guerra
Corey Jensen
Ethan Lowe
Andrew McCullough
Thomas Mikaele
Francis Molo

Few more from recent rounds:

Harry Grant
Keegan Hipgrave
Brenko Lee
Josh Kerr
Mitchell Dunn
Josh McGuire
Kurt Capewell
Edrick Lee
Patrick Mago
Jake Clifford

Nerd

Bench
I really hope that QLD have another option at half besides DCE. His long range kicking is below average and he just doesn't lead a team around that well.

gUt

Coach
I really hope that QLD have another option at half besides DCE. His long range kicking is below average and he just doesn't lead a team around that well.

1 try assist all year too. The T brothers do it all I guess.

Desert Qlder

First Grade

Ben-Hunt-Origin-755x515.jpg

Kevin-Walters-QLD-Coach.jpeg

davi

Juniors

Yeah, nah. Daly Cherry Evans will be the first one picked. If you didn't select him then you would have to have the headache of replacing him as captain as well. It could be manageably done though if you replace him with Michael Morgan and made Morgan captain.

But the face the facts the selections that media and commentators will be discussing for QLD won't be at the half back spot. Cherry Evans as captain virtually cements his spot in the team for the series. I don't even think the positives would outweigh the negatives in replacing him either.

aqua_duck

Coach
If Safiti , Radley and Lodge are the best NSW have then I hope Tedesco and Cook play forever.

Sorry unless there’s major improvement in these guys and in 3/4 years we have a pack of say:

8. Safiti
10. Haas
11. Murray
12. TPJ
13. Radley

Then QLD should shit Origin in
I'd argue Radley and Saifiti have been 2 of the form forwards this year. Saifiti is averaging 165m a game compared Mikaele 90m and Flegler 113m.

In 5 years a pack of
Haas
Fainu/Brailey
Klemmer
Crichton
Murray
Trbojevic

Saifiti
Radley
Leniu/Utoikamanu/Guler/Twal
Butcher/matterson/TPJ

That pack would more than hold their own

Showtime

Juniors
At this stage I’d go;

Ponga
Holmes
Gagai
?
Oates
Munster
Cherry-Evans

McGuire
Hunt
Papalii
Kaufusi

Fifita
Arrow

Morgan
Collins
Horsburgh
Lowe

Our depth at centre is horrendous unless there’s someone I’m forgetting. Highlighted are those who I think will play finals footy.

Last edited:

Jimmy-o

Juniors
Centre is definitely a weak spot. Interestingly, the Knights have a bunch of eligible centres (Hunt, Tuala, Shibasaki, Moga) but whether they are up to Origin... In the forwards, Collins should debut this year and hopefully Tino Fa’asuamaleaui at some stage in 2020.

gUt

Coach
I presume Justin Olam couldn't qualify, which is a bit weird when you consider the other pacific nations' players being able to suit up.

Other centre candidates including some left field options:

Corey Thompson
Val Holmes
Phillip Sami
Moses Mbye
Justin O'Neill
Michael Morgan

isaiah

Bench
Centre is definitely a weak spot. Interestingly, the Knights have a bunch of eligible centres (Hunt, Tuala, Shibasaki, Moga) but whether they are up to Origin... In the forwards, Collins should debut this year and hopefully Tino Fa’asuamaleaui at some stage in 2020.
Carrigan ahead of collins

Latest posts